1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jan 2, 2017.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone,

The first January transfer HAS been agreed...

Yes folks.....

IT HAS HAPPENED....

Jack McKAY has gone on loan to Airdreonians

I dare say we will see a lot of outgoings, especially when you consider the size of our midfield squad.

It seems Swansea have reneged on a gentleman's agreement with Leeds Utd on Kyle Bartley.

According to O'Rourke, a fee had been agreed at 2m. Now, Swansea are wriggling out of it.

I saw Leeds Lover's post regarding Taylor supposedly going to West Brom. Personally, I don't believe it, especially considering the position Leeds find themselves in currently.

If they offer something ridiculous like 15m so be it, then we can afford to strengthen in all the area's we need to, but if its 5 or 6 million Brom can do one!

I put it down to Taylor's agent stirring the pot.

please log in to view this image
    Simon O'Rourke ‏@simon_orourke
    31 Dec 2016
    As it's just my regular mailboxes, I'll keep it short. Taylor: wants to stay, willing to sign now, Leeds turned down five offers.

A little off topic but where does Giroud's goal rank in the let's say 10 best ever? (or doesn't it)

Farsleyexile likes this.
  2. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

You give O'Rourke far too much credence. He is just a canadian version of leeds lover. Someone that recopies rumours that he finds from google searches. He is using you and the club to boost his readership. Give your head a shake and wise up.

BillysStatue likes this.
  3. Chippy / Glory

Girouds goal was obviously a fluke. He was atrempting a diving header and went too early, and as an ex goalie i can tell you the keeper should have stopped it.
    (Leedslover 1/1/17)

4. parnee-uk

parnee-uk Active Member

What a bunch of ****ers if they have reneged on Bartley. He's one we should be signing up as he's been class so far this season. Not our fault their defence is crap.

Morning all by the way.

Be good if Taylor does stay but like you say Matt 15 mill might be worth biting at if it gets reinvested, but knowing our history it will just go into someone's back pocket so we'd be better off keeping the player.

Come on Leeds today let's have a few goals, we usually struggle with games like this so let's put them to the sword. 1st match of 2017 think this could be our season if things continue like they started.

5. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all..

Bartley - Part of the gamble with how we seem to like to do things. I understand why we try before you buy but if it's not in writing someone hasn't done their job properly. It would be good to sign him on a permanent deal but if we don't I won't care too much if we get promoted and if Swansea go down I could see him kicking up such a **** storm it wouldn't matter.

O'Rourke - Has he ever got anything apart from the obvious right? If Taylor doesn't sign a new contract we should all be banned from repeating anything he ever says again, he is worse than the Daily Mail and Mirror put together.

Giroud - World class team goal, the build up was clinical.

Marcos Barber likes this.
  6. leedsrevolution

leedsrevolution Well-Known Member

I personally don't think we will sign Bartley or Sacko in January. We will focus are efforts on Hernandez / Pontus / Taylor and a couple of new loans in.

Whitejock likes this.
  7. Chippy / Glory

I think Pontus will go back to the prem...... Sorry but thats what i see happening.

8. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Rev. How many loanee are we allowed?Suppose if we sign Hernandez and Jansson as expected, we could get two more...

9. ellandback

Forum Moderator

That's not what Simon O'Rourke says

10. ellandback

Forum Moderator

You think Pontus will GO BACK TO THE PREM?

When was he ever in the Prem?

Whitejock and Eireleeds1 like this.

11. Chippy / Glory

#cunnyfunt
    You know what i meant.....

12. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

Gentlemens agreement in football ?.Uncle Ken will smile at that one.

13. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Morning all. Hope Taylor signs. Also hope we sort out the Bartley deal along with deals for Jansson, Sackho & Hernandez. All in all, we are in so much of a better position than we've been for years. That said, we really need to get today's game won as early as possible so that Monk can get subs on as early as possible to make use of the whole 14 man match squad

14. Chippy / Glory

Why get subs on early....We have a whole week before we put our second team out in the cup. And 11 days before the first team take on derby on Friday 13th.... Our first choices are just about in the play off spots, start dicking about and rotating and we will go down faster than a decent hooker.

15. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

With how Pontus talks about Leeds I really do think he wants to stay and the club obviously want him to stay. We also have that agreement in writing i believe. Can't remember the last time someone has seemed so happy at a club

16. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Firstly Girouds goal was a fluke and a copy of Knockherts goal for Leicester in 2012, no difference in goal even in off the bar. Fluke so not a great goal. Yeboahs goals were probably the best ever, including the Italian nutter when he was at WHU volley from the wing or Bergamps ok strike.

Loans in and out will be a problem for us if not handled properly, like the Martin business at Fulham. Bartley and his management team need to grab hold of things and dictate what happens to his career. Taylor would be a fool to leave, espesh now. We need to get rid of players off the wage bill and sell if we can as we need 6 month loan deals for 3 quality prem players to make the difference.

O'Rourke does have some business contacts with faces in and around the club so does get things correct more than not. However I feel he isnt at the races regarding the new top table at ER so Chinese and Raddrizani potential deals have either not happened, never happened, stalled, broken down or done but not made public yet. That covers all bases and easy for someone ITK to guess. Speculation by everyone including me a few months ago when Cellino paid all debtors and secured 100% ownership, Local and National media all got it wrong as well as O'Rourke and co. Cellino has all us us bolloxed and bet he is laughing his cock off. What will be will be

17. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Steve Evans ;)

18. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

We won't put a 2nd string out in the cup. We will rest a couple, but put out most of the first team. It's the FA Cup & it deserves a bit of respect. More to the point, if we put out a 2nd string, we could be made to look very stupid. I'm not talking about rotating, it's about keeping the squad as fit as possible by giving 14 players as much game time as is practical

19. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Stop getting you're knickers in a twist re transfers. Whatever happens, we will be stronger by Feb 1st, Monk will ensure that. Play nice this morning as there may be a few extra on lookers from twitterville

BoggersMOT likes this.
  20. Chippy / Glory

If you are on twitter you are a ****.... End of discussion.