1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Dec 30, 2016.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone,

Leeds came within four minutes of adding another another scalp to their collection, and then this happened!

please log in to view this image

Thoughts?

There are a lot of people on social media that say he was pushed! Funny place to have your hand, if you are pushed!

We rattled the woodwork twice, and to be honest, apart from the suicidal back pass from Phillips, Villa never looked like scoring until the last minute when Green pulled off an amazing save.

Is Phillips better than Viera?

When O'Kane is fit again, will he take Phillips slot now that Bridcutt is fit again?

Is Green starting to impress you?

Should Wood have started?

Listening to talk sports after the game, I heard Villa fans say that Leeds were the toughest opposition they had played this season.

Thoughts?

2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all, I thought we played really well and on another day we would have had 4 points (Edit meant 3). Roofe missed a couple of chances which I believe Wood might have put away.

If fit I have Zero doubt Wood will start next game at the expense of Roofe, I have a feeling Hernandez might start as well at the expense of Dallas.

No doubt about it, the players coming in to cover injuries have done well, the stand out player taking his opportunity for me has been Doukara but we are a better team with O'Kane and Wood starting and With Doukara somewhere in the mix.

Things like set pieces, Jansson, Doukara, Bartley, Wood.... it must be a nightmare marking them.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  3. lifecheshirewhite

4 points ristac ? Now that would be favouritism.

ristac likes this.
  4. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

Eh?

5. lifecheshirewhite

As usual you and Glory,try to get on the ship after its already sailed.

2020VisionofLeeds likes this.
  6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Wood will start soon, but Greene is top drawer and although like all keepers he will deop a clanger, he was Englands number 1 until a clanger and then a bad leg break. He needs respect not ridicule and is showing just how goood he is.

A breat season so far and hoping for 2 top signatures to really allow us to go for it. Monk is inspiring and the squad works well whoever gets in the team. Lets hope we say bye bye to Murphy, Mowatt etc

7. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well we deserved 4 ;)

Too early, meant three sorry lol

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  8. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Hands up time for me. A year ago I just could not see a player in Doukara (apart from the Wolves game when he looked like a different person). Still not certain he will be a definite starter every week but you are right he has laid a claim.

Personal hunch is this is probably down to Beattie. Doukara looks like is is learning how to channel his pace and power in a controlled way and is much better for it.

davy, Eireleeds1 and ristac like this.
  9. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Given all the talk about how Mink has improved players, I wonder does that make him a genius or have all our recent coaches been rubbish. Bit of both maybe. Anyway roll on Monday when we'll hopefully return to top six if we do drop out temporarily

10. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think certain players react better to certain coaches, just a tweak here or there and an adjustment to their game that makes all the difference.

Evans brought a better side out of Doukara too but then we had the biting incident and it set him back. Evans also managed to get Diacouraga firing on all cylinders, at the start of the season I could not understand why he wasn't given more of a chance, then we signed O'Kane and saw what Phillips and Vieira had to offer when deputising...

I don't know what changed this season with Cellino but to allow Monk to have Clotet and Beattie alongside him was a miracle and then to back him in the transfer market like he did, well that's pretty remarkable considering previous years.

All things considered, new faces settling in for starters we have exceeded my expectations by a country mile so far.

I'm first to slam Cellino and I still don't trust him but hats off to him this season, our success so far is an effort from top down to bottom.

11. Eireleeds1

And as we're into second half of season, it's clear non of the success has been a fluke and a great chance remainder of season will be more of same. Son in law, the villa fan was hugely impressed with us last night

12. leedsrevolution

leedsrevolution Well-Known Member

Phillips was god awful the first half then absolutely brilliant the second half. His off the ball work though seems to go a miss by some of or fans. I think Vieira is a better prospect but Phillips is the better player currently.

Marcos Barber and ellandback like this.
  13. 2020VisionofLeeds

check the times you complete nob ;)

14. 2020VisionofLeeds

On the handball, I'd never trust a player with that amount of tattooing to be any good

Marcos Barber likes this.
  15. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I know all the talk is of who we can bring in to push on but I will seriously feel sorry for the person who has to drop to the bench.

We're not going to have £10m+ to replace Wood so any striker will be a bench warmer and we already have Roofe, Doukara and Antonsson who are more than adequate cover.

Dallas/Roofe/Doukara wide left, assuming it's O'Kane and Bridcutt for the middle then Phillips and Vieria need all the experience they can get to develop their game, I wouldn't want them dropped from being first reserve.

Sacko has pace, he scares the hell out of the opposition, if we could get someone with equal pace but able to pass and cross better yes, but how much would that cost, defence speaks for itself, again only a bench warmer.

My only concern due to age and injury proneness is Hernandez. At the moment our blend and team spirit is spot on, I just hope if we sign anyone it doesn't unbalance or unsettle what we have going on.

Eireleeds1 and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  16. lifecheshirewhite

Checked it,it said you were last.lol

17. Eireleeds1

I don't think Monk would make the mistake of signing someone who might unsettle things anyway but even as we are, we may have enough to make it to the playoff lottery. It'd take a good side to beat ours at Wembley

18. LeeUtd

LeeUtd Well-Known Member

Anyone remember what players we have sent out on loan that may be back in January or sold on? Wondering what we might have squad wise and transfer budget wise with Pablo Hernández and Pontus Jansson close to finishing loans / appearances. WithTaylor possibly going too.

19. leedsrevolution

leedsrevolution Well-Known Member

Big Dave and Luke Murphy should be leaving. I think we still own Bellusci. Hopefully we move on Silvestri as well.

20. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

what a superb performance again, this team is really looking like promotion contenders .. it was strange to come away from Villa Park feeling disappointed at ONLY getting a point .. Cooper was excellent alongside Jansson, and as Monk said it was an honest mistake for the pen .. Ayling continues to shine, and it's clear he absolutely loves wearing the Leeds shirt .. Pablo brought things together when he came on, and he was outstanding at linking play and creating space, he must surely start against Rotherham along with Wood .. Green, just brilliant

Jansson hits 20 games on Monday, and he wants to sign, will cost a hefty £3.5m but it is a must do deal .. with Pablo signing as well because his loan runs out now, our transfer budget is going to take a hit, so it depend on how much additional funds Cellino wants to pump in .. we all have high hopes that at least two quality players will come in January, but a lot will depend on Cellino and his long term thinking .. bottom line is the club is in a fantastic position to push for promotion, and Cellino may never get another chance to unlock the Prem riches

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whitejock, OLOF, Farsleyexile and 2 others like this.