1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Dec 16, 2015.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone,

Steve Evans has been quoted as saying "Cellino has no influence in the dressing room. I'd walk if he did."

"If I’m not picking team then Cellino would need to find new head coach. I’m happy to say that publicly because I’ve said it to him”

Thoughts?

Bamba is fit for Wolves away. Should he go straight back into the starting line up?

As you know Leeds have a family section, and I am sure many of you have taken you kids, grandchildren, nephews and nieces to watch the once mighty Leeds Utd.

At what age should they be allowed to go to a game

a) Supervised

b) Non supervised

2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all, I wonder what our stats are with Bamba in the team compared to Bamba not playing? I think any 2 from 3 are adequate, I don't cringe at their inclusion like I do when I see Mowatts name down.

There is far too much smoke and history to even suggest Cellino has no influence on either tactics, formation or selection. A difference between actually selecting the team and just showing disapproval even with a look or attitude at half time. Maybe making preferences known at a meeting or discussing over dinner.

"I sacked the last guy who insisted on.............. When we kept getting outplayed"

Who knows for sure, none of us really do one way or another. Ex coaches have hinted at this kind of thing and it is put down to sour grapes.

Kids at games, as soon as they want to go and show an interest, do they happily sit and watch 90 minutes on the TV without getting bored?

Unsupervised a hard one, they mature at different ages, I guess it also depends on the opposition.

patb likes this.
  3. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Hope Cellino has no influence but who knows. As owner, hes free to roam around anywhere he wants but hope he leaves people to get on with their jobs. However I know many business owners personally who struggle to do exactly that

4. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Morning all. Can anyone remember how long Turnbull is supposed to be out for? I was an advocate of him replacing Silvestri before injury.

Ive been taking my god daughter since she was seven. I think thats about the right age. Any younger and I think you would struggle to hold their attention for 90 minutes.

5. RCDM

RCDM Well-Known Member

I took my nephew at about 7 on a cold Tuesday night. I'm not sure there's any point taking any kids below the age of 5 or 6 at youngest.

Unsupervised, depends on opposition. Think i started going with some mates about 14, although my parents didn't know.

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  6. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning ristac,

I like the way that Evans has at least come out and said that if Cellino picked the team, he would have to find another head coach. I think that a lot of Managers in the last few years have tiptoed around Cellino, so not to upset him. This has led to Cellino losing respect for them, then taking advantage thinking they were a soft touch. At that point the Manager would start to fight back, by which time its too late and they fall out.

7. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

I think Steve Evans is a pragmatist. What he says publicly is PR.

If you accept the story that Cellino was in the dressing room at half time on Saturday, you know it wasn't just to hand out the oranges.

8. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Eire, As you said many business owners can't let go. Cellino seems to fall into that category. Though when Pearson was around he seemed to back off. Perhaps Pearson knew how to manage Cellino?

Farsleyexile likes this.
  9. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

Morning to all.

Evans is a dead man walking, IF he did say that to Cellino.

7/8 yrs old supervised.

Unsupervised is a tough one!! i know i used to go with a mate when we were at junior school, parents thought we had gone to pictures in Morley, we jumped the LCT that dropped you off at the ground, if they had known i would of been leathered.

Farsleyexile and bucks_is_leeds like this.
  10. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Hamase, Turnbull broke his ankle mid October, so plaster for 2 months, and another month to regain fitness, so mid January, I'd say.

11. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning RCDM, the weather plays an important factor re suitability for a youngster. What about someone in front of you or behind you shouting obscenities at the players. Do you try to ignore it, or has anyone ever said anything?

12. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Milky, he was definitely there. Perhaps he just wanted to show his support for the team?

13. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Heard on talk sport this morning that if Abromovich gets rid of Mourinho, it would cost him 40m!!!

14. LeedsinYork

LeedsinYork Well-Known Member

Phil Hay has already said he's heard from many sources that Cellino said sweet FA, its only the doom and gloomers and Cellino haters as usual spouting **** they know nothing about.

15. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Expect them to turn against Phil Hat next <whistle><doh>

16. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Morning all <ok>

Are we on TV tomorrow?

17. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If anyone believes he went in the dressing room at half time and sat motionless and without expression then I don't really know what to say.

IF he went into the dressing room it undermines the coach no matter how it is dressed up. Nobody knows the truth apart from those in the dressing room <ok>

18. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yes mate

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  19. bucks_is_leeds

Forum Moderator

Wolves on a terrible run at home at the moment, we got to capitalise on this and not be the team that breaks that!

I'd also like to see a bit more of Botaka, start him ahead of Mowatt and hope Byram gets a start (cant see Wotton being dropped though!)

Farsleyexile likes this.
  20. bucks_is_leeds

Forum Moderator

I agree. He has no place there what so ever. Cant see how it can help and lets face it Hay usually gets its right.