1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Breakfast Debate / Luton Town v Leeds Utd

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Aug 22, 2016.

?

SCORELINE:Luton Town v Leeds Utd

1. 0-0

6.3%
  2. 1-1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 2-2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 3-3 or higher

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Luton by 1

6.3%
  6. Leeds by 1

31.3%
  7. Luton by 2

18.8%
  8. Leeds by 2

37.5%
  9. Luton by 3 or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Leeds by 3 or more

25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone,

I bet not many of us were expecting to beat the Wendies at Hillsborough, let alone by two goals but there you have it...

Was it a freak result or is Garry Monk starting to work his magic?

I know it's early doors, but who would you rate our transfer activity season to date?

Here at the extended highlights....

We can expect players to depart our squad this weeks, but who would you get rid of?

Do we still need to bring more players in, if so what position(s)

For you Cellino bashers out there, are you starting to warm to him?

What team do we put out to play Luton tomorrow?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    LeedsLover, Whitejock and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning Elland and all. Yes I'm beginning to warm to Cellino <ok> how vital will the Woods goal against Fulham prove to be. May have been the moment to kick start the season

3. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Eire, me too <yikes>. Wood still blows too hot and cold for me...

4. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Ipswich manager Mick McCarthy on fans who criticise him. These quotes...

please log in to view this image

Farsleyexile and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  5. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Those of us who are a bit older, do you remember Luton's plastic pitch....

6. lifecheshirewhite

Remember Oldham's could we fook play on it.Morning All by the way.

Chippy / Glory likes this.
  7. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all...

Just a mini rant to get off my chest...

If you're going to attack each other on here, if you have something to say that may offend go for it, I have done it myself but be balls enough to stand by it and stop crawling out of it when the heat is turned up by claiming "you were fishing". Is it just me being miserable? I'm getting so bored of the "fishing" excuse... Not aimed at anyone in particular, if the hat fits wear it...

Rant over....

Great win, performances seem to be improving but I will never warm to Cellino, he is always a week or a day away from spoiling it but no complaints so far this season, he has invested in the squad and listened to the coach. I don't doubt he means well, he just has an ego that gets in the way.

8. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Chesh

9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Fantastic result and performance
    We will never know what goes on behind the scenes with Cellino and we can speculate all we want, but I teally believe hes not an idiot and wants the best because he makes more money that way
    We need a new striker and top midfielder and defender as I think Taylor may be gone before the window slams
    Wood needs more chances per goal than Beckford and he needed 4.3 chances but could create too. I like Wood but hes frustrating and to get promotion you need to hit the net. Wood will have the most woodwork hits in the league

LeedsLover and BillysStatue like this.
  10. LeedsinYork

LeedsinYork Well-Known Member

Morning all from a wet, miserable York.( Can't wait to get back to the sunshine! ) plain to see the team is improving. I like how Monk explained his tactics of using the wings and not going through midfield and the fact the lads followed his game plan. Hope he is given the time and resources he needs as I think he's a great fit for us.
    As for Cellino, I could never warm to him. He is to unpredictable and treats people like ****. I don't deny he sorted the club from the **** state GFH got us into but we need an owner with a bit of sanity and money to take us to the next level. I doubt Cellino will ever have the funds for that.
    I'm not quite sure what your rant is about Ristac mate but at least you've got it off your chest.

BillysStatue and ristac like this.

11. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

The cap fits........
    I fish... Others fish for me.......

The only reason I am not currently fishing or biting is because I have other things more important going on.
    For the next week or so I will be otherwise occupied. Keep an eye on the general activity levels here without the fishing/ banter posts!

What confuses me is I am probably the biggest fisherman here and I have toned it down over the last fortnight (so why bring it up now)?

We are all happy on the back of Saturdays result, but if we were to lose a couple the fishing and general mickey taking are actually the things that bring relief to the board.

12. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Morning all <ok>

Irishshako likes this.
  13. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Cheers for the highlights, elland. Nice to see a Leeds side looking to attack the flanks... Only way to get the best out of a target man. Never been convinced by woods, but he gets in the right positions, and he's a confidence player. His goal was an excellent strikers finish, so hopefully if the service keeps coming he'll take enough of the chances to win us a few games.

Bridcutt is key for me. Not just what he does in terms of breaking up play and tidying up... But how he organises. Even when he doesn't play well himself the team looks better with him in it.

14. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It actually wasn't aimed at you but as you asked.... I personally don't enjoy trawling through the 'banter' threads, but many do, I accept that and I probably miss a few decent posts because of it, however, I wasn't referring to 'banter'.

Mickey taking - again not my thing, I believe it goes too far and my personal opinion is that doing it behind a facial expression has got a few people (yourself included) into trouble but... If you and others enjoy it who am I to judge and again, my mini rant was nothing to do with Mickey taking.

Fishing... Two most recent but there are plenty more... Billy made a thread attacking you, a couple of people (mod included) pulled him up and he claimed it was 'fishing'. He later apologised and I thought that was good of him, I know you have sorted it between PM so let's leave it at that.

LeedsLover makes in my opinion, the most outrageous match report I have ever seen, then pulls out the 'fishing' card.

Why now after a good weekend, because I wanted to <ok>

Whitejock and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  15. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Meant to add, by way of example for bridcutt... Look at the little cushioned layoff he played to vieira in the build up to the second goal... Most played would have hoofed it clear or taken a couple of touches and slowed the game down.

16. Chippy / Glory

Now I see it.
    The complaint is not about fishing in general but related to someone who was kicked from another board (or chased off) that is for some bizzare reason posting lies as truth and citing fishing when pulled. Interestingly enough they seem to be going after me in a big way. I wouldn't mind that but I fish for friends and they fish for me. This bloke for whatever reason thinks he is better than me and IMO most of us I wont ever warm to him.

Paul Hopkins is right!

Marcos Barber and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  17. Chippy / Glory

BS made an excellent cast and made some valid points at the same time, in fact he did me up like a kipper.
    The apology wasn't so much about what was said (difficult to argue with most of it) it was more about timing (lets leave it at that).
    The mods were not involved as far as I know.

Sorry you don't like the banter (although you have been known to dish it out sometimes). Being a Leeds supporter is stressful and sometimes its good to have a distraction.

:emoticon-0150-hands

OLOF likes this.
  18. Chippy / Glory

Is it pub O'clock on Friday already?

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  19. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I didn't see it that way, yes he made some valid points and some not valid in the slightest. I don't have a problem with his post as it's his opinion but to back track with the Fishing card was unsavoury. Mod comment #9 (reference to me saying pulled up).

No need to apologise about the banter, I believe I am in the minority, yes I dish it out sometimes but if anyone sees it as banter their wrong, I actually mean it ;) <ok>

Chippy / Glory likes this.
  20. Chippy / Glory

Billy is one of us.
    Goes to games, knows we play in white and could find Elland Road without a Sat Nav.
    The other bloke is just a plastic twat.

LeedsinYork likes this.