1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread The Breakfast Debate / Birmingham v Leeds Utd Match thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Mar 1, 2017.

?

SCORELINE:Birmingham City v Leeds Utd

Poll closed Mar 3, 2017.
  1. 0-0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1-1

7.7%
  3. 2-2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 3-3 or higher

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Birmingham by 1

7.7%
  6. Leeds by 1

46.2%
  7. Birmingham by 2

15.4%
  8. Leeds by 2

23.1%
  9. Birmingham by 3 or more

7.7%
  10. Leeds by 3 or more

7.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Birmingham City v Leeds Utd
    Friday 3rd [email protected]
    Streaming links to follow

Good Morning Everyone,
    Leeds travel down to the Midlands on Friday evening to face an inconsistent Birmingham City.

The Blues started February brightly with a home win against Fulham, but defeats against the Wendies, Preston and a 4-1 home drubbing against QPR have piled the pressure on their Manager Gianfranco Zola.

Birmingham sit in 14th place after an impressive away victory at the Molyneux last Friday.

Garry Monk will have to sit this one out as he serves a one match ban due to his antics at Huddersfield earlier this month.

This will mean that Pep Clotet and James Beattie will be marshalling the game from the touchline.

Thoughts?

For the first time in a long time Leeds will have the option to use Charlie Taylor, who is battling to be fit, though if I'm honest, would only expect him to make the bench, and get involved gradually.

It looks like Brighton are having their annual meltdown. The Seagulls were coasting against an out of form Newcastle side courtesy of another penalty, only to concede two late goals.

If Huddersfield win their game in hand, they will only be 3 points (and a worse goal difference away).

Leeds remain 10 points away from Brighton.

ristac likes this.
  2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Is it my imagination or are weeks going by quicker as season progresses. A win at Birmingham would be huge and virtually seal our playoff place. As for Taylor, not convinced he'll play a huge part in the rest of the season but not bothered given the form of Beradi. Off out now to climb some ladders

hemase likes this.
  3. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Can't see us catching the top two. Not impossible, but IMO unlikely. TBH I'm not thinking of the clubs above us or even below us, just concentrating on the Mighty Whites picking up 3 points in each game. The other results are out of our hands. Playoffs are there for us to lose. Don't know who I'd like to meet if and when we get a play off place. Anyway, there's a long way to go. <ok>

ristac and hemase like this.
  4. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Morning all,

I do not think Monk being in the stands will make that much of a difference as I believe his success is a lot down to the coaching team as a whole working very well together so Clotet and Beattie will more than handle the job.

Taylor should be brought back gradually to make sure he can then stay fit for the rest of the season. We are coming to the point where we will be losing defenders due to suspensions but with Taylor back we have ample, if not ideal obviously, combinations for a back four-

Taylor, Jannson, Bartley/Cooper, Ayling

Taylor, Ayling, Bartley/Cooper, Berardi/Coyle

Berardi, Jannson, Ayling, Coyle

Taylor Cooper, Bartley, Berardi

Personally I like Coyle and would be more than happy if he was needed to fill in at right back at some point. I also do not mind Cooper as one off here or there cover for the two first choice guys. The above does not include Denton who I again rate as an adequate cover for a game here or there.

Farsleyexile likes this.
  5. Irishshako

Morning Eire. Agree with you regarding season going quickly. In recent seasons we'd be counting down till the end of season because normally we'd have bollocks up before or just after christmas. I think we can beat Birmingham, 1 nil will do for me. On a serious note just seen that the Wallies are in a play off position.......<yikes>

6. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Eire, 12 games and counting, then let's pray for an extra 5 games assuming the play offs are home and away.

You be careful on the ladder!!!

7. Irishshako

He is perving on the poor women of West Meath.:wink:

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  8. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Shaks, 12 games left, can't see us messing it up tho

9. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Right chaps I am gonna share a dilemma with you for your wise and obviously unbiased advice.

During a conversation with my mother a few weeks back she asked me if I would go on a family holiday. My sisters and their kids plus my brother and his wife and kid are all going for a week in Cornwall. Since this would be the first time all siblings and my nephews and nieces would be on holiday together I agreed.
    I have since found out I was asked as my brother doesnt want to drive that far, about six hours from where we live.

She informed me this weekend that it was all booked and she was paying for us all to go. Very nice I thought. She also told me the date we are going- May 29th, playoff final day.

So heres the dilemma- how do I tell her Im going Wembley that day with the mighty Leeds? Do I wait and see if we get autos, longish shot I know, or wait to see if we get to the final? Will that be too late?

Cue the predictable unfunny attempt at wumming by our resident Leeds obsessed Wallies.

10. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Hamase, could be wrong but think Coyle is injured again, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

11. Irishshako

Not sure regarding Taylor, IMO he'll be going in the summer. Would love to get promoted and still sell him, maybe that would be cutting our nose off, but I feel the whole situation stinks. :(

12. Irishshako

<wah> bookmarked...........you jinx<doh>

ellandback likes this.
  13. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Blimey, sods law of what!!!

14. Irishshako

**** the holiday. Do what I did before and booked hotel and flight, we didn't make the play off final in the end, but got the flights cheap so it was worth the gamble. Although nice gesture from your mother......<ok>

Paul Hopkins and hemase like this.
  15. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all...

I see Southampton are sniffing around Pontus

Berardi and Ayling have been immense, I wouldn't swap them for any other pairing in the Championship.

Hemase tell your mum she is welcome to book that date and everyone has two choices. You lose a day and go Sunday or your brother can drive and you'll meet up with them later.

If you meet up with them you could always travel over after the game.

Leeds in a final is rare, family moments are precious mate you just never know what tomorrow will bring <ok>

ellandback and hemase like this.
  16. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Yeah if we reach the final the holiday is cancelled for me. I suppose my real dilemma is how I tell the old dear. I'm 36 but still scared of the old dragon.

Irishshako likes this.
  17. Millwallsteve

Millwallsteve Waterloo's Finest
    Forum Moderator

You lay it on the line and expect us not to rip the arse out of you, really.............hang on a minute why don't you book your flights & hotels in advance as you can always cancel like last time. <whistle> <laugh>

18. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

Like plenty of others paddy.........<laugh>

19. Millwallsteve

Forum Moderator

<laugh>

It's only their 2nd home defeat all season and 5th defeat of the season, Toon were the better team on balance and Brighton visibly eased off once they went 1 up, yet they're in meltdown. <laugh>

20. Irishshako

:emoticon-0105-wink:
    IMO family holidays are a nightmare........:emoticon-0105-wink:

hemase and ristac like this.