1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The beginning of the End

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Delusional Full Stop, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Consett Mag

Consett Mag Well-Known Member

I think that the penny's dropped with Sky. Streams have affected their subscriptions a bit, but they've cottoned on that giving small clubs big money, who pull less than 20,000 fans into small stadiums aren't attracting them a bigger audience - it's actually losing them business. They want the likes of us (and forgive me, the likes of Villa) in the top league to sell their subscriptions to in large numbers.

So the next Sky deal will have this model in mind. Qatar are flexing their financial muscle to help with their other tournament purchase - and it looks sickening.

2. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Just seen this on twitter:

3. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Sheer stupidity

4. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Yep, that's what I posted as I'd heard it from a number of people. It IS stupid, but it's a different kind of stupid. It's UEFA, FIFA, the FA for letting this stuff get away from them so easily. They're wobble-chinned prats standing in the corner whimpering whilst the slick haired moneymen do whatever the hell they want. How is it possible Neymar's dad-agent can pocket £23m for doing nothing?! The PL spent, what was it, £150m on agents fees? What the hell?!?

For as long as I can remember on forums fans have been posting varying degrees of disgust with Football Associations and a lack of grip on the game, the need to grow a pair and DO something, but they've simpered, pandered and flapped around and - lo and behold - it's all too late.

5. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

Although I wouldn't want to wishit wouldn't it be funny if neymar breaks a leg or something first game after paying all that money.

I can't see it getting any worse to be honest. I think this transfer won't be broken in terms of price. I think it might prompt another FIFA change to try and level things out.

6. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

If it goes through they will have to look at it again, sounds a particularly shady deal if he is being paid an obscene amount for something "totally unrelated" but is then using the monies from that deal to force through a transfer...

7. Nolberto's Salsa Inferno

Nolberto's Salsa Inferno Well-Known Member

Not sure about their transfer policy ..but PSG could have bought 2 DUP MP's for that price

8. pauljohnhutch

pauljohnhutch Well-Known Member

Or given quite a few students there fees back

9. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

So - not content with Neymar, Paris St-Germain are apparently close to signing France and Monaco forward Kylian Mbappe, for £163m and already have a deal in place for team-mate Fabinho, at around £45m

How is this even possible given the supposed FFP rules - oh wait, yeah - EUFA and FIFA..............

10. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

They will just sell their third choice keeper to Al Ahli for £300m, job done.

11. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Bogus sponsor deals mate, there'll always be a way around the rules. Never liked to be one to moan on this stuff, it makes me feel old, but the amounts right now are actually sickening. Solve a third world countries problems in a second for one Neymar

Judge Death likes this.
  12. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

Like most things in the modern world, football has become obscene in it's wealth.

There are good arguments to suggest that the quality of the football will improve over time, as more and more people flock towards football because of the riches available.

Although not on the same level, things like the housing market are horrifically over-priced. It costs less than ten grand for the materials to build a 3 bedroom house, yet they are sold to us for hundreds of thousands.
    Everyone wants their cut and when big sums are involved, that's when 'sharks' appear.

I don't ever envisage football's bubble bursting, it will just keep getting bigger until it reaches saturation point. If that's even possible.

Supply and demand dictates most things and the football madness will only increase for the foreseeable future.