1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Aussie Open

Discussion in 'Tennis' started by WestCountrylalala, Jan 5, 2014.

1. WestCountrylalala

WestCountrylalala Active Member
    Forum Moderator

The Djok is a great player but he is inconsistant. I still can't see anyone beating Nadal.

What's wrong with Nadal Sterio???

2. The Raging Oxter

The Raging Oxter Well-Known Member

Oh well, my tip Federer and watch him lose ploy didn't come to fruition :emoticon-0120-doh:

Money's now on the torn-faced Nadal.

3. robertmorrell74@hotmail.com

Roger deserved to win as he was the better player on the day. Andy didn't give up and almost took it the distance but to be fair, we weren't sure how Andy would fare after the back surgery. Andy needs to dust himself down, maybe take a short break, then start again at Indian Wells. Andy still can defend his title at Wimbledon and win the US Open. Whether this was just a hot day for Roger or if it's a return to his prime form I'm not sure. I would like to see Roger win it but think Rafa will win the title.

4. The Raging Oxter

The Raging Oxter Well-Known Member

Well done Wawrinka! Didn't manage to see the final as I was out pounding the streets this morning but it's always good to have an upset occasionally.

Makes predicting winners for the rest of the slams that bit more difficult too.

5. WestCountrylalala

WestCountrylalala Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Yes, it was a bit of a strange match. I think Wawrinka took Nadal a little by surprise when he started so strong. Nadal had an obvious physical problem and strangely Wawrinka didn't seem that excited about winning the title...very subdued celebrations.

Congratulations Stan Wawrinka!