1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The 1881 Movement Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Deleted 1, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We've had threads praising the manager, players and owners so here's one for our wonderful 12th player.

I honestly think they have transformed the atmosphere at the ground and greatly improved the match day experience. It really was a big risk when it was established as building an atmosphere is not really easy and it can appear manufactured. They've done a great job and it has spread round the ground. The away support has also been phenomenal.

Although they are the focal point and provide the noise that should not take away from the rest of the Vicarage Road faithful - it's been a long time since I went regularly and it's been just like renewing acquaintance with an old friend.

Watford FC - the team for me.

Markthehorn likes this.
  2. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Agree with you Dan -shame our ex Mod Dan is not around now as I think he has played a big part in1881

3. Bloother

Bloother Well-Known Member

Totally agree. I see Dan rushing about supervising the banners etc. and the 1881 are yet another success story this season.

4. wear_yellow

wear_yellow Well-Known Member

Absolutely, I initially had my doubts as I was concerned about a manufactured atmosphere, but more than happy with the result. Their contribution has been massive and it's effect has spread throughout the ground.

On a related point, I had my ST renewal confirmation last week and I had another email from the club. It was sent to all ST holders in the blocks nearest the 1881 section and offered to allow us a seat move if we did not like the increased amount of standing in those blocks. It's no problem for us, so will not be moving.

5. Deleted 1

Forum Moderator

Blimey - at this rate we'll have to do an appreciation thread for the PR department!

6. bring-back-tamas

The transformation has been astonishing; from one off the most timid atmospheres in the division, to one of the best. On top of that, multiple sets of opposition fans have named our away support as the best they've seen all season.

Long may it continue in the BPL!!

7. Golden Gordon

Golden Gordon Well-Known Member

Glad it's worked- well done to them.

8. vic-rijrode

vic-rijrode Well-Known Member

The BPL?

9. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

The cap is rather well feathered. I reckon the efforts of the 1881 has been very much noticed by our owners. What with the dirge that was the play-off final at Wembley against a very well organised set of supporters we have rallied beyond expectation. I also wonder if seeing Dortmund at Wembley also added a realisation of what could be achieved.
    When I see the Rookery pre-match it gives me goosebumps.
    We need to finish the job properly on Saturday: let's sing the boys home - all of us!

10. Raphael

Raphael Active Member

Watford, Bournemouth and Brentford - that would be a big poke in th eye for BIG clubs :)

11. A1 Horn

A1 Horn Well-Known Member

Still got that mental image of the Palace fans in black behind the goal at Wembley and the organised noise that generated from them. We can at least move on from that day now. Well done to the 1881-we can all join in on Saturday and create an amazing atmosphere to sing the boys on and get that trophy.

12. wear_yellow

wear_yellow Well-Known Member

Same with me A1 Horn, it's my biggest memory of that day..I'm glad we have been able to react positively and make our own changes

13. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Like others I was not sure about what could be achieved, but the result has been fantastic, probably helped because it has been a successful season with plenty to cheer about on the pitch. I believe that there will be another foil display across the whole Rookery stand this Saturday and something may happen around the rest of the ground. Well done to all, a lot of hard work has gone into this.

14. HHTFC1

HHTFC1 Well-Known Member

So is there anywhere that the lyrics to the songs etc are posted. My 10 year old wants to learn them (with the naughty bits edited out of course). Maybe a website could be created for these if one doesn't exist already

15. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

They have a website under construction - http://www.the1881.com/

Or try their Facebook page - The 1881. It's a closed group but you can request to join.

16. Golden Gordon

Golden Gordon Well-Known Member

Will keep an eye out for that. As an enforced absentee I long to know the latest songs, which can be vaguely heard on the radio or TV but not deciphered.

17. wishbone

wishbone New Member

Hi all just wish to add my congrats to all involved with the 1881, watching them in action over at the wolves away game, and then with some old timers in Dublin for the brighton game, made me quite proud to be a Watford fan.
    may the force be with you all .ps lets finish the job and win the championship for Nick anyway enjoy the party !!!

oldfrenchhorn and Deleted 1 like this.
  18. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Welcome to the forum wishbone. Always pleased to see new people contributing. <ok>

Deleted 1 likes this.
  19. wishbone

wishbone New Member

Many thanks, looking forward to mixing it with the so called big~boys ,much better options now than when God & Aidy got to the promised land !
    going to be an interesting summer !

Hornette_TID likes this.
  20. Deleted 1

Forum Moderator

It sure will Wishbone - welcome aboard <cheers>