1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

That's Entertainment......Not!

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0103-cool: Hi folks, Masky here..."..just happened to come across a track by The Beach Boys recently.... Heroes And Villians.....and thought about the pure entertainment that was put into that complex track....up there with Good Vibrations IMO! The whole emphasis was based on, how good can we make this sound for the listener....successfully too. Granted they were probably paid handsomely for their efforts and can look back with pride.

Conversely, the highly paid bunch of players who represented Cardiff City on Saturday, were not entertainers, were not committed to giving their all. I well remember Robbie Savage saying recently that football players today are ambivalent, not aware what it costs their fans to visit games....they are so out of touch....like politicians!

Sitting down watching a pile of twaddle, knowing full well before the game that we were unlikely to score more that s goal if any at all....froze my bollocks off....can't blame Neil Warnock, he is without the players. They.were paid handsomely and returned home to their luxury, the fans went home in their disappointment ....again.

Whatever happened to Tans shoot on sight policy....that was to be a soon forgotten piece of ****e eh pals?

I could go on, but Doris is trying to thaw out my little Archie just now, must go.....

<party><party><party>

2. william5551

william5551 Well-Known Member

Masky,I agree with everything you said,but im afraid it comes down to the players are just not good enough,we now have a good manager, and I hope ,no I pray that our owner (bless him) will give our manager a nice new years present,in other words money to (buy) not loan players with a lot more ambition than the lot we have at the moment.The nuclious of the team is there with Bamba,harris,Lambert ,Morrison,peltier,gunner, the rest im afraid are surplus to requirement.

3. william5551

william5551 Well-Known Member

Sorry I forgot Hoilett

4. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Masky - I wont argue with you about the quality of football on Saturday, but can't agree with you about the players not being committed.

I doubt you'll get a more committed pair of centrebacks than Morrison and Bamba. Peltier has shown as much grunt as any right back in this division since Warnock arrived and Gunnar has been transformed. You could argue the case against laid back Mr. Whittingham in his style of play, but under that exterior facade he's truly passionate about his game.

I'm pretty sure the rest are trying as well but we lack one major factor - sheer quality on the ball in front of the back 4. We do not possess in the squad genuine game changers who operate on a different level to your average Championship player. These are thin on the ground at this level and it'll take real money to both purchase and attract them to the club.

The best we can hope for at the moment is for Warnock to organise what we've got into an effective hard to beat unit that will not give in when playing the classier outfits in this division and get the right results against teams we should be able to compete with instead of rolling over for the likes of Preston and Burton.

I agree it's painful to watch sometimes and often feels not worth the effort - but then again when did that stop us in the past?

5. isawronnymoorescore

isawronnymoorescore Well-Known Member

Its still miles better that what either Slade or Trollope could serve up. It will change and it will be soon. KTF.

Blue Sheep and whiffletree like this.
  6. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

City have scored by my reckoning only 1 second half goal at home all season.

All I do in the 2nd halves from my seat by the 18 yard line adjacent to Canton end is look to my left.

It is dreary and dull as it has been since Dave Jones days. I just hope NW gets in some players with PACE in central midfield and a proper number 10.

7. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

To shoot on sight you have to be able to see the goal - and there lies the fundamental problem, as has been for the last 2/3 seasons.Our players are like a young lad on his first date, they can scent the prize but can't actually see it or get anywhere near it!!!!

Also, being honest those amongst the crowd who shout "Shoot" whenever someone gets within 25 yards of goal (rare I know) also do my head in. I'm sure the players would like to have a pop but when there are 2 or 3 defenders blocking your path, to take a shot is absolutely pointless. Deflected goals are the exception not the rule - unless playing us of course.<doh>

As an attacking force we are crap!!!!

Colin has to do the best with what he has. Unfortunately, his best are his defenders and his defensive midfielder and that is why we are as we are.

As others have said, we must hope he can attract the right players in January to help address this in-balance.