1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Thatcher dead!

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by ProjectVRD, Apr 8, 2013.

1. ProjectVRD

ProjectVRD Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

2. DayDoDoeDontDayDoe

DayDoDoeDontDayDoe Well-Known Member

Wont be missed by Merseyside and the North of England in general, the Miners , and the Working Classes

Looked after the wealthy didnt give a f**k about the poor

3. ProjectVRD

You can add all of Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland to the group that will not miss her. ;)

4. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Project, how dare you put up such a picture when I'm having difficulty in doing the same thing <wah>

Oh well this will have to do for now <party><party><party>

5. ProjectVRD

lol

untick the option to host it here ;)

6. Dilligaf

Dilligaf New Member

I reckon Aber will get pissed today :D

7. MabonJack

MabonJack New Member

The wicked witch is dead, i spent a 12 month out on strike fighting that evil t*@t, my only regret is that we have to wait another 30 years to find out what she really got up to in the name of the british people against the finest body of men to grace this island the National Union of Mineworkers of which i was a proud member, i will of course be celebrating her demise a great day for country.

8. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

****ing pathetic. Just ****ing pathetic. Are those the same miners that threw bricks off motorways and killed a taxi driver? I saw the aftermath of that. The guy had a concrete post through his chest. Two sides to everything.

This is a FOOTBALL forum ffs. Regardless of anyone's political views this person had a lasting imprint on our way of life for good or bad (I happen to think both) and what's more important had a family including grandchildren, who are now in mourning. I came on here suspecting the moron Aber to have posted some bile but not our own fans. Grow the **** up. This sort of rejoicing may be appropriate for the likes of Saddam or Mugabe when he goes but Thatcher was elected by the people of this country whether you lot like it or not. Truth is if the mealy mouthed politicos had half the foreign policy nous of Thatcher we wouldn't be cow-towing to Europe now.

Said my piece.

9. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

She was a very divisive person and you either loved or loathed her. There was no middle ground,and I loathed her with a vengeance.

10. MabonJack

MabonJack New Member

knackered people are still paying a high price for the mess she put this country in and i do not apologise for anything said above, the women was pure evil

11. ProjectVRD

Can't agree with you there. Her "imprint" as you put it is still affecting the country like you say, but not for the good. For a start she was the one who deregulated the banks and allowed them to take the risks for which this financial meltdown is suffering from, she was the one who sold off all those council houses and refused to build more meaning 1.9 million people are a council housing list which doesn't have houses for them, she is the reason why this country doesn't have a second national industry to take some of the slack during a recession.

Everything she did here in the UK was botched, and I hate when some people even go as far as saying she had guts to go to war with Argentina because that is rubbish as well, she sat in her chair the whole time and it was our boys who went out there! All Prime Ministers would have countered anyway, she was not special for doing that.

You are saying we should reserve this sort of rhetoric for Mugabe.... well, for a start Mugabe did not affect me nor my family. This evil cow did though.

12. MabonJack

MabonJack New Member

Project Argentina was for one reason and one reason only the tories would not have won in 1983 had it not been the falklands war and the "feel good" factor attached to that,

13. Kifflom!

I'm certainly not going to debate politics, though I suspect this is what visitors to this thread will do. Thatcher was divisive for sure and people on both sides will never agree. But you've missed the point.

I don't come on here at all these days but if I did it would be to talk about the Swans, not see this tripe which is offensive as it's revelling in the death of someone who was a democratically elected politician and who has family. I actually despise Tony Blair but would recognise his achievements as wll as his failures (Iraq, etc etc) and would never jump up and down with glee at his death. It's inappropriate though sadly not surprising. I'd like to say I thought our fans were better than that but I can't.

14. DayDoDoeDontDayDoe

DayDoDoeDontDayDoe Well-Known Member

15. MabonJack

MabonJack New Member

170,000 miners who fought for their livelyhoods , who had the full force of the state the armed forces, police state, MI5,M16 and all other apparatus connected to the british state, beaten up and jailed unlawfully by that bitch because we were considered an enemy of the state starved back to work , knackedered i lived it , not read it in the sun newspaper,

16. ProjectVRD

Offensive to who? You? I don't subscribe to such PC rubbish.

17. Kifflom!

It's called common decency. Look it up.

Mabon. You weren't the only one who lived through that. I was on there too. Literally. Again, you both miss the point. I find it sad when anyone dies, other than perhaps the worst terrorist aka Mugabe, Saddam, etc. Maybe that's just me.

18. MabonJack

MabonJack New Member

So you will understand my feelings regarding that woman, me and you have discussed many times my wish for Welsh independence, she is the reason why. the way we were treated convinced me that we would be better off on our own

19. Kifflom!

Whatever. Won't happen. Get over it. Wales is such a powerhouse of an economy, right? <doh> Subsidised to the hilt by the Southeast of England whether you like it or not. There I go debating politics when I said I wouldn't. <laugh>

The point is that this thread is inappropriate for this forum. Tasteless in the extreme and irrelevant. Just my opinion.

20. Rhysj1

Rhysj1 Member

I don't think I agree with you entirely there.
    I do in that some of it is slightly Tasteless, but I don't think it's inappropriate to talk about it here.
    Where else will you get a gathering of Welsh people, mainly, South Welsh, to talk about this sort of stuff.
    It's good to discuss. She was a massive political figure, and cost a lot of people....A lot.