1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

THANKS FOR ALEX McCARTHY

Discussion in 'Reading' started by lifecheshirewhite, Dec 10, 2011.

1. lifecheshirewhite

Great keeper too good for third choice though,Think he will leave you soon if he doesn't get some games.

2. Basingstoke Royal

His a fantastic keeper but how can you drop federci after his performances this season he has been sensational. I imagine a prem club will come in for feds and as mccarthery is our 2nd ( not 3rd) choice then he will play.

He is a quality keeper and i agree too good to be on the bench ... How did he play for you guys today i just got in from west ham haha

3. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Wow just wow! You have a keeper there lads. Made us a few points and that's not too shabby when you consider he is 3rd choice at your place and was an emergency loan signing. We saw the potential in the kid when you played against us, fair play we wish him all the best and i would give him a 9/10 overall. Only one mistake that cost us a goal but kept us in it so many times, including a penalty save today that enabled us to snatch a 1-1 draw with the last kick of the game. Nothing but good things to say about this lad <applause>

4. Basingstoke Royal

Whos gunna play in goal next week then lads?

5. bucks_is_leeds

Forum Moderator

For us? Lonners no matter what happens, your gaffer has a tough choice to make but surely he wont change it after your win?

Love Basingstoke BTW, worked there for years for Vodafone when I was a youngster. Only a few miles away now in Andover <ok>

6. Simon21-LUFC

Simon21-LUFC Well-Known Member

Lonergan's fit again so he's definitely straight in. As Bucks said, McCarthy's a 9/10, but Lonners is a 10 so not really worried about the 'keeper situation. I'd love to sign McCarthy permanently, but he'd be in the same situation here as he is at your place, and I very much doubt you'd let him go (but he has stated how much he loves it at the club and in Leeds generally, and has hinted that he'd like to stay).

7. lifecheshirewhite

Lonergan was on the bench today,think he's a bit better than Alex to be fair.Think Alex playing today was all about Grayson keeping his promise to Alex to give him game time.

8. bucks_is_leeds

Forum Moderator

As much as I agree with that it would have been a tad harsh to drop the lad as well <ok>

9. Logi_Lufc

Logi_Lufc Well-Known Member

Hes got a bright future where ever it may be. Awkward situation with keepers cos they dont like sitting on he bench but its not a position where u can rotate

10. Farsleyexile

Farsleyexile Well-Known Member

McCarthy is Leeds...Mervyn Day is...BatElland on the bench i feel?

11. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

Fantastic keeper and i hope he has the best of careers, has definitely shown his potential. I would love for us to sign him in Jan permanently but i cant see it happening to be honest

12. Farsleyexile

Farsleyexile Well-Known Member

Time to splash the cash Papa Smurf! Make `em an offer they can`t refuse

13. GkofGTM

GkofGTM Member

I wish people would stop calling him 3rd choice for 'em.

14. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

To be fair, that is what the reading manager said. Its not just a random thing that has come up

15. Elland_Heaven

Elland_Heaven Active Member

F**king hell Farsley - we can't even make our current lot an offer they can't refuse!

16. Tilehurstsouthbank

I would have Alex in as our No.1. Overall, I think he's a better keeper than A-Fed.

17. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

I agree with you but its unfortunate that federici is experienced at this level and Mcarthy unfortunately cant get that overnight!

Federicis distribution was awful on Saturday but you have 2 great keepers Alex has been magic for us

18. Tilehurstsouthbank

Actually got three mate. Mikkel Andersson is the Danish U21 keeper and was player of the tournament at Toulan U21 Championship last year. I'd love to see one of our youngsters get the chance to be No1. It's the only criticism I have of Brian Mc, he is too loyal to the old gaurd.

19. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

Its an easy option though thats the thing and you can't blame him, Macca has just got to hope Federici either gets sold or makes a few mistakes and then he will be youre number 1 im serious in saying he is a premiership keeper (once he sorts his kicking) and he is a future England number keeper

20. Tilehurstsouthbank

He had a good run in the side last season when Feds was out with an injury, but was dropped as soon as the Aussie was fit again! I agree with a lot of your fans. Federici's distribution is'nt great. we play too direct for my liking when he's in the side.