1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Thank god i support a real club!

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by johnnywarksmoustache, May 23, 2011.

1. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

I am so glad I don't support one of the big fashionable clubs that have millions to spend and know the price of everything and the value of nothing! Of course I am talking about Chelsea and their fabulously wealthy owner who has just decided to sack Ancelloti. The guy won the double last season and finished 2nd this year all this against the backdrop of continual interferring from the owner! Take the Torres debacle for instance.

Can you ever imagine that a club like ours would ever do such a ridiculous knee jerk thing? The board gave Keane the best part of 18 months and it was obvious to everyone at the end that his time was up. Can you ever have imagined John Cobbold saying to Sir Bobby just after winning the EUFA Cup "Sorry Bobby you only won one of the 3 major trophies we were going for this year so leave the car keys on the boardroom table on your way out!"

At Ipswich we have always prided ourselves in giving our managers time to build a team despite bad results along the way. We have only had 14 managers I believe since 1936! With the introduction of Marcus Evans the trend of management sackings has increased with him sacking 2 in the last 2 years but I think that he had every justification in doing so. The allegation we can rightly pin on him is that he made completely the wrong choice in appointing Roy Keane but with Jewell I think he has finally learnt his lesson!

Stability at the top is paramount in building a good football club and turning it into a great football club. In this day and age of instant results at all costs I am so glad that I support a club built on more traditional foundations.

2. Tractor Tim

Tractor Tim Member

100% agree JWM - quite astonishing really. I though Man City were overly harsh when they let Mark Hughes go but this Chelsea decision really does take the biscuit and is only trumped by Newcastle letting Sir Bobby 'move upstairs' (when they were 5th in the table I think)!

3. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

I agree too. I really don't think Hiddink will want to become full time manager there with the way Roman treats people. Sure he was happy for the short term job he did but that was under his terms. Chelsea can attract some big names but anyone who wants job security or total control of buying players will stay well clear.

4. crowey66

crowey66 Member

I concur Dr Sweatysockstash.

5. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

<doh> Wow your two posts on our board today account for two-fifths of your entire output in four months Crowey. Epic fail. <doh>

6. crowey66

crowey66 Member

some of us dont spend all of our time on the laptop mate.Try getting out a bit more,you might like it.And anyway iwasnt taking the piss i was agreeing with johnnywarksmouthhair.

7. wellyblue

wellyblue Well-Known Member

crowey66

has to be more socially acceptable than spending all of your time on your sister, eh, Crowey??

then again, probably not in norfolk!

:emoticon-0105-wink:

8. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Blimey now more than half of your posts have been taken up with witless WUMage. Who is it you say needs to get out more? You can tell me on Tuesday when I get back from my break with the missus <laugh>

9. PioneerBlueinOZ

would have thought crowey would have had more posts with the additional digits he has from family interbreeding, clearly his family tree doesn't fork!

10. crowey66

crowey66 Member

ah yes,the good old inbred jokes.You guys are great.No,you really are.So original and cutting.

11. Beefforhire-NCFC

Beefforhire-NCFC Well-Known Member

I Four One think they are great.....

12. Dangerous Marsupial

Dangerous Marsupial Well-Known Member

We cannot mock Ipswich Town they are a club with a much more successful history than us, and history is definatley not a way of hiding from the fact that we are Premier League and their club has all sorts of problems.

13. wellyblue

wellyblue Well-Known Member

hello Beefy, nice to see you about again! <ok>

DM...

Location: Kessingland, Suffolk (nearer Norwich than Ipswich)...

maybe, mate, but Suffolk nonetheless...

if you didn't like it, you'd move...:emoticon-0105-wink:

14. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

Maybe he's doing missionary work or his bit for comic relief?:emoticon-0116-evilg

PS. Good luck for the season. I genuinely hope to see us both in the premiership next season