1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team v Rotherham

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

In today's press conference the Gaffer confirmed that Scotty Parker would still be out. As is Lucas Piazon, although the good news is that Lucas has been in full training with the squad this week. [Some good photos of him the official site looking fit and determined.] Otherwise all okay, including the returning internationals.

Despite their lowly league position, Rotherham do have some decent players. In particular midfielder Joe Newell – who scored a cracking goal at QPR before the break, and also a very similar goal at Craven Cottage in December. And striker Danny Ward – the club’s top goalscorer with 9 league goals.

Patience may be required from us but complacency has to be avoided.

On our team selection, there's the usual two positions to debate; LB and CF. Malone is the more rested one of the LB's and I suspect Jokanovic may continue to 'protect' young Sessegnon for now. There's the option of playing Sess further forward but in a game where we should dominate possession, as opposed to making fast breakouts, don't think he'll take that option.

Up front he's got the 'has to be confident' Cryiac, the 'more creative' Kebano or the 'Derby man'. Kebano would seem the favourite to start. However it wouldn't be a huge surprise to see Martin. [Mind Martin epitomises the 'el-sulk' mantle in those training photos on the official site, so maybe he's already been given a benchmark.]

There has to be a wee question mark at centre back as well though. Tim Ream, after not an awful lot of football but a huge amount of travelling, only returned this morning. He might be in for a late check before selection. The suggested starting line-up then -

............................Button................
    ..Fredericks..Kalas..Ream/Madl...Malone..
    .........................McDonald.....
    .................Cairney......Johansen....
    .....Aluko..........Kebano.......Ayite...

2. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

If there hasn't been a fall out with Martin again then I guess he should start, as he'll not be playing at Derby on Tuesday. having said that the CB at Rotherham are the old brickhouse type so I'd like to see a quick nippy forward up against them.
    Madl is one of those players I'd like to see in the team, but ever since his sending off he's been out of favour with Jokanovic, another mystery in his selection.

3. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

If Kebano and Cyriac are both fit and available, I don't think I'd even include Martin on the bench any more. I'd agree with leaving Ream out of the eleven due to his airmiles. Cottager's line up looks good to me.

4. Cottager58

The man we've got today is Tim Robinson.

upload_2017-4-1_9-57-19.jpeg

The ex-PE teacher is a bit of an old favourite. The last time we saw him was the 2-0 away win against Bristol City when Stefan Johansen and Tim Ream went in his book. And before that the 2-0 away win at Brentford; Kevin McDonald was the unlucky chap who got carded that day. The only slight blot on Robinson's itinerary was his other match for us - the time wasting draw to Burton at the Cottage.

In his 7 games since the Bristol City one he's given 27 yellows; bringing his total for 36 matches this season to160. Pretty impressive. It's the reds that are giving him the 'Mr Red Card' reputation though. Robinson has 9 to his credit so far - the claim to fame one being Paul Konchesky back in Dember when Paul was playing for Millwall.

5. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

Sounded like we did not play our best but still ground out a one nil win. Finally in the fresh bagels positions. I just hope now we can move 3 points clear of Sheffield W so we are not relying on that last game, though I just know it's gone come down to that game.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    Cravingawin likes this.
  6. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

3 points is all that matters at this stage. We've got a tough run in with trips to Derby, Norwich, Huddersfield and Wednesday... if we make the playoffs, we'll deserve it!

GeraScores likes this.
  7. Cottager58

Ping ... Pong ... Bong !

8. Fred's Cultured Left Foot

What a well worked goal!

Time to beleve

2whitestripes and Cottager58 like this.
  9. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

7 games to go and with last one against Sheff Wed possibly being an extended play off game it us 6 games to go a 6 game mini season, I'm excited!!!!

Coyw

Cravingawin likes this.