1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team v Birmingham

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

The lads trained today at England's St George's Park, presumably taking a comfort break on their way home from last night's match. So no press conference.

A red faced and puffing Gaffer, who had joined in a practice game, did speak to FulhamTV however. There doesn't appear to be any injury concerns but have to say he didn't sound overly impressed when he spoke about Gohi Cyriac. In fact he said, "we'll give him a try out with the Youth team [the U23 PL2 game against Middlesbrough next Monday?] and see how he goes".

Birmingham apparently played quite well in their home game against Reading the other night but still went down 1-0 to Reading's only shot on goal. Brum's star performer was new signing Kerim Frei - yup, the very same - who made "some exciting runs into the box". However, despite the improvement, Birmingham are now 10 games withought a win under Gianfranco Zola.

[No, won't be drawn. That hoodoo is in the past; this is the New Fulham!]

For us, can't see many changes from Wednesday night. In fact, the only one likely is a choice between Piazon and Ayite. Think the Gafer will stick, especially since (unusually) there is no mid-week game next week.

.........................Button............
    ..Fredericks..Kalas..Ream..Malone..
    .......................McDonald....
    ...Aluko...Cairney..Johansen..Piazon..
    .........................Martin...

2. Cravingawin

Cravingawin Well-Known Member

Agree with team. For once we can play a consistent team each week. It really makes a difference.

3. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Our dropped points at QPR & Reading mean we have to keep winning to put pressure on the top 7.
    Unless we have injuries I'd guess it should be the same team as against Burton.
    The concern for me is as the season progresses that we burn out near the end of the campaign.

4. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Our season will, to a large extent, be determined by how our squad depth (e.g. Ayite, Kebano, Cyriac, Parker etc.) rise to the challenge. We have a very good squad, but also a very thin squad.

5. Cottager58

Ayite will be in there for sure. The other three? Petsos will be the back up in defensive mid instead of Parker. Kebano and Cyriac are real long stops.

6. Cottager58

The man in the middle today is Andrew Madley.

upload_2017-2-4_11-15-7.jpeg

Wonder if ex-Huddersfield academy player Andy has his eye on the League table? We've only seen him the once this season; the pathetic 1-0 defeat at Villa. He booked four of ours that day, Piazon, McDonald, Martin and Madl, and none of theirs.

Last year he handed out 118 yellows and 3 reds in 40 games. Having joined the full time ref cabal this summer he's obviously decided to up his game however - in 29 games this season so far he's produced 92 yellows and 2 reds.

7. Cottager58

Sessegnon in for Malone. Cyriac and Parker on the bench but no Petsos - how wrong could I be about those two benchers then.

8. Cottager58

Not a happy 51st game for the Gaffer and The Stare will certainly be out again. Like in the QPR game, the Brum team bully, foul and hoof their way to a win. One up for Andy Madley.

9. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

I'm not sure it was a red card but the decision was made and so be it. It was a game changer.

For me Mr A Madley had a mare at the Villa away game - I hope when I see this game that he was not as incompetent as I thougtht then when he sent off Fredericks.

Fulham were poor today and I am so frustrated again. Oh well.

10. Cottager58