1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team of the week

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Mr Hatem, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

2. TigerinSydney

TigerinSydney Well-Known Member

Yet not Markovic? Strange

3. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

He explained in the article:
    There were so many good performances in this Hull side against Watford. I could have selected the solid Harry Maguire, the tenacious Sam Clucas (great goal by the way) or Lazar Markovic, all of whom put in one hell of a shift.

However, I've gone for Kamil Grosicki. Apart from running himself into the ground, his composure and quality on the ball was very impressive. His pass for Markovic was simply wonderful, and epitomised just how important the Poland international was against Watford, and is going to be in Hull's remaining fixtures.

4. pierredelafranchesca

pierredelafranchesca Well-Known Member

Sky Sports gave him MOM too

5. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

I'd have quite happily taken him off at half time

Funny old game

Dutch Tiger and GLP like this.
  6. lewisc29

lewisc29 Idiot

It was a tough first half, we were just trying to get through to half time. The second half played into our hands with the pace on the break. I've said it before but it's the first time in a while that we've had genuine pace and threat on the wings.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  7. Yardley Tiger

Yardley Tiger Active Member

He also had a go at the referee:
    Hull had no right to win this game against Watford and it is commendable and perfectly understandable that Troy Deeney, the Watford captain, took it upon himself to go over to the Hornets supporters and apologise for such an abject performance. Regardless of this, Hull could have taken the easy way out and thrown in the towel because of the injustice of Oumar Niasse's dismissal by referee Bobby Madley, but they didn't.

Last week I went out of my way to commend Madley for the way he handled the feisty encounter between Manchester United and Chelsea, and the way he resisted the compulsion to over officiate. Well, you could have blown me down with a feather (and Niasse, by the look on his face) when he gave the Senegal international his marching orders. It was barely a yellow card.

Nevertheless, Jakupovic and the entire Hull team kept their composure and produced the result that could keep them in the Premier League.