1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team News

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by AKCJ, Feb 12, 2011.

1. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ricardo

Naughton Bamba Mee Aanholt

Oakley King Wellens

Gallagher Yakubu Vassell​

Havnt been told the subs yet so i'll wait for Stringer.

I am so so pissed off that Sven has dropped Weale, he has been our most improved player since Sven arrived and showing real signs of form.

Glad he has brought Oakley back into the team, I think he has played well off the bench recently and Abe deserved the rest.

Prediction; 1-2 to the Blue Army.

2. CorbyFox'62

CorbyFox'62 Member

Suppose he wants to keep Ricardo sweet n give him a start.

Good to see Oakley back; would prefer Dyer to Vassell tho.

Prediction: 1-3 to City.

3. Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho

Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho Active Member

Agreed. Ridiculous decision.

Yet Vassell is still in despite being one of our worst players at the moment

So favouritist (is that a word?)

I disagree about dropping Abe, I don't think he's been that bad recently (as some were making out) and Oakley is not a starter these days.

At least if we lose we've got a couple of scapegoats :)

4. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

To be fair to Sven about keeping Vassell in the team.

He works hard and tires defenders and when Dyer comes on he makes a massive impact.

Although maybe we could do with another young winger?

5. Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho

Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho Active Member

Does he?

I've been to the last 2 games and he was just standing around for the most part. He didn't holdd it up or chase it down at all, he was just a passenger.

Waghorn works hard. Dyer gets the ball and tries to beat his man. Both can make something happen. Vassell just disappears for most of the game. I can't see that he offers anything that Waghorn and Dyer can't (in tht position)

I don't see it as anyhing other than favouritism (as was the case with Beckham when he was England manager)

6. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Id love to see you run as a 30+ year old for over 70 minutes ;)

I'm not saying that Vassell is the best player in the world but Dyer makes a better impact sub than him.

Vassell doesnt make much of an impact whereas Dyer can be the difference between wnning and drawing.

I think that Vassell is past it and that a new out and out winger should be on the list in the summer.

As for Waghorn, as much as I rate the guy as a Striker, he just doesn't play well on the wings. "Vassell is the same", I hear you say, but Vassell is more experienced and quite clearly Sven's favourite. Shame for Waggy because im sure it was really tough leaving the north for 2m quid as a young lad.

7. Burmesefox

Burmesefox Member

Dyer - great impact player that forces the whole team to step up the face and play at a higher tempo. Love Dyer coming off the bench. Abe - decent player and would not have dropped him myself but if you are going to sub a couple of players (excluding forced subs through injury) it will be oakley and Vassell I guess and that opens us up to really hit them with Yuke and Dyer. Waggy needs to improve his touch as it is woeful this season. Oakley has played very well last few matches.

8. Leicester lad..ey up me duck

Ricardo in for Weale ?

Part of me is on the fence for this choice of keeper.

Ricardo is now a Leicester player and needs a game, yet Weale has been in excellent form.

My preference would be to retain Weale, let him excercise the " mistake " from the previous Derby match.

Keep Weale and let Ricardo come on as a sub with 20 mins left when we are 4-0 up........now that does demonstrate confidence.

Lets hope Ricardo is tuned in to the back 4..........there again that also changes like my missus wardrobe ffs

9. Sven is a fox

Sven is a fox Member

I feel for Weale i really do, what does he have to do? And Dyer to be fair but we know Oakley is solid enough. All this said im interested to see Ricardo play and im sure hes more than capable. LETS GO CITY LETS GO!