1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Taylor Moore.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Jun 12, 2017.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Taylor Moore concentrating on next season at Bristol City after fan questions World Cup absence

Moore could have been part of the winning side in South Korea
    Gregor MacGregor

Defender Taylor Moore would be forgiven for looking on the England Under-20s World Cup win over Venezuela on Sunday with a touch of regret.

The 20-year-old has been capped at that level twice for the Three Lions and was part of that same team who won the Under-17 European Championships in 2014.

Playing alongside the likes of Dominic Solanke, Jonjoe Kenny and captain Lewis Cook, Moore will know his fellow international colleagues well from playing in that age group regularly over the years, and has hinted on social media that he could have been part of the success in South Korea.

Back in 2014 Moore played a key role as England beat the Netherlands on penalties to secure the European Championship crown.
    The London-born right-back or centre-back was one of those to slot home his penalty in the shoot-out in the final that saw the Three Lions secure their second such title, four years after their first win in the competition.

And the nucleus of that same team has been retained and now gone on to claim global honours to great acclaim.
    Instead, Moore has suggested that he's readying himself for a crack at regular first team football with Bristol City next season after impressing on loan at Bury in League One in the last campaign.

He replied to a fan on social media after he was asked why he wasn't playing for England's 20s side.

Moore replied to the fan by saying: 'Long story. My focus is on Bristol City and the big season ahead.'
    Robins head coach Lee Johnson kept a close eye on Moore's development and made the trip to see him play in person to check on the former Lens defender's progress.

With the departure of Mark Little a space on the right of defence is up for grabs. Meanwhile,
    With more of an emphasis on controlling the ball at the back, there could be more opportunities for the cultured Moore in 2017-18.

Tweet
    please log in to view this image
    Taylor Moore @TaylorD_Moore
    @UndeckedMoth Long story. My focus is on Bristol City and the big season ahead
    please log in to view this image

12:02 PM - 11 Jun 2017
    http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/...taylor-moore-concentrating-next-season-105470

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

He has the class, lets hope he gets the chance to show it soon or will it be another big purchase gone wrong.

3. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Literally that entire article built out of two words from Taylor Moore. 'Long story'. Shambolic site.

4. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

Just about to say the same thing. Bristol Post is absolutely full of **** now, deserves to die like the rest of the newspaper industry.

Everything you read in newspapers now you read the day before on social media and most likely got the truth via the internet rather than a lie to fill the rag and sell it. They are good for putting the food out in the recycling bin though <ok>

Bigjohnatyeo and BCFCRob like this.
  5. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

Soon? He's 20 years old he has years to come good and show his potential

6. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Christ the aficionado's on here get worse, it's the middle of June, a local paper, there are very few issue's to discuss, some of us like to read the written word, it's a public forum for general consumption, if you don't like it, don't read it, your choice the link is up to for-warn anyone of it's origin.

Criticise the article by all means but don't shoot the messenger at least it's information for some and at least some of us poor illiterates enjoy it.

7. BCFCRob

Don't think anyone criticised you wizered. Having these things shared on here is definitely better as it generates discussion. I just think the newspaper is diabolical, but appreciate you posting it nonetheless :emoticon-0148-yes:

Bigjohnatyeo likes this.
  8. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I don't take it as personal criticism, I was referring to the Post as the messenger but thankyou for the responce.

9. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Taylor Moore can take Little place quality player,as is Hordur.

both should be playing next season.

wizered, manxrobin and TampaBayBCFC like this.
  10. robin_unreliant

robin_unreliant Active Member

But probably won't as it seems Supercoach doesn't rate them. Apparently Magnusson spends most of the time flat on his arse while Bobby Moore doesn't stick his head in and risk a broken nose. Two quotes from LJ which made my blood boil last season. A big part of why I didn't renew my season ticket. Hope LJ is gone before these talented young players have had enough and move on.

11. BCFCRob

Not sure if Taylor Moore is more of a RB or a CB but I certainly want to see them both in the first team squad, particularly Magnusson. I really rate him and he could be a top, top player, but we don't fecking play the guy.

12. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Come on then Armchair manager genius, if Hordur Is to play who drops out, Flint or Wright, or both if you think Moore should be ar CB?

RedorDead likes this.
  13. Red Robin

Flint will be gone-easy answer<nahnah>

14. robin_unreliant

robin_unreliant Active Member

We have a lot of good CBs in our squad Chelsea showed that with the right organisation 3 at the back can work. JB's best position is Wing Back. I think we would get the best out of the squad if we added a RWB and organised them to play 3-4-3 as the main formation. Korey can play the Kante role. Why have a load of CBs and never play them? If you are sticking to 4 at the back may as well let one or two go.

15. BCFCRob

I wouldn't be against that ^. Only issue is that we got found out with it under SC but it's a good shout.

16. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

He will change his mind every week so it don't matter.

17. Red Hub

Red Hub Active Member

Vyner Moore Hegler Magnusson,

18. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

19. Red Robin

20. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

We need a right back to compete with Taylor and Zak