1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Targets

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by 55282, Dec 13, 2016.

1. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

No I wouldn't. As poor as Baston has been I think there's a good player in him and would like to see if he can preform under PC.

Kifflom! likes this.
  2. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Firstly , I never said Fer is a better player than Siggy although it doesn't surprize me as you say things like this and pretend it's true , so it's you that should wipe your arse clean .
    When we won the Championship playoff , I doubt you'd find a single soul that would believe we would be in the Premier for 6 seasons having a net spend in the black . It's only now we see how lucky we've been as great managers , with a good eye for gems like Rodgers and Laudrup dry up and we start spending more with less results

3. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

You've been implying this for weeks.
    Secondly, what is it with you and insults? Grow up!

Kifflom! likes this.
  4. seabreeze

I haven't been implying anything , I've merely tried to put a plan together of fiscal management . And for you to come on here and lecture me on insults while skipping past aussies post is ...well , just like you

5. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

You've wanted us to sell/drop Gylfi so you can play Fer for weeks. He's a championship player and he'll be playing there next season as things stand.

I'd sell Fer a million times over before Gylfi, and I'll go on a limb and say do would 99% of Jacks.

Kifflom! likes this.
  6. seabreeze

So no comment on Aussies comment then valley , not surprizing considering the two of you are attached by the arse when someone returns fire at him .
    Reference Siggy , your full of it . Only reason I want to sell Siggy ( and I.ve only said that recently ) is because , and if you ask those 99% of Jacks , I believe we are going down ...period . If we hang onto Siggy we MAY take a huge loss IF we go down . Luckily we have a player in Fer that can play AM and score goals , win aerial battles and has a better passing % than Siggy . Take the 26 million now for Siggy or take a chance at getting nothing later ...it's the whole idea about Siggy , not because I think Fer is better cause I don't , it's only fiscal responability to me . Now thats my opinion and I don't mind anybody having a go at me because of it as long as I can have a go back . Take the time to read Aussies " attack " on me before flapping your gums . I never start sh1t with Aussie , it's always him .

7. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Really, Roof. Valley and I have had disagreements in the past. Most people who've been here a while have had spats from time to time but we always end up putting it behind us and just get on with it. Grow up a little. Valley is correct. You've been putting out stats and arguing Fer's corner when it comes to Sigurdsson for ages, just look back through your history. If that's your opinion it's your opinion and you should stick to it and argue your corner. Except that now it's not your opinion. Jeesh, you're hard work sometimes.<doh>

As for my post I merely said that anyone who says that Fer is a better player than Siggy is talking out of their arse. As you reckon you never said that, I couldn't have been talking about you then could I? :emoticon-0125-mmm:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  8. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

9. London_Jack

London_Jack Well-Known Member

10. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

11. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Doh! my speling is so oreful <laugh>

Kifflom! likes this.
  12. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Not sure about moot but our moose won't be happy <laugh>

Kifflom! likes this.
  13. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  14. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

15. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Negatives, he's achieved this in the Swiss league which is French second division standard and he is French. We've not had so much luck with French signings, Gomiss, Tabernau.

Positive, may have been brought to our attention by Makelele, if he knows him, he could rev him up and get him ticking over for us.

16. London_Jack

London_Jack Well-Known Member

Negatives...he isn't a bloody defender :p

17. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Agree. This is a big bloody negative.

18. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

You know what, I thought the exact same thing, but surely he cannot be worse than Routs and fair weather Montero?

19. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Just to put it out there. If people think that we've got some revenue to spend on top class players look away now.

UEFA FY2015 report my indicate the reason why we're in the blight we're in and the miss management we've endured over the past few seasons.

Just to highlight the most concerning facts;

• 19th highest wage bill in Europe
    • 80% of total revenue has gone towards players wages
    • 82% of our total revenue comes from broadcast revenue, higher than nearly every other club in the premier league
    • With only 17% growth rate in revenue year on year
    Wage Bills
    IMG_0128.JPG

Broadcast Revenue
    IMG_0129.JPG

Revenue and Revenue Growth
    IMG_0130.JPG

It doesn't take a genius to work out that we appointed Bob Bradley to simply try and market the club to a huge American market. But it looks that it'll backfire and will now have the opposite affect.

Also I think it highlights the poor recruitment policy we have at our club and to say that the players are underachieving is an understatement. Including paying Gomis's huge wage bill while on loan to Marseille who want to pay £30M and £100K wages per week for Payet

If this was any other business in the private sector (banking aside) then the people who caused this mess would be dismissed. (Huw)

The one thing that bothers me the most about our club is the lack of accountability.

20. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Couple of thoughts/observations:

1) Gomis & Ayew were signed for 'free' from their previous clubs, but allegedly were personally paid 'huge' signing-on fees, albeit spread over the contract period. Such payments could have been included in Wages & Salaries. That being the case, then the total payroll costs would be inflated.

2) it has long been thought that the Club's Commercial Dept was 'sub-optimal' re Revenue generation etc. The above would seem to support that contention. No wonder the Yanks want to get control of the Stadium and leverage that to help grow revenues.