1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tammy is Gutted.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Feb 22, 2017.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Chelsea striker speaks out after injury blow: I can't describe how gutted I am to be out.

TAMMY ABRAHAM admits he’s gutted after suffering a thigh injury that could keep him out for up to a month.

Chelsea and Bristol City striker Tammy Abraham says he’s gutted to be out injured
    The 19-year-old
    striker is currently enjoying a fine loan spell with Championship side Bristol City.
    He’s scored a stunning 21 goals in 38 appearances for the Robins but picked up a knock in their 2-1 defeat to Leeds last Tuesday.

Bristol boss Lee Johnson confirmed this week that Abraham has returned to Chelsea to undergo treatment on the problem and will be out for around three weeks.
    And Abraham said on social media: "Can't describe how gutted I am to be out injured.

The 19-year-old striker is currently enjoying a fine loan spell with Championship side Bristol City.
    He’s scored a stunning 21 goals in 38 appearances for the Robins but picked up a knock in their 2-1 defeat to Leeds last Tuesday.

Bristol boss Lee Johnson confirmed this week that Abraham has returned to Chelsea to undergo treatment on the problem and will be out for around three weeks.
    And Abraham said on social media: "Can't describe how gutted I am to be out injured “Miss being out there. Hopefully back on the pitch soon.”

Bristol City are currently 21st in the Championship table, just two points above the drop zone.
    They take on Fulham tonight with Robins defender Aden Flint saying Abraham's injury is a massive blow to the club ahead of the clash at Ashton Gate.

Flint said: "Of course we will miss Tammy. "He's been brilliant for us and scored some great goals this season.

"It is such a great help having someone who can score a goal out of nothing and get you out of jail like he does. "As a defender, it gives you a lot of confidence knowing that, so long as you hang in there, you can still win a game even when your backs are to the wall.

"He is out top goal scorer and we now have to try and win games without him for the next couple of weeks. It's tough, but these things happen in football."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/590489/Tammy-Abraham-Chelsea-Bristol-City

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Lest we forget, it was Lee Johnson who signed him for us.

Supcon72 likes this.
  3. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

"It is such a great help having someone who can score a goal out of nothing and get you out of jail like he does. "As a defender, it gives you a lot of confidence knowing that, so long as you hang in there, you can still win a game even when your backs are to the wall.

Which match was that?????

RedorDead and Angelicnumber16 like this.
  4. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same, maybe he knows more than us!

5. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

'Lest we forget, it was Lee Johnson who signed him' - on loan who goes back in May.

Lest we forget, it was Lee Johnson who signed Engvall for £2.5million, Magnusson for £1.5million.......and 17 others.

Lest we forget, it's Lee Johnson who's presided over the worst run of results in our history.

Lest we forget........We won't.

6. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Lest we forget that it was LJ that saved are ass last season!

7. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

My question is what is he doing for us right now when we need a boost?

8. Redprintt

'Lest we forget that it was LJ that saved are ass last season!'

If your assertion is correct it begs a question why we are currently 4th bottom this season.

Dead cat bounce ?

9. oneforthebristolcity

Loads of questions are sometimes difficult to answer, especially with football..
    Here's a few;
    Why are Villa where they are?
    How the hell did Leicester become champions last season and are currently 4th from bottom this season?
    How the hell did a non league club get into the quarter finals of the FA Cup, will all the zillions pumped into our leagues?
    Could go on RP but I'm sure you're intelligent enough to know that football is unpredictable!!

10. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

The main thing for me now is our mindset. Even when LJ gets things absolutely spot on (3 goals away at Derby for instance) we lack self belief - we collapse after conceding one goal despite being 3-0 up and the game turned on its head.
    My fear is that we need to win 2 games back to back to regain our self belief- and I can't see that happening- it's a vicious circle: the more you win the more you might- and the more you lose the more you might.

11. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

WE STAYED UP whether it was due to him or the way fixtures panned out JP'S MOVE TO 4-4-2 along with an up surge of form most clubs get ..right players hitting it at right time .....we will never know based on this season and our very easy start ! the jury is out ....

12. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

We will never know for sure - just like we will never know what might have happened had we stuck with GJ all those years ago.
    I do agree that JP changing the formation turned us around - why Cottrill stuck to 3-5-2 will always be a mystery to me.
    Whether LJ deserves a share of the credit for keeping us up last year probably depends on people's personal perception of the guy rather than a technical analysis of his selection and tactics.

Redprintt likes this.
  13. invermeremike

Hindsight is a wonderful thing if you look back at it enough times. The only verdict for most people is what is happening today and we all know that it's a tough game against Fulham with some vital players missing in action. Three points will do nicely thank you very much but are we capable, and in the right mindset, to achieve that seemingly simple task? I want City to win so much tonight because I fear the possible backlash with a loss and the longer term damage it could inflict on Bristol City Football Club.

Why do we constantly endure this suffering just when we thought we had it all figured out, and my long distance view of the situation can only lead me to one conclusion? Take a guess!

Redprintt likes this.
  14. oneforthebristolcity

We could have stayed up had Jose been manager..........or maybe not!! Plenty of scenarios....LJ was in charge as he is now,that's it!

15. Redprintt

I know where R&W will be watching ;)
    1For, hope you're able to get down there tonight.
    Enough for now, just leaving for the game, let's hope we get a win tonight.

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  16. invermeremike

I will be watching BBC Sport text and hoping for the same result. We poor colonials have to suffer in silence.