1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tammy ****in Abraham

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by RobEllious, May 25, 2017.

1. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Abraham reminds me of Andy Cole. A lot. So this is a no brainer.
    If we are going hell for leather for a youngster, it should be Loftus-Cheek. Probably the best young English player out there at the moment. This kid will be a top top player in the years to come.

2. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Active Member

I don't rate this kid that highly TBH, he just looks alright. He'll end up like that young tall next big thing CF that Arsenal had and kept sending out on loan. I just googled his name...Yaya Sanogo.

Armstrong's a better prospect IMO, look at the types of goals he scores compared to Tammy's who's a big striker who's done well in the Championship because they played to his strengths. I don't think a long ball to the big man will work for long against Prem defenses. I'll admit Adam probably won't get much of a chance with us though with the way we play(I would of loved to have seen Mitro & Armstrong play together in the Championship as I think they would of been awesome together, but that chance is now gone I fear).

3. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Hence I noted if it's the best we can do. I just don't see them letting him go personally when he is a potential gold mine

4. leez

leez Well-Known Member

please please snap him up ...

anyway

i got a friend who i go on holiday ,,,who is the chairman of kent county schools .. he also scouts for a few london clubs ..

he recons nufc are like a grade C in the youth systems .. saying chelski grade A.

basicly the youths are just not up to scratch ...and that chelsea sign the youngsters from all over the world ..they are way ahead of any club ..

5. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

I think arma should be used this season but my concern is his build and height. Tammy offers something different and I genuinely think the kid has something. I say sack off one of Perez or mitro for good money and take him on loan.

6. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

The only issue is that we would only have him for one season then what? No Abrahams, possibly no Arma and no Perez/Mitro.

magpie290761 likes this.
  7. Prince Isak (GG)

We survive and we build on that survival with potentially either a signing of him if he has done well or someone else.

8. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

If he does well then we won't be able to afford him. Plus we would then need 2 other attackers as well.

Much prefer to give Arma the time!

9. leez

leez Well-Known Member

u never know m8 ..get him in the club and see what its all about .abrahams . for me arma , well can not hold the ball up like this kid and he has a good few tricks as well .. for someone so young , knows where the goal is .. if we get the chance go for him

10. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

ARMSTRONG all the way!!

11. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

12. Henry Boy

Henry Boy Active Member

I don't see the point in this signing. We need to sign better than what we have, and if we're going to loan other clubs talent they need to be better.

Is Abraham that better than Gayle right now? He hasn't demonstrated he'd be any better at PL level. If we're able to loan a striker from Chelsea I'd far rather it be Batshuyai - he is without doubt level up from what we have and has shown he can score in the PL.

13. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

But we won't survive following that policy. SunderlandNil followed that policy and eventually got their just deserts this season. It benefits Chelsea, it benefits Abrahams, it benefits no one else. It's short term planning and it simply delays the fatal day of reckoning if it works but will not always work. Huddersfield are an example this season. Half their team on loan so if they succeed and get promotion where do they go next season. They won't have the money to buy a full team for the PL and are then hoping they can borrow some more players to keep them up.

Who benefits long term? Not Huddersfield nor Huddersfield fans but the individual player and his parent Club. Also football doesn't benefit either.

Judge Death and Flash like this.
  14. Tasty Magpie

Tasty Magpie Well-Known Member

I agree that we should be buying rather than loaning when and where we can if Rafa is sufficiently confident in the player. However we have a huge amount of strengthening to do - we're targeting between 7 and 12 signings according to the latest ramblings in the Chronicle. We wont be able to afford to buy that quantity and keep the quality up. We'll need to cover some of the strengthening for this season through loans. We can then target further permanent reinforcements the following season if we have managed to stay up. That would be a long-term benefit for us (as long as profits continue to be reinvested) - Premier League survival, partially enabled by making clever use of loans alongside permanent signings.

15. Prince Isak (GG)

Like I said in my post I would also want arma in and around aswell as Tammy. I don't think mitro and Perez are the answer.

Flash likes this.
  16. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Everton did alright out of loaning Lukaku, or on a lower more personal scale, Atsu?think it's all relative. He would serve a purpose of a player filling a position without costing any money and we're under no real obligation to play him. If he's ****? Well we're not lumbered with a 5 year contract. Normally I agree with you but some loans work, and in terms of us building a team on a budget, we won't get every player Benitez is envisaging, this will take a couple of years overall

17. Prince Isak (GG)

We don't have the luxury at the moment of buying our safety. We have to cement our position with a combination of good loans and good signings. We have to accept that fact.

18. Prince Isak (GG)

Your bang on matey.

RobEllious likes this.
  19. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I think a bit of realism about who and what Newcastle United is right now - unfortunately the loan system is a lifeline in the current game for clubs like us. Yes it does benefit Chelsea. Yes it does benefit Abraham. However it can also benefit Newcastle in the short term. I'd love a permanent deal but we have to be realistic.

Heed and General Lee Speaking like this.
  20. Heed

Heed well known cheat

Agree 100%. We dont have the luxury of ignoring the loan system, so, we may as well throw our hat into the ring for this lad. Why try to compete with one hand tied behind your back, sheer madness.