1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Takeover

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious, Nov 9, 2016.

1. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

2. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Couldn't get excited about this even if true TBH.

3. The Kish

The Kish Well-Known Member

This would be the end.

ForestHillBilly likes this.
  4. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

This is the second time the story has been published over several years, I personally don't think there's anything to it.

5. Sat In Greenwich

Sat In Greenwich Well-Known Member

i'd welcome it to be honest. anyone is better than roland. they wouldnt rebrand us - they would look at everything RD/KM has done, do the inverse and it'd be a success.

Ken Shabby likes this.
  6. ForestHillBilly

I'm taking SuperC's advice, and taking it with a pinch of salt. Roland must be hanging on to Charlton out of sheer cussedness, considering that his original aim was to prove that he could make the club break even:).

7. Miketyson2007Junior

Miketyson2007Junior Well-Known Member

Since when does a manager have any say in club policy or brand expansion? This story was born out of their manager watching Lookman play, he was just scouting.

8. Miketyson2007Junior

Miketyson2007Junior Well-Known Member

I'd rather have Duchatelet than Red Bull, I don't want Charlton to be a corporate brand. The Red Bull Addicks or something.

The Kish and DonCorleone like this.
  9. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

10. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

Gives you the ****s! Proven fact...

11. ForestHillBilly

Proved under laboratory conditions?:cry:

12. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

There are worse owners than RD (though the combination of RD and Katrien is one even the Oystons would be pushed to beat). I'll take the advice about the salt, but personally I'll also dream of a takeover. It's not compulsory to drink Red Bull, and if losing Roland means we plsy at the Red Bull Valley, it would possibly be worth it.

Imagine if it happens and Red Bull decide to keep the entire senior management team in view of the sterling work threy've done...... Now that would be frightening.

13. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Sounding dangerously like the 6 regulars on ITTV there Ken <laugh> - the ones who think "Roland pays the bills" etc

Red Bull would be an awful takeover, but just look at what we are stuck with now . A soulless franchise played out in front of 6000 home fans, Could things really get much worse? We are in an even worse position now than we were from
    84-90 at Selhurst.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    ForestHillBilly and DickPlumb like this.
  14. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

All I want is Duchatelet and Meire gone. But I do not want to be owned by a faceless drinks Company like Red Bull. Who will strip Charlton of its character and identity and totally rebrand us. All I want is an owner who will respect the Supporters and do what is best for the Football Club and be HONEST. Also to be totally. Minted.:emoticon-0138-think

15. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

As MTjr says, it was to scout Lookman.

RB London. 2016-2016

16. User deleted as requested

I think I mentioned that I sat in the Lower West last Saturday amongst two whole rows of scouts (approx 11-15). One was definitely there to watch Konsa, I heard him discussing him at half time. I would imagine the majority of the rest were there to see Lookman, who duly delivered a wonder goal right on cue.

Let's be honest - if we are still languishing in mid table in January, we all know what will happen.

17. Ken Shabby

You take that back!! Not remotely in the camp that thanks RD for anything, and until this turnex up, I'd have said anyone was better. But this lot are dangerously near. I'd take a Red Bull Valley, and I doubt they'd see any need to leave the Valley. But at other clubs they have changed the name and the badge, and rumour has it they asset stripped RB Salzburg to push RB jena in the Bundesleague. Sound familiar? They wouldn' t be any more accountable to the fans wishes than Duchatalet, so there would be no promises to respect traditions in any takeover, and besides, RD wouldn't even care. It would be great to see Katrien and Kahone get the push, and Sue Perks get ejected from the boardroom, but the joy would probably be short lived.

18. User deleted as requested

You are just about the only sane mature voice over on ITTV @ken shabby - in fact, I don't know why you bother. I see Lardiman has now joined @baraettmattesvensson and @DickPlumb and @Sadiejane1981 in departing that stinking cess pit of a site. The Cardiff fan is still having trouble deciding whether he "hates" the "scabs" i.e. Real Charlton fans who went to Belgium yesterday more than he does the 2 idiots who have wilfully ruined our great football club <applause>

Wasn't it comical to see yet another piece of Prime Belgian Bullshit demolished before our eyes yesterday - Duchatelet wasn't watching our game on a live feed - he was having a live feed in a St Truiden restaurant as we were beaten 3-0 :emoticon-0136-giggl

19. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Lardiman was their best poster IMO.

We've now seen that the beam back is a bunch of crap, but should the club decide to respond, they have a fallback that it was a one off as it was his birthday etc etc

20. Ken Shabby

Ha ha. I only went to back up Elfs, and he moved elsewhere. I spent part of last week trying to find the bit where you close the account (Reams took a swipe at SadieJane that sort of wound me up) but I can't find how you get out. ITTV is like the IRA, once in never out.