1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Takeover latest

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Tewkesbury Addick

Tewkesbury Addick Active Member

Smooth. <ok>

I only started watching ER when I heard that Tarentino was directing an episode. It was absolutely breathtaking.

Not really a fan, but the finely choreographed mayhem of 'Kill Bill' and the performance he pulled out of Uma Thurman, point to the true artistry underneath his penchant for gratuitous violence.

2. Ponders Revisited

Ponders Revisited Well-Known Member

Bit offensive, methinks.

3. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

.....back on topic of thread.

Where IS Dicky plumb ?

4. seriously_red

seriously_red New Member

I put this on Charlton Life a while back but glad to share it here as seems more in tune...
    If 18 player contracts are up next summer then without naming names, 6 will go, 6 might be offered soon (including Solly now confirmed) and 6 might be offered reduced terms... Church was signed on 2 years and Pigott and Harriott on 3 years so you can see the 2014/15 squad starting to emerge - just add Yann, Hamer and SOME of the midfield
    FFP kinda ... but really just another way to reduce losses...
    There is a possibility that some really decent players could be brought in with either new money next summer but the trouble is there are going to be three minted clubs coming down from the Premier League

5. Bitter & Malicious

Bitter & Malicious Well-Known Member

Offensive, but Typical.

6. Ponders Revisited

I am still awaiting the official inquest.

It is nothing personal, typical - just a matter of principle and forum etiquette.

7. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

A very very good post. A work of art, even.

8. typical

typical Well-Known Member

Blimey! I was gonna do a post about the Cosby Show but I think I will give that a miss now.

9. User deleted as requested

You are right. What doesn't make sense is to make it some sort of virility test for the owners that, having renewed Solly and Pigott, they must now automatically renew the rest of the squad and the staff. There are plenty in there that it would be sensible NOT to keep.

10. Ponders Revisited

Either Tewkes and SuperC are on holiday, or they are still trying to work out a response to your earlier descent into Gingerism.

The lack of even-handedness is bewildering, and I am now seriously considering a personal boycott - again!

There has to be balance, you see. Balance.

11. Jimmy The Addick

Happy Solly has been given a new contract, still really dislike Jimenez and Slater though. Whatever is going on at the club us fans should be kept in the loop, after all without us fans the club wouldn't exist. Powell needs his contract sorted out ASAP. If that happens, i will possibly forgive them a little bit for the amount of stress i have had as a Charlton fan since the end of last season.

By the way, i still hate tomatoes

12. Sat In Greenwich

Sat In Greenwich Well-Known Member

100% agree. i hate tomatoes too.

13. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

14. User deleted as requested

Just out of interest, why do you "hate" the owners ? Didn't they step in and rescue us from the verge of administration ...caused by the previous owner ?

15. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

I hate ballet and opera <ok>

16. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

No holiday. Though I do need one.

I also hate tomatoes. But enjoy a Bloody Mary when hungover.

17. Sat In Greenwich

Sat In Greenwich Well-Known Member

everyone would be proud today...

i'm making home made pizzas and actually using tomatoes to make the sauce.

18. Ponders Revisited

Is that the official response to discriminatory language used on a public forum?

19. seriously_red

seriously_red New Member

I like that: "virility test" ! Like I said, not going to name names but some will go... the only trouble with waiting until next summer to strengthen the squad is that there will be 3 premier league clubs coming down with a lot of cash... then again 3 of our rivals for 2014/15 will have gone up.

I really think that if they play it right we could be in the playoffs either May 2014 or 2015.

And, back on topic, I am sure there were people looking at the club over the summer. Including someone looking to buy 50%. And I am also sure that these owners will want to keep people looking so it is in their interests to climb the league.

20. Jimmy The Addick

I never said i hate them, i just really dislike them. When they took over we were told of a 5 year plan of "steady and consistent investment" to get us back to the Premiership. Less than 2 years later the money has gone and they have been quieter than Wigan fans on MOTD. Yes the big money backer pulled out, possibly they had no control over that yes, but the silence has left me furious. If we are just about ticking over, or a week away from liquidation, us fans have a right to be told. Without our money through ticket and merchandising sales they would not have a club to own. And the way they have allowed the squad to become weaker than it was when we won League One in a tougher division makes no sense be it for footballing or business reasons.

If they want to sell up, they should really be playing on the positivity surrounding the club, the positivity that was here in huge quantities not too long ago. The atmosphere since has crumbled, and the club is shrouded in uncertainty. If they could teach the ground staff to get the pitch to dry up as quickly as the positivity did it would still be green for a start. We need to get a few wins in to lift spirits but how does Powell craft that with such a small squad that sadly, just doesn't have the quality to do anything special in this division on a regular basis.

I am not asking for millions to be spent or any knee jerk decisions to be made. But whatever the new plan is for the club long term, the sooner we fans find out, the quicker the discussion can be moved back to the games we play instead of backroom business and the like. Things get so depressing at times i genuinely miss only having Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and his amazing knack at doing absolutely nothing to moan about, now it seems our problems are bigger than his shorts were