1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea v Watford

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Leo, Oct 19, 2016.

1. A1 Horn

A1 Horn Well-Known Member

Maybe it's the first for 30 years in the top flight?

Markthehorn likes this.
  2. J T Bodbo

J T Bodbo Well-Known Member

'Really ?' is spot on.
    I'm not usre whether to post the following here, or on a separate thread. Probably best here, as it won't go too far in a negative direction.
    Anyway, in Rome 4 weeks ago, our taxi driver spoke excellent English - Inter fan. apparently, they absolutely detested Mazzarri, 'cos he would have 1 good game, and 3 awful ones. It feels like that's what we are doing, irrespective of points and league position. Or is that all that mstters ?

It seems to me we need Janmaat back asap.

3. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

I don't know about that - we've had four bad games in a row in my opinion, having not played well since beating ManUre.

4. Flittonhorn

Flittonhorn Well-Known Member

To be honest we have gone backwards in the past four games and after our opening 5 fixtures in these next 5 we had an opportunity to build up some points. To date after 4 of those games we have 5 points from 12 and no disrespect to Hull if we do not beat them I for one think less than 8 points from possible 15 is a very poor return from this set of matches given fixtures that are coming up.

5. brian_66_usa

brian_66_usa Well-Known Member

Last season we played v bad at Southampton i think we lost 2 nil (EC was put out wide) i was in the UK and went to the monday night game the next week at Swansea and they out played us for most of the game with W.R. out pacing EC all night and we was lucky to lose 1 nil . this season we have been worth a draw at both Southampton and Swansea .With everyone fit and Success improving we will fear no one and that has not happened since the GT days . we are going places COYH

6. Chris 13

Chris 13 Well-Known Member

We seem to have decided to play tight against those we percieve as our direct competition - a mini league - like we did last year.
    Hopefully we are more expansive next week.
    I read that Parayra is equal top running the most distance. It's great that he is prepared to put a shift in but I would prefer he is released to play higher up and affect the attacking plays. Recently I haven't seen players making runs and creating space behind for the midfield to run into. Maybe it is because other teams have read quickly what we are about and shut down those options? Last week at Middlesborough every time we broke they made cynical fouls particularly on Parayra & Success.

Hornet-Fez likes this.
  7. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

The game panned out much as I thought it would, except for the win, the draw was a fair result, and while the first half was poor from both teams thought the second half was entertaining even as a 0-0 draw, fair result and thought you moved the ball around well, defensively you were very good, shame though Siggy's shot hit the post, all the best for the rest of the season!.................<laugh>

8. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

We were very good in both games with Man City and Liverpool - Liverpool put the screws on for 20 minutes but we finished strongly in both. Man City got a deflected gaol to goal (again) and we conceded two break aways when going for the win as we did against Liverpool. Arsenal was lost IMO by Bradley breaking the Amat / der Hoorn partnership and returning Taylor & Fernandez. On Saturday we had no midfield and created only one chance although we did have a few long range efforts, we tried playing long ball but I thought we were as poor as we've been for 20+ months.
    Bradely will hopefully find a successful product or we will end up counting this ground breaking experiment as a big failure.