1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea v Liverpool

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

I'm not interested in other teams, and to be fair Borja hasn't played much - in fact hardly at all.

2. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

3. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

First league start. He's been injured the past 5 weeks.

4. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

I have said on other threads that our poor transfer dealings, not only this season, but last season as well are as a direct result of Huw Jenkins tunnel vision, he is clearly now overplaying his hand, and he is the reason more than anything why we are now in this mess............<ok>

5. DragonPhilljack

6. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Just got back and I am sorry to say it is the same old same old. I saw the starting line up ad again for me it was set up to try and stifle Liverpool and try and nick something and it worked for 45 mins. But you cant just let teams come at you for 45 mins and expect to get anything out of it. It was a similar performance to that of Man City.

The back 4 played well and gave it everything, but eventually if you go deeper and deeper a mistake will happen and we will concede. I don't really know what to say but chance wise I would love to see it I can remember 3 for us. We are at home for **** sake give it a ****ing go, we've got nothing out of sitting and trying to get a draw so why not have a go. We have possibly our most creative player in Siggy, sitting out on the left wing where he is just out of his comfort zone we need him involved where he can create something or get us a goal. He is as someone says trying to put round pegs in square holes. I thought Fer had a good first half but tires so badly and he isn't even getting back and defending.

I still maintain despite that I feel this is our weakest squad since we are in the Pl, that our players are better than what we are seeing from them. Who the person is to get that out of them I don't know, but I am not paid masses of money to make that decision. I am not convinced that either mangers mentioned as a replacement are right for us. But if it is just a change of policy and playing a bit more attacking football and not going down with a whimper then I suppose I am ready for a change.

Our next game is Away at Arsenal and I fear for us there, our away form is pathetic and if we go there to hang on it could be a massacre.

All in all not a bad performance, but if the manager had just a bit more belief in his players to go forward and not been so negative, I think we could have got something today.

One last thing can we not put Ki anywhere near the first team squad again. I have always been a fan, the guy is shot and of no use to us as he is.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  7. DragonPhilljack

Boro doing us a favour?...............<laugh>

Kairdiff losing 2-0 to the mighty Burton!!....................<party>

8. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

I think that's the worst miss I've seen at The Liberty, even worse than Kuqi's a few years back!

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  9. PGFWhite

Liverpool have beaten the Swans, Chelsea and Arsenal on the road this season and drawn with Spurs. They have only lost once - to Burnley, who parked the bus and hit them on the break.

10. trundles left foot

And what am I not allowed to say what I think because they won a few games. But your argument might hold a bit of sway if we had any pace in our starting 11 which would allow us to hit them on the break, but we didn't.

11. Kifflom!

Kuqi's miss was worse - by some way.

PGFWhite and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  12. PGFWhite

You can say what you want, I didn't say anything to the contrary, I merely stated facts which show that even the top footballing sides haven't beaten Liverpool by playing football this season and they've got bucketloads of pace in their teams.

We seem to be caught in a half way house, trying to contain teams while also trying to play some football. I can imaging us playing like Burnley, a lot of fans would slaughter Guidolin, but it proved effective for Burnley.

There are times when you just have to accept that some teams are better than you. In the past week we have played Liverpool and Man City. We were beaten by two better teams.

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  13. Kifflom!

If only it was that simple. Neither City nor Liverpool were at their best, even though I agree we played well for large patches of both games.

14. trundles left foot

Yes I agree teams are better than you or should I say have better players than you. But we have managed in the past to turn them over at home and normally that is by having a go at them instead of playing for a point.

ValleyGraduate12, Stumpy and Kifflom! like this.
  15. Kifflom!

Also, if teams that are better than you should win every time why bother playing at all? Leicester wouldn't have won the League last season at all following that logic.

16. PGFWhite

Do you think Man City have had a better team since they have been in the Premiership? Possibly the same with Liverpool. Have we got our worst team since we've been in the Premiership?

We have managed things in the past, which our current squad may not be capable of.

17. PGFWhite

Neither City or Liverpool were at their best. Coincidence?

18. PGFWhite

Leicester won the League title because they were the best team in the League!

19. trundles left foot

You may be right, I still believe our players are better than they are showing, Siggy on the left wing, not so sure that we are playing people in the right areas and his talent is wasted out there.

So the great Man city who are stronger this year i agree,Yet a poor Celtic side took the game to City in the week and got a point out of them. I am just saying we have better layers and if put in a system that suits them we could and will pick up the wins against the top side as we have done in the past.

Stumpy and DragonPhilljack like this.
  20. PGFWhite

I'm assuming Siggy is out wide because basically he's the best crosser in the Club, so as to put some crosses in for Llorente and Baston. Unfortunately he's not getting many in. Not sure where Montero is, an injury was rumoured, but a lot of our own fans were calling him a waste of space last season. Dyer is injured so that leaves us with routs and Barrow. Barrow looked out of his depth when he came on. He's ok with the ball at his feet, but in a tight match against the top teams he seems a bit clueless as to where he is even supposed to be.

Celtic v Man City (minus the in form Kevin de Bruyne). Yes they gave them a run for their money in a great open game, but Celtic can put their feet up until the next Champions League match!

As for systems, the Club appointed Guidolin who was known to use different systems. They knew what they were getting! The Board seem keen to get rid of him so he's a dead man walking.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
    DragonPhilljack likes this.