1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Swansea v Chelsea

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by george the blue, Sep 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

A lot more than you dithery old Teapots!..................<laugh>

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    swantastic likes this.
  2. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

Super rich, used to buy titles, massive waged, no expense spared, title and European champion wannabes again 2
    Little old SWANSEA pride of WALES 2

What happened guys ?

3. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

You might want to revisit this, your football knowledge seems a little out of date <ok>

swantastic likes this.
  4. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

4 games in or should we give the title to Man City now? Clearly Chelsea are out of the title race because they drew with little old Swansea<doh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

swantastic likes this.
  5. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

And united are special?<laugh>

Blueman and swantastic like this.
  6. armchairblue

You got lucky,simple as that.

swantastic likes this.
  7. swantastic

Nah mate it`s probably one of us bottom half teams turn again to win the title you top teams aint what you used to be <laugh>

8. armchairblue

United definitely ain't..... not even manchesters numb 1<laugh>......

9. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

Barcelona should just exit the Champions league and concede the La liga after 3 games to Madrid after losing at home to Alaves right?<laugh>

swantastic likes this.
  10. swantastic

utd are very generous they like giving us a double <cheers> did you notice yesterday our ball boys are built like brick outhouses now thats why hazard was quiet all game <laugh>

DragonPhilljack and LIBERTARIAN like this.

11. armchairblue

<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>....... i've fond memories of swansea......remember a club called harpers.Gorgeous chicks.

12. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I love this thread.
    Last seasons 12th placed team bragging about getting a fortunate (ref assisted) point against last seasons 10th placed team, now somehow United and City have been brought into it <laugh>

13. swantastic

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  14. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

Having lived in Swansea I can say there is nothing classy about the place. They call it that ugly lovely town for a reason, but, and perhaps more aptly, is called also the graveyard of ambition. I did love a good sesh down wind street though. One of the best nights out you'll ever have!

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  15. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

You'd have to come from Swansea to understand the significance of the "ugly lovely Town" quote.

Swansea is often referred to as being "the graveyard of ambition" by the very many people who have studied/worked there, and subsequently decided not to leave.

Not coming from the City, you wouldn't understand the significance/ meaning of the phrases. you quote.

The fact that you enthuse over Wind Street, and find nothing "classy" about Swansea itself, speaks volumes for YOUR lack of class.

16. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

Listen here butt, I spent enough time living there over the years to know exactly what those phrases mean, being part welsh and having lived in various places in Wales for most of my childhood.
    As a student there, wind street was a quality night out but let's face it it was there or the kings way. The local pubs were good but not so much for the student and no student in their right mind is going to go drinking in Town Hill.
    Be very careful about quoting class on public forums. You know nothing about me or my knowledge of various places. Swansea is a ****ter. The people who live there know it and those who don't, know it too.
    I love the place but it's about as classy as the brass who used to hang out in Barons.

17. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

It seems I touched a nerve end there , butty.

So you lived in Swansea off and on/on and off, but that doesn't mean you are actually a Swansea person.

Swansea has to be in your blood to know what I am referring to, and getting pissed and chasing a few imported slappers on a night out in Wind Street, hardly qualifies. But to you, that's REAL classy. <laugh><laugh><laugh>.

swantastic likes this.
  18. swantastic

To be fair the chelsea fans ive talked to before our games over the years have been a good laugh, always good for a bit of banter, and even though you are the medias darlings most of the time, something we aint. I still look forward to our games as one of the best of the season to watch, and our next one has added spice to it after Sundays drama <cheers>
    I love SWANSEA as i suppose you love london ? I`ve been all over but always glad to return to my city by the sea with the Gower peninsular on our door step why would any jack want to live anywhere else long term ! :emoticon-0152-heart

19. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Its all good bantz.
    Nothing against Swansea, good to see a club rise up and secure a PL position (and even grab a league cup on the way).
    You guys are a cemented PL team now <applause>

Just keep your ball boys away from Hazard though <laugh>

20. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

You have a point, but remember that it was a main target during the second world war, it was pretty much flattened as was large parts of London, the only difference being Swansea did not get the money to rebuild like London did. Swansea has the benefit of sitting on the Gower peninsular, with it's 1st area status within the Uk of outstanding natural beauty, the Ugly Town label came from Dylan Thomas, and reflects much of it's Industrial past, and I can remember getting on a train from Skewen to Swansea and witnessing the lunar landscape of the Swansea basin with the remains of the copper slag of the 1800's, it was a desolate place back then (1960) and with the old industrial dockland to also, it was rightly called by Dylan his 'Ugly lovely town' but all that has gone, the Liberty stadium now stands on the site of the old industrial Copper past, the Docklands have been converted into Marina's as with many centres in the UK, the main centre still lacks class, as you rightly put it, compared to other urban centres, mainly due to decades of inept Labour council miss management, but there is now a recognition that something serious needs to be done. There is an interested London consortium of developers that want to pump 2 Billion into the City centre, what that will do is anyone's guess, but we are slowly moving away from the Ugly bit and I hope that the Local authority will finally have some vision for the City.

I live on the Gower coast on the edge of a village called Penclawdd, I don't shop in Swansea due to the parking issues of the City, and the poor shopping experience, the experience is not a good one compared say to Cardiff, but then Swansea has for many years been starved of funds just like many urban centres in the North of England, I do think that there is now a ground swell to put things right, I don't know when the last time you visited Swansea, but things are changing for the better, and Tourism is up significantly this year, I should know, I see the traffic during the summer months, I suppose we have got used to taking the Ugly with the lovely, but it's all changing now, there is development all over Swansea, I actually love the place................<ok>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.