1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Swansea Transfer Thread - Rumours and Real

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by ProjectVRD, May 20, 2013.

1. ivoralljack

ivoralljack Well-Known Member

Fallen out of form and favour lately and his scoring record of 25/193 is modest to say the least. Now the good bits: he's fast, tricky, strong on the ball for a little guy, with a bagful of tricks, flicks and dummies. At just 20 years old, he can only get better with Laudrup coaching him and he's a crowd pleaser to be sure. I know he's another midfielder but one with massive potential who can challenge for a first team spot immediately. Interesting.

2. The Union Jack - RIP Bessian

They call him the Spanish Messi apparently! Doesn't that sounds a mouthwatering prospect. I watched a few vids of him on the the old tube of u and he looks class. His ball control looks excellent. I would be delighted he joined, as I said I can't see it happening though.

3. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

4. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

5. Bap666

Bap666 Well-Known Member

It seems we have reached our limit on our shopping spree in Spain. Although ML doesn't mention the possibility of any other foreign player!! Does this mean he is going to stick with Donnelly as a back up striker along with Michu when needed, or, as he got someone else lined up??

http://m.thisissouthwales.co.uk/story.html?aid=19516065&category=sport

6. barcastyle

barcastyle Member

We do want one more striker. A 2nd stiker will be signed within few weeks.

7. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Di Santo anyone ? a tricky player who will (with the right service create and put chances away) well he's not spanish as such but he'll have no problem communicating ;)

Swansea City Leading The Chase For Free Agent Forward Franco Di Santo
    by Michael Oliver July 14th, 2013

Comments Tweet

Liberty Stadium side pursue out of contract Argentine.

Swansea look set to sign free agent attacking Franco di Santo in the coming days, after it was revealed he will not be joining West Brom, according to the Birmingham Mail.

The Midlands paper reported that the former Wigan striker will reject the advances of West Brom, in favour of a move to the Liberty Stadium with Swansea. Having held talks with both clubs, Di Santo looks set to reveal his future in the coming days after this tweet: “Soon I will have some news about my future in the next season !!! Positive 100%.”

The Swans’ addition of the 24-year old forward will make him the clubs ninth addition of the window to date, with manager Michael Laudrup also having brought in Liverpool midfielder Jonjo Shelvey and re-signed Villarreal midfielder Jonathan de Guzman on a season-long loan deal. Swansea have already brought in a striker, £12million signing from Vitesse Arnhem Wilfried Bony has joined the club, snubbing a move to West Ham in the process.

The Baggies are already looking at numerous other targets who can fill the same role Di Santo would’ve done. Lille forward Salomon Kalou is a target for both West Brom and the Hammers this summer, as the clubs fight over the £2.5million rated Ivorian, formerly of Chelsea. They have also brought in another former Chelsea star Nicolas Anelka to the club.

Steve Clark has also enquired about the possibility of bringing back Romelu Lukaku on loan from Chelsea, but manager Jose Mourinho is adamant the Belgian will play a more prominent role. The club are also in contact with free agent winger Florent Malouda, following his release from Chelsea.

8. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

9. ivoralljack

This guy scores for fun and is a terrific prospect. We'll do our own prospects no harm if we can land him for the season.

10. barcastyle

barcastyle Member

John Guidetti on loan to Swansea City would be great. Imagine Guidetti, Bony and Michu as striker options.
    That would give us fantastic attacking power.

11. Terror ball

Terror ball Well-Known Member

Peniel Mlapa has been linked (online rumour, probably an agent behind it) - for £3 million

6ft 5 German/African (Togo) centre forward who plays regular for the German U-21 team; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peniel_Mlapa

Can't see it myself, more of a Cardiff / Aston Villa / West Ham signing.

12. ivoralljack

His height would certainly give us a different option but he's hardly prolific with 18 in 107 games. His German U21 record is far more like it with 8 in 21.

Still he's young and, if there is any truth in the rumour, he must have been vetted by our scouts and they see potential. Interesting but not exciting.

13. barcastyle

barcastyle Member

Peniel Mlapas German U21 record 8 goals / 21 apps is interesting though. His 6ft 5 is giving us different attacking options. Agree an interesting young target.

14. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Andy MacFarlane alert !!!

15. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

16. Bap666

Bap666 Well-Known Member

Just heard on the sports news Wenger looking at a bid for Michu if Suarez deal doesn't come off. Personally not concerned as I think Michu has set his stall out for the season with us aswell as being cup tied. Just be glad when the window is shut.

17. Alberto Balsalm

The acquisition of Bony has got to be one of the most shrewd examples of judgement by a club this summer. I have been a fan of Bony for a number of seasons and I think he will have a vital influence for Swansea and the league. Fantastic buy.

18. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

With the prices of this window, start the bidding at 30million please Wenger.

19. Terror ball

Terror ball Well-Known Member

....and the rest!

Seeing as they were prepared to pay £40 million for Suarez to add 20+ goals and as there are only 2 & 1/2 weeks until the window shuts....
    they can pay £40 million for Michu or **** off

If I was Huw and I could get £40 million with a week or so to go I'd probably take it.
    We could replace Michu, buy a top drawer back up centre-forward and buy a top class winger for that money (in the last week of the transfer window).....I'd line those deals up now and then when Arsenal come knocking give them the figure we need to make this happen - non negotiable.

Wouldn't begrudge Michu the move. He has been a gentleman and a professional in the year he's been here. At his age, if he's going to have a crack at a Champions League club, he needs to move now or next summer.....contrast to that brat, troublemaker, Suarez....why should we accept less?

20. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Can't see him going to Arsenal, he plays the same position as Carzola. Maybe 40million and Ramsay would do the trick ;)