1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Swansea Game

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Yellows, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Yellows

Yellows Member

Just seen that the Swansea game on April 9th is going to be shown on Sky.

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~2287625,00.html

I know instantly what I thought... could this possibly be the kiss of death for Norwich in a game which could prove vital at the end of the season? And then I feel slightly foolish for my first reaction, for we have overturned so many expectations since PL took over and is it now reasonable for us to ignore all the hoodoo's that usually go along with being a city supporter?

I was wondering what everyones thoughts are on superstitions and supposed jinxes and bogey teams in football.

I know I am terribly superstitious, always wearing my NC pins to the game. Always sitting until the players come on the pitch and then standing to clap. Even to the score prediction of burgers to hot-dog ratio we eat before the game.

2. Dangerous Marsupial

Dangerous Marsupial Well-Known Member

3. Yellows

Yellows Member

Ah, yeah, sorry for the duplicate, don;t have time to read them all. >_<

As for the Ipswich game, the truly superstitious would say it was the difference between being on the BBC and SKY. ;)

4. Dangerous Marsupial

Dangerous Marsupial Well-Known Member

But the only logical explanation of not performing on TV would be the pressure of being watched on TV (Although I doubt this would affect the players) which would be even greater on the Beeb with more people watching!