1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea City v. Watford

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Oct 16, 2016.

1. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

No.I have drunk in the same pub for the past 30 years,apart from when I was overseas and it is the first time I have witnessed the problem in that public house today.
    Maybe you should get off your settee,stop drinking red wine and get out more.

Ignorant.

2. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Have you not heard that red wine is better for the health, including blood pressure?

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  3. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Yes.Maybe you should,along with the loud mouth Watford fan who stood in the bar doorway screaming"All you Watford c##ts get out here and get at 'em" adhere to it.

Are you still on your settee drinking it?

4. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think you are confusing yourself. Yes and no! :emoticon-0100-smile

5. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

No.

Thats the red wine you drink.

6. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Nos Da.

Stay alert.

7. JackPA26

JackPA26 Active Member

Although disappointed we didn't get 3 points yesterday, I'm hopeful we will be moving in the right direction soon enough.

First of all, I was surprised, and pleased, that BB made the changes he did at the back. After he picked Taylor last week I was concerned he was going to fall for all the 'talk' from Taylor. In hindsight, I think it was a case of BB saying 'show us what you've got....either put up or shut up'. Taylor didn't perform last week so hopefully he's been put in his place. The changes for me showed he's not afraid to do things his way and I thought the substitution and set up change was a good one....and really should have led to a win.

Looking ahead at the fixtures we have another tough run, but we are most definitely able to pick up 3-4 points from the next 4 games.....we are due something at Stoke and Palace at home has to be targeted for 3. Then in Dec we have 6 games which will be critical to our chances of staying up. We will definitely have some 3 point opportunities and I think that if we can get to 20 points by end of Dec, we will be in a position to kick on, and better placed than last year.....with a Jan window available to let BB strengthen.

While I remain extremely pissed off with the board, I feel quite positive about BB. Having lived in the US for 13 years and been a part of youth soccer coaching (albeit u10), I can only say how dedicated they are to improving the game at grass roots and they are very organized, focussed and work very hard. We are seeing this in BB already and it can only do good IMO.

8. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

You weren't at The Plough and Harrow were you? I heard there was a bit of trouble there from the Watford Under 12's. One of the lads who sits near me said he was threatened to which he replied "I'm 55 for ****s sake", lol. He said it was like being back in the Fourth Division . It's a problem we rarely see in the Premiership these days and it's surprising coming from Watford who most would see as a trouble free match. As pointed out above, we are no angels, all clubs have their under 12 element, but it's still unusual to see it happen these days.

9. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

Rather than it being a “Must Win” game yesterday, I felt it was a “Must Not Lose” game and the bottom line was that we didn’t. It was always going to be a tight affair, but I wasn’t expecting it to be that tight!

Overall we played reasonably well and created chances, which we didn’t convert – but at least we did create chances. Borja looked lost in the first half and it became apparent that Llorente would have been the ideal starter as his physical presence caused Watford problems when he came on. We’ve paid top money for these two strikers, lets hope we can find a starting role for the pair of them in future matches.

A few have commented how bold Bob was in his selection. Initially I was surprised, but when most posters on here, including myself, would have started with Kingsley and van de Hoorn anyway, the selection becomes less bold.
    The inclusion of Hawson was his real statement and it worked. He gave a solid performance, but I reserve judgement on him until he’s played against the likes Aguero, Costa and Sturridge!

Our midfield remains the key to our success/failure. We still don’t know our best personnel or formation which suits us best. This will determine if we get relegated this season. We are paying heavily for our lack of investment in this area over several seasons and the failing to sign Joe Allen is starting to haunt us. He could have played for us for the next decade.

With twenty minutes to go I thought we could have brought Fer on, just to give us a bit more of a goal threat from midfield, but at least we finished the game on top, rather than hanging on.

Stoke away next, I’d take another 0-0 now, let’s just hope that Joe Allen...................

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  10. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

After the run of losses and hard games against the top clubs that we used to compete against better and even beat, then a draw in a game we looked like winning again is better than a hiding with heads down, so glass half full of hope with lots more work to do and a big pinch of luck would help as we near the half way !
    We need Bob to do well and so far he looks committed to the cause so if he can squeeze every ounce of quality out of what he's got to work with then source some much needed quality strength in depth for the January anti sales then who knows ? Bit early to write us off yet but those precious elusive wins need to be found soon or the rut will get very deep .
    65% happy with yesterday's effort mostly for the 2 nd half.

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.

11. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Really enjoyed this Stump , ...cheers

Stumpy likes this.