1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea City v Middlesbrough

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Mar 27, 2017.

1. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

We need a new RB and 2 CBs, replacement for Leon as Carroll pussies out of every 50/50, replacements for Monty, Routs, Barrow, Ki and Dyer, 2 new strikers at least and a replacement for Gylfi.

That makes it 12 players. We're ****ed regardless of staying up or going down <yikes>

2. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Lost all interest? He's the only one that looked like scoring.

3. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Valley he has looked poor and if you think he is the only player that looks like scoring then that sums up exactly what a poor side we have been under Clems charge...I would say Gylfi has been average and he is still our best player...

4. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Your officially out of your mind ...

swanseaandproud likes this.
  5. swanseaandproud

I think if we get relegated then we will continue to slide down the leagues if there is not a massive investment in players and a change of direction. Even if we stay up we need to do the same anyway.....Apart from the Playing side we have one of the best Facilities in the premiership and now every effort must be put towards producing a team worthy of such facilities and that can only be done with a massive investment on players and staff.....

6. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

You don't think those players need replacing?

7. swanseaandproud

Yes we do need to replace players but not like for like as that will be a waste of money and a pointless waste of time....My hope is that Jenkins will be replaced....

55282 likes this.
  8. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

We made enough chances to win the game on Sunday, same against Hull, we should have been 2 up at halftime and same against Bournemouth. On Sunday there were 3 clear tap ins that went begging. We're not putting our chances away and that's whats killing us, we can't score goals.

I'd like to see a play maker up front along side Llorente, old school football. Llorente is a classic CF imo who would benefit from having a busy play maker buzzing around him, feeding off him. When the ball comes into the area Llorente has one option, head for goal. Be nice if he had a choice in the box and a partner in crime would keep defenders off of him. Remember Toshack and Keegan and if your ancient like me Peter Osgood and Charlie Cook and the terrible twins, Andy Cole (get well soon) not so old school but he and his partner Dwight Yorke tormented teams. I thought Baston could be that guy but now I don't know but our style does lend itself to playing an old school 10 along side our old school 9.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017