1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea City v Middlesbrough

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Mar 27, 2017.

1. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

We have been the better side in all our last 4 games kiff and that shows lack of management skill in changing things around to score goals. We rely far too much on Gylfi and Llorentte to get the goals and you cant win games like that however much you control the possession....We need more players taking any opportunity they get to take a shot at goal instead of trying to pass it ......Our season is all but over now as it will be Hull or us to get the last relegation spot and I think Hull have more about them than us to get safe...

2. swanseaandproud

What the managers said
    Swansea manager Paul Clement: "Any point you get is valuable but we are disappointed not to win the game.

"They had a big chance at the end but they didn't have an attempt on target in the whole game so a defeat would have been harsh.

"You never know how valuable that point could be. It is tight at the bottom, there are eight games to go and we remain very positive."

The idiot thinks we have 8 games left...<doh> and we will be ok....Not by his game plans we wont...

3. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

You have got 8 games left ?????

swans-m and DragonPhilljack like this.
  4. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

<laugh>..That will be Dai!!!, just for Dai, we have 5 games in April, and 3 games in May, which makes a grand total of 8......... <ok>

ValleyGraduate12 and Stumpy like this.
  5. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

6. swanseaandproud

I know we have 8 games left <doh> but we have wasted the last 4 winnable games so what makes fans think we can win any of the last 8 games.....I cant see any winnable games anything like the last 4 were...that is my point...

7. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Well one of those winnable games you won. You also won your 2 home games prior to that and went away to Liverpool and won - under a manager you call an idiot who has got you out of the drop zone. Llorente was clearly a big miss today.

You keep making pretty sh!t points Dai.<laugh>

8. Smoggo

Smoggo Active Member

We are sh ite and relegated. THE END

9. DragonPhilljack

Having a £15million striker on the bench we don't use and a £10million valued striker on loan to France really underlines how badly run this club has been these last few seasons, with a game crying out for subs today, and fresh legs, you begin to wonder what drugs our coaching staff are on. The lack of urgency from our players was a real concern for me also, it's clear to me we have a very fickle bunch of players, who I would personally like to kick up there collective arses........<ok>

PS: Clements tactics these last two games is utter garbage.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  10. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Again we failed to capitalise on our supremacy because, again, no one from midfield attacked the penalty area. Personally I think Gylfi had a poor game, lots industry, one memorable shot but he is becoming one dimensional, always looking to shoot first regardless of whats in front of him. He never got himself into the box once because he is hanging around the D waiting for his shot.

We attack from the flanks these days and on Sunday there were several decent balls in and a few corkers which fizzed across the 6yd box. Fer was the only midfielder running into the box but to get there he had to run past a stationary Siggy. He isn't the quickest so couldn't reach any of the several dangerous balls which came in from wings. He could have had a hat-trick of tap ins if he was quicker but it shouldn't just be up to him to do this. Siggy has to get in and attack the area too instead of waiting outside the box where he can be marked up and closed down by an expectant defense every time he gt the ball.

Ayew looked neat and tidy so did Carroll and Cork but no real cutting edge from any. Narsigh looked out of his depth, Gylfi looked like he was playing on his own. Naughton forgot his role a couple of times, Olsson got injured but looked like the only player we've got with any kind of edge to him. Boro were so poor up front Fabs could have brought a hammock and watched the game from there, even so our defense still managed to get away with it only because Boro are so shi te up front.

Another coulda shoulda game. We have 8 left, someone tell Dai, and we're running out of excuses. 4pts from our last 4 games isn't good enough to stay up, we need more from everyone

11. seabreeze

Fer could have and should have scored late , we could have used that extra 2 points in the table and in the confidence department . I hope Llorente comes back and gets us through the relegation battle BUT ... we will need to do a lot of work in summer if we are to stay up next season.. that is if we stay up this season . Pretty sure Siggy and Llorente will leave in the summer and Baston will be sent away . We will need to buy some real bite in the final third this summer and a bit on defence ... a RB so Naughton can back both RB and LB . Need a good game against the Spurs , regardless of points .. but points would be a godsend .

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  12. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

He never got into the box because Clement keeps playing him on the wing instead of sitting him just in front of the midfield. Why, why Clement didn't pull off Fer/Carroll/Cork, put Monty on the wing and Gylfi in his BEST position I do not understand.
    Gylfi for me, is the only player we have that looked like scoring yesterday. The trouble is, he cannot keep bailing us out week after week.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  13. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

We need a new squad, at least 8 signings that are upgrades on the current dross.

14. seabreeze

I would have put Fer up front rather than Ayew , with Siggy in the middle .. but that's me .

Stumpy and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  15. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

This is the problem for me, if Gylfi is going to be wasted on the wing, might as well put him up front. At least he's then right in front of goal.

We needed to win yesterday and Clement bottled it for me.

16. seabreeze

Fer is stronger and fits the role up front better .

17. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

We've been saying that for 3 years

18. swanseaandproud

Gylfi has lost all interest looking at his game, We know full well he can play much better and he looks to be waiting for the season to end so he can leave free of injury imo....He has been nothing but average lately that shows he don't give a toss really. Why did Clem select the bench he did and not use a single one of them.....I cant understand that at all as he had a £15m striker ready to play and its no good rubbishing him if he is not given the chance. The man should have taken over the strikers role the minute Llorentte got injured ffs. .....There is only one way we can guarantee staying up now and that is to win all 8 remaining games and there is more chance of winning the Lottery, We have lost control and now we have to hope we can win some of the games left and hull go on a bad run. It would be great if palace was to go on a bad loosing streak as well but with Fat Sam at the helm that is unlikely ....The saying goes that it is not over until the Fat Lady sings and I believe that but the fat Lady is approaching the stage.....

19. DragonPhilljack

@swanseaandproud Approaching the stage? More like clearing her throat!...............<laugh>

swanseaandproud likes this.
  20. seabreeze

I think our midfield is good as is . A little defensive tweak and a striker overhaul if Llorente leaves and were good to go . All our probl;ems this season was " To many Chiefs and almost enough Indians "

neveroffsidereff likes this.