1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea City v Middlesbrough

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

2. swans-m

swans-m Well-Known Member

Our most winnable game remaining and Clement has ****ing bottled it. Where were the subs? Utter ****

3. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Fully agree. Clement is starting to look a little clueless and unable to change things.

4. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

**** off Treble <grr>

Treble likes this.
  5. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Clement is starting to show his limitations, he has no plan B whatsoever, and with Llorente out we offer absolutely nothing, we played today as if we were safe, against a very poor Boro side, Ayew is nothing short of a passenger, and should have been subbed at half time, Clements cowardly approach in not bringing on Monty or McBurnie is unforgivable, and cost us 3 points, and the win, sick of this season.................<ok>

swanseaandproud and Kifflom! like this.
  6. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Trust me, I feel your pain!

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  7. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

We were the better side and Boro are ****e but that was like watching two average Championship sides cruising mid-table. One player of Prem quality out of the 20 outfield players but that wasn't enough.

Way too casual, lacking any sort of intensity, no guile, and topped by poor decisions from Clement. Simply not good enough and we got what we deserved. The Championship beckons and we thoroughly deserve it.

8. DragonPhilljack

Next month:

Tottenham
    West Ham
    Watford
    Stoke City
    Man Utd

After today cannot see where our next 3 points will come from, looking more like we will drop back into the bottom three and three of the above games are away!............<ok>

9. MasterOfNone

MasterOfNone Active Member

Boro have 5th best defence in the league

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  10. Kifflom!

True, and there's always an excuse if we look for it. But we STILL lacked intensity, guile and skill. Piss poor.

DragonPhilljack likes this.

11. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

They've scored 3 goals in 2017 and Clement refused to throw the kitchen sink at them. If Hull beat them Wednesday we will drop back into the bottom 3 and that's us dead and buried then as I cannot see where our next win comes from.

Our game plan today effectively was, pray for Gylfi to score or create a tap in.

DragonPhilljack and Kifflom! like this.
  12. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

I was disappointed he didn't start with Borja or Mcburnie but with half an hour left I think he decided it was better to stick with one point rather than losing three. It means we stay four ahead of Boro and one ahead of Hull and if the season ends like that I will be happy. I think Boro and Sunderland are gone and it's between us and Hull for the third place. Don't expect anything from Spurs but am hopeful we will get something from West Ham.

13. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Strangely I think we'll beat Spurs. Just have a feeling.

14. MasterOfNone

MasterOfNone Active Member

You're absolutely right. Hell we could have risked Monty, put Siggy in the middle and played anyone up front and we'd have a chance of scoring. We've got to start thinking of the future so no idea why McB didn't come on. Same with playing Fer out of position last game. We need to start grabbing our position by the balls and wrestling us out of it

15. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

If you go down (and I dont think you will as long as Llorente and Gylfi are fit) it wont be Paul Clements fault but the fault of those who made seriously bad decisions earlier this season.

Clement is doing all he can with a group of players he inherited and hes done a decent job.

Boro are not going to roll over and give you the 3 points and theres probably little difference between both sides.

That result today makes their task of avoiding the drop I think too big. I think thats a good point for your lot today.

16. DragonPhilljack

Hilts hope your right!...........<ok>

17. Kifflom!

Don't buy that at all. Ludicrous. A point at home against one of the worst sides in the League who are below us and have a very ordinary record away? Really?

18. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Abysmal performance.

19. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Bad decisions of the last 2-3 years, including our transfer policy. It's our transfer policy and Huw Jenkins that's left us in this position. Nobody will blame Clement, everyone will blame the big nosed twat who cashed in along with the other Judas'. This all started when Morgan couldn't keep it in his pants and Monk allegedly sided with the board over Dyer etc.

swans-m likes this.
  20. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

We will go down now and after 5 winnable games with no win and they were our best chance of getting safe we are heading back to the lower leagues and we deserve too.....Out goes Gilfi and out goes Lorentte and good luck to them as they deserve to play a better standard of football than we can give them....Hull have more fight and a far better manager than us to have any confidence in Clems one trick all talk no ability management style........A big clear out for championship football starting with Clements and start afresh going back to basics.......We will struggle in the championship with what we have minus Gylfi and Llorentte....