1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea City v. Manchester United

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Well having slept on it, I still feel as despondent as I did witnessing it yesterday afternoon.....

The only positive is that we've got an International break which means we don't have to watch us lose next weekend....

PGFWhite and London_Jack like this.
  2. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

These international breaks pi$$ me off....

55282 likes this.
  3. Taffvalerowdy

The Rubgy ones pi$$ me - how can you play League fixtures during the International breaks ?

4. MasterOfNone

MasterOfNone Active Member

My problem with yesterday was the massive amount of respect given to the oppo. The game was screaming for someone just to take man and ball and put one of the big names on the deck but it didn't come (even the commentator was asking for it). There was no leader. As much as people slate Taylor he does show some passion but seemed there was no leadership in the defence (or anywhere for that matter). Hopefully BB will now see the need for two wingers but if one gets injured we have to rely on Routledge who was pi55 poor. Ki only woke up when Leon went off so obviously they can never play together. To me the whole team looked slow and out of ideas from minute 1. Our passing accuracy has fallen off a cliff, maybe down to personnel, and we couldn't string anything together. Time to look again and see if we can start blooding these youngsters.

seabreeze and Stumpy like this.
  5. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

The only effort to close down came from Siggy and to a lesser degree from Leon. Fer has his critics but did show some fight and effort when he came on. Time for Cork and Fulton to come in at least we would have some fight and effort from them.

Stumpy likes this.
  6. Pricy147

Pricy147 Active Member

In my view I believe we will go down - I don't see any recovery from here. I said it before the season started - the summer transfer window will come to haunt us - some were more optimistic in the new strike force - but selling your only goalscorer, plus your three (yes misfiring) other options, and replacing with two; one with promise, the other reaching the end of his career is not inspiring. Then to top it off selling your captain and leader was the final nail in the coffin. I appreciate Ash wanted to go; but almost certainly because he could see the club stagnating and going no where but backwards. Everton were not that far ahead of us a few seasons ago. So for all this talk of 'investment' in the summer - the new owners have already pocketed £10m. If we go down, which now looks highly likely - they will get their money back - probably £10-20m from this years TV deal, £15-20m for Siggy, £10m for Borja, £10m already in the bank, say £5m for Fab, £10m for Barrow and Montero - there's £60m minimum. Then the parachute payments will be creamed off. They cant lose.

We could well be on the start of a spiral back down the divisions - and for me its all tying back to being sold down the river by the old board of directors. You can blame the current playing squad for the lack of effort shown yesterday, and Bradley for his tactics - but the squad is simply not strong enough. Guidoline worked wonders with what he had - and even with him still at the helm - we would struggle to stay up.

January will be too late to save things, and I don't expect any 'investment' then as the new owners will know its too late.

Simple Greed

7. keith gatebroth

keith gatebroth Well-Known Member

Very depressing being a Swans fan at the moment. After yesterdays shambles it's difficult to know where we go from here. I remarked during the first half that the players were not responding to the manager any more, and it showed, but can you blame them with his clueless tactics. The most inept first half of any Swans team I've seen, they just went through the motions.
    The Americans are not going to sack the manager, they'll lose too much face, but it's obvious that with Bob in charge there's only one way we're going. Four games, in charge, one point, and nine goals conceded.
    I think he should do the honourable thing and resign, that is our only chance of rescuing this season from disaster.

8. mason

mason New Member

Leon Britons legs have gone!! He's struggling at premiership level now.. swans need younger blood with cork.

9. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

I agree Amat, Cork or Fulton now.

10. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

Rangel was the plus.
    Some mention Siggurson but he achieved little especially when he marooned himself up front with Borja and Llorente.
    We will not stand a chance until Bradley has gone. Not sure who comes in but if Sam (I'm surprised he's still allied to coach!) my ST is up for sale.

imo we need to have some continuity on team selection and tactics.
    Time for meat and potatoes.
    ...................Fab
    Rangel Amat VdH Kingsley
    ........... Fulton ... Britton
    Barrow .....Fer ........Routledge
    ............. Llorente

Siggy imo has praised Bradly because Guidolin wasn't convinced by his this season and he was being edged out.
    Borja is doing nothing - why did he command that price? At least Llorente will pick up high balls against most teams.
    Fer offers more all round ability as does Routledge.

The main thing is we have a manager / coach who can get the individuals playing as a team.
    Other clubs have weaker squads but better managers.

ValleyGraduate12 and seabreeze like this.

11. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Most clubs get a lift when a new manager comes in, well we have managed to do the opposite. I have been trying to be positive from the minute he was appointed, well I have now realised there is absolutely nothing to be positive about. We have a man in charge who has no idea what is needed to be a successful manger in the PL. He is so far out of his depth it is embarrassing. Some on here can blame the squad, I firmly believe this squad/side is much better than their performances and with the right man in charge (who actually has an idea) we will pick up points, whether that is enough to stay up I doubt now. If we go down and stick with this idiot then L1 will only be another season away.

We were once a club every other club (smaller) wanted to emulate, we have turned into a club that no one would want to copy. Shame on you all.

12. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

...............................................................................Fab

Naughton .................Fernandez ................................................VDH ..........................Kingsley

..................................................Cork ..............................Britton

Routs ............................................................Siggy .......................................................Montero

......................................................................LLorente

This is the line up I'd basically use till the New Year from here.
    Next game vs Everton is a MUST play well and or not lose .
    A none lose , well played away game will build confidence for the rest of the games till New Year .
    Wish we still had Guidolin and Paloschi ,
    If Bradley gets sacked , I hope we hire no one and Curtis and Adams can get a another chance again , they know the team .

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  13. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

" We were once a club every other club (smaller) wanted to emulate, we have turned into a club that no one would want to copy. Shame on you all." (trundles left foot)

This is oh so true.
    I used to get a warm glow when neutrals waxed lyrical about the way Swansea City went about their business both on, and off, the field.
    Now, however, I am embarrassed to hear/read the negativity that is regularly forthcoming from the very same sources.

So, when did it all start to go sour ?

Was it the departure of Michael Laudrup, and the shenanigans between his Agent, and Jenkins ?
    Was it the subsequent appointment of a very inexperienced Garry Monk, as a cheap option replacement for Laudrup ?
    Should Monk have been replaced much sooner than he was ?
    Was appointing Guidolin a massive error of judgement ?

So many possible scenarios, and the more I think about it all, the more confusing it gets.

I miss the "old Swansea City". We charmed the footballing world, from the days of Martinez, through Rodgers, etc.

I do so hate what we have become. A mere shadow of our former selves, and I can see little hope of any change for the foreseeable future.

14. trundles left foot

I believe it was with the departure of Laudrup, I am not saying that it was wrong to end his time. But where we went totally wrong from then on was firstly employing Monk. Yes he got results and I accept that, but from him on the football and entertainment along with winning started to be watered down and got worse and worse as time went on, I believe he should never have been given the job and I said that at the time.. I don't know who was in charge of player recruitment under Rodger and laudrup, but since then there have been more poor signings than good. We were always stable upstairs and that has just folded as well.

So for me the downfall started from the day we went with Monk, Before everyone tells me we had our best finish with him yes we did, but for me under him was when I started to stop enjoying what I was seeing from our side. Just my personal view and I accept others will disagree.

On a side note this is the first year I don't think I will be renewing my season ticket. I always renew in December, definitely not this year if I renew at all. I could not live with myself at the thought of putting my hard earned £800 in the pocket of these money grabbing yanks.

15. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Agree with everything there TLF.

I don't blame you for not renewing your season ticket. I think there will be a lot of people of the same mind.

16. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

Dont worry about season tickets the way its going we`ll be able to pay on the gate again next season !

17. trundles left foot

I think fans need to make a bit of a stand and just wait before renewing, if they do at all. We need to let these money grabbing bastards that we are not happy.

18. Taffvalerowdy

Football365 - their comments on Swansea after yesterday.....

Swansea CityBad. I mean really bad. The kind of bad that makes you check the odds on a team finishing bottom of the Premier League, seeing the price of 5/1 and considering it. The kind of bad that makes you watch Match of the Day 2 five hours after the game finishes to check it was really as bad as you thought, and realising it was worse. The kind of bad that makes you check to see that Swansea didn’t sell four of their first-team players from last season without you noticing. If Bob Bradley didn’t already know that he had a job on his hands, he does now.

One huge worry for Swansea’s new manager is that there is no discernible fight from a group of players whose comparative quality makes fight a vital tool. The squad is littered with players who are not good enough, not good enough anymore or not good enough yet: Angel Rangel, Modou Barrow, Alfie Mawson, Stephen Kingsley, Leon Britton, Wayne Routledge. Ask yourself whether any of those would excel in a Championship promotion-winning team.

The sale of Ashley Williams might just have been the removal of the glue holding Swansea together. Their defence on Sunday – Mawson (who is still young and highly-regarded, Rangel, Kingsley and Van der Hoorn – is worse than at least four or five Championship teams, and every other Premier League team. Just in front and behind them, Leroy Fer and Lukasz Fabianski are left with far too much work to do.

In addition, the two strikers on whom Swansea have gambled their Premier League survival are also struggling for service and form. Fernando Llorente has had three shots on target since the opening day, while Borja Baston has had two in total. The pair need to click and click quickly if Bradley’s team are not to be cast adrift.

19. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

For me, that's the issue. I don't mind getting a season ticket if we're in the Championship, to me that's our true level for a city our size. It's a league filled with great clubs.

The issue, is who the money is going to. It feels grubby and it doesn't feel right.

Rather than hand over my cash in one lump sum, I think I'll make the bastards work for it.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  20. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Totally Rubbish reaction....