1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea City v. Manchester United

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image
    Swansea City v. Man United
    please log in to view this image

Barclays Premier League
    Date - Sunday, 6 November 2016
    Kick off - 15:00
    Venue - Liberty Stadium

Six days after their visit to Stoke's Britannia Stadium, Bob Bradley's Swansea team take on Jose Mourinho's Manchester United.

It is more than six months since the Jack Army witnessed a home victory - the last one being a 3-1 win over Liverpool - and the fans will be hoping to witness a third consecutive home victory over the Red Devils.

Whilst the Swans currently find themselves in the relegation zone, United have fallen to 8th in the table - not winning any of their last 4 PL matches & having failed to score in the last 3 (Burnley 0-0, Chelsea 0-4 & Liverpool 0-0). Consequently, United are in as much need of the 3pts as are the Swans - albeit for differing reasons.

Swansea and United have played each other on 27 occasions, with the Swans winning 10, United winning 12 and 5 draws.

In the corresponding fixture last season, Swansea ran out 2-1 victors, staging a stirring comeback to inflict a first defeat of the season on Manchester United.

After the Swans had edged a goalless first half, United took the lead early in the second as Luke Shaw's marauding run and cross set up Juan Mata to blast in from close range.

Andre Ayew headed the hosts level after a swift counter-attack as United conceded their first league goal of the season.

Ayew then provided a marvellous pass for Bafetimbi Gomis, whose shot squirmed under Sergio Romero to give Swansea a third straight win against United.

Turning the attention to Sunday's game, I'm hoping that the Swans can continue their recent good home run against United and grab at least a point. 1-1 <cheers>

2. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Good thread Taff.

Play well tonight and get a point or win and I'll fancy us to beat Utd.

Play poor and lose tonight and I'll go for a Utd win.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  3. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

We haven't played stoke yet. Don't you know that men can't do two things at once? <laugh>

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  4. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

I will take a draw from both tonight and Sunday

5. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Oh my, if Burnley can get a point against 10 men United at Old Trafford, we can win this one right ?

6. PGFWhite

The minimum I expect is for us to put in a performance like we did against Man City and Liverpool, preferably with a better result. That's why we sacked Guidolin and brought Bob in. If we don't have a performance he may as well f*** off back to Le Havre.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  7. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

We'll get stuffed.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  8. PGFWhite

How much is a taxi to Le Havre <laugh>

9. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Bollocks to a taxi, can't we stuff him in a canon and aim him straight at Huws head? <laugh>

PGFWhite likes this.
  10. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

I think your right, teams now know we are no longer a good side, it gives them confidence to get at us, going to be a long tough season, which will make last season look a good one....<ok>

11. London_Jack

London_Jack Well-Known Member

After last night, my prediction is 0-43 including Ibrahimavic with a dozen hat tricks

ValleyGraduate12 and PGFWhite like this.
  12. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Nothing,I'll take him.

13. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Prediction 1-3.

14. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

After calming down and now with a cooler head the stats show we didn't play as badly as most seem to think. The first goal came from Taylor's inability to jump as a half decent defender would have cut the cross out. The second was Mawson and Fer going for the same ball and Rangel misreading the situation and leaving us exposed . So defensive errors cost us the first two goals. Apart from that misjudgement I thought Mawson did ok and I can't remember VDH making a mistake. It's important we get a settled back four and as far as I'm concerned Naughton, VDH, Mawson and Kingsley are the best we've got at the moment and surely must start against Man U. One of Leon or Cork must also be in midfield as KI and Fer don't blend together. Barrow was poor last night but perhaps he didn't get the service from midfield. Fabianski's clearances are poor and the ball keeps coming back to us from them perhaps time for a rest.. I still think we can get something from this game but no predictions because if I was any good with them I would have won the lottery years ago.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  15. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

I am fuming after the Stoke game and we were pathetic despite what stats say, but I am going to still stay positive and we will get a 1-1. My only worry is that Ibra hasn't scored in 8 I think so guaranteed to score against us. so he will get their 1 and Borja with ours.

16. DragonPhilljack

I predict that we will lose this game, but by how much will depend on if we play Taylor,Ki and Fer. It could well be a pivotal moment for the club as we try and come to terms with where we are, and which way to go forward, Bob's credentials will now hang on this game, and if he makes any more schoolboy errors, then he is a dead man walking, he already looks to me to be way out of his depth, and after last nights game we look clueless in the coaching and managerial departments, but then just look at the boardroom.................<ok>

17. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Phil, I wouldn't have Ki or Taylor in the matchday squads let alone starting. I would however have Fer on the bench in case Siggy gets injured. I would start if all fit

Fab
    Naughton, VDH, Mawson Kingsley.
    Barrow Cork, Britton Monterro
    Siggy
    Borja/Llorente​
    Then have a go at them.

18. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Subject to fitness, that's who I'd pick as well!

19. DragonPhilljack

So what will Bob the Flop do for this game Huw? In Huw We Rust!.........................<ok>

20. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Circumstances dictate this line up for me
    ...................................................................................................Fab

.............................Fernandez ..................................................Mawson ..........................................VDH

...............................................................Cork........................................................Britton

Barrow.....................................................Fer ......................................................Siggy...............................................Routs

..............................................................................................Llorente