1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea City v. Crystal Palace

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Nov 20, 2016.

1. BobbyD

BobbyD President

unfortunately for you dai, St Michael will always be known as your most successful manager. He is the only manager as swans to ever win anything (of note).......

2. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

That's why he has lots of stamina, it's because he does **** all defensively <laugh>

3. Kwame B

Kwame B Well-Known Member

I find parallels between Fer and JDG. Both capable of getting on the score-sheet, creating and impressing going forward.
    But then, both frustrating in putting in a shift when on the back foot and can seem dis-interested in the defensive side of the game.

4. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Here we go <laugh>

5. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

Never argue with an idiot(s). They will bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

6. LIBERTARIAN

Never argue with an idiot(s). They will bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.

7. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

I suppose we all have our favourite manager or managers over the years, mine were Martinez and Sousa, the only managers that Huw hasn't fallen out with is Rodgers and Martinez, so Jinx cannot be easy to work along with, though Bob will be the first that will work with Jinx in a less prominent roll, as the real brokers are now the Yanks, would love Sousa to be here now, he'd sort out our inept defending with no problem..............<ok>

8. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Bobby, you forget that Brendan Rodgers won us the premier league and started our odyssey so he has to be our most successful manager doesn't he?.

As for Laudrup, he's a tale of two seasons

Some only remember the good times only of his first season, when I loved him too, but in doing so some, not me, seem to forget the entire history of Swansea City football Club. For them the history of the Mighty Swans started on 15th of June 2012 and ended in May 2013.

Everything else seems irrelevant to them, unless of course it relates to boardroom antics they have little or no knowledge about but their lack of knowledge doesn't stop them as, it would seem, they take great joy and pride in deriding the club and putting it down in favour of their crush for Laudrup. So fervent are their views that I see them staring into a bathroom mirror to look at Laudrups face they have tattooed on their breasts.

Laudrup seems to appeal to the conceited nature of some, in much the same way a vanity plate on a car does.

Others, like me, remember things. We remember his agent and the reason why he was banned from the club, we remember Laudrup passing scouting reports to his agent who subsequently tried to scupper our transfer plans. We also remember Laudrup running scared to France when he was called to book for this and we remember well his announcement of his press conference, where he was going to 'reveal all'. All done to protect his ego imo, but when it came to it all he actually did reveal was that he'd been sacked by email, naughty Swansea. It was later revealed that he'd been sacked by email because he didn't show up in person at the board meeting to face the consequences OF HIS ACTIONS. His press conference was an utter embarrassment, so much so even his agent stood him up and stayed away.

So there is good as well as bad when it comes to Laudrup and the Swans. On balance, when you throw it all together and add it all up his time here equates to zero.

My personal view , I wont forgive anyone who slaps around a loved one of mine and he slapped us good, so **** him, he can burn in Qatar for all I care. Don't mean to upset any Laudrup Luvvies again but its my personal view.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  9. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

It's still Tosh for me. From the Fourth to the First Division - what a journey & what an achievement. The passage of 35 years or so doesn't diminish what Tosh achieved.

That journey ended in sadness, recrimination & rancour. Let's hope the current one doesn't.

Just my opinion re Tosh. Other opinions equally valid and I do care about & respect opposing views! <cheers>

10. LIBERTARIAN

A spite filled post if ever I saw one, with lots of unsubstantiated tit bits.
    You are entitled to your opinion, of course.

Taffvalerowdy, seabreeze and Stumpy like this.

11. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Why thank you for your approval, not that its ever required though <ok>

12. LIBERTARIAN

Agree re Tosh. I was an admirer of his long before he joined The Swans'. He inherited Harry Griffiths' team, and that shouldn't be forgotten.
    I was a North Banker during his sojourn and it was great place to be as the team climbed the Leagues.
    I was in Thailand when the slide began, so missed all the rancour, but there's enough on this thread re Laudrup to keep everyone going until the next millennium.

Martinez, and Rodgers left their mark on the Club, and I enjoyed their tenures immensely.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  13. LIBERTARIAN

You think that I approved your post ? Go back and read my response again.

14. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

I really cant be bothered libbie

swanseaandproud likes this.
  15. LIBERTARIAN

Then continue in your ignorance, and inability to understand English. <ok>

Stumpy likes this.
  16. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

For the best football I have ever seen the swans play has to be Laudrups first season. It was outstanding. But I still believe Martinez is the man and without him coming in we would never have been where we are. I see some have said Sousa, I have to say he did well with no money, but a more boring negative football have I watched, even more negative than Guidolin.

seabreeze and DragonPhilljack like this.
  17. DragonPhilljack

<laugh>...........................................
    please log in to view this image
    please log in to view this image

Stumpy likes this.
  18. DragonPhilljack

What could he do with no striker? Pantstado the bull was crap, Trundle was past it, and Huw refused the £400,000 he wanted for a loan striker from Portugal, he had no choice but to set us up to defend, and if my memory serves me correct, we finished 7th that season I think, beaten by 1 point to the play-offs by Blackpool...........<ok>

neveroffsidereff likes this.
  19. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Yep - Tosh inherited Harry's team, but in some respects Tosh provided the "spark" to get us over the "promotion line" that season.

I can still remember staring at the TV in my student digs in Cardiff & being stunned by the news of Harry's passing...

For the younger members of the Forum who may not know of Harry's contribution, here's a BBC story that marked the 35th anniversary of Harry's death.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-22281098

RIP you Jack B*****d <rose>

LIBERTARIAN likes this.
  20. LIBERTARIAN

He certainly did provide the "spark", and how. The dressing room would have had such a lift seeing Tosh coming through the door.

RIP <rose>

Taffvalerowdy likes this.