1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Swansea City v Burnley

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

upload_2017-2-26_20-49-10.png Swansea City v Burnley FC upload_2017-2-26_20-49-10.png

Barclays Premier League
    Date - Saturday, 4 March 2017
    Kick off - 15:00
    Venue - Liberty Stadium

Following their battling 1-3 defeat at Champions-elect Chelsea, Paul Clement's team are next up at home to Burnley.

Sean Dyche's team have secured all but 2 of their points at Turf Moor, and won the second of those points away at Hull whilst the Swans were losing at Stamford Bridge.

Swansea and Burnley have played each other on 45 occasions, with the Swans winning 13, Burnley winning 17 and 15 draws.

Swansea and Burnley last played each other at The Liberty Stadium in August 2014 when the Swans ran out 1-0 winners thanks to a 23rd minute goal by Nathan Dyer.

In the opening fixture of this season, Leroy Fer's late goal was enough to give the Swans a 1-0 win

Turning to Saturday's match, this is the first of 4 consecutive 6-pointers for the Swans and I'm backing them to run out 2-0 winners.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  2. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

I can see Burnley sitting back and going for the point. Lets hope their away form continues 2-0 for me too

3. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

We need to Kick the Dycke's arse, give Burnley no quarter, I want us to do a number here, 3-0 would be my preferred scoreline................<laugh>

swanseaandproud likes this.
  4. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

3-1 victory.

5. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

They are very good defensively and will be difficult to break down, we need to get after them but just be wary of them on the break. If we get after them I am with Valley and could see a 3-1.

6. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

Together with a high work rate pressing this is usually their style. We need to pick players that can pass the ball quickly. Would like to see Narsingh start but we must resist the temptation to be too gung ho

7. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

I will be well disappointed if we don't get 3 points at home but this is a tougher game than fans think. We have to be at the top of our game to win this and hopefully we will be.....2-1 win is my guess...

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  8. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Same lineup as we've become reliant on , only possible change for this game , for me , is Britton in for Carroll .

9. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

Burnley's away record:

Played 12, won 0, drawn 2, lost 10, scored 6, conceded 25.

That said, their recent away defeats have only been by a single goal, losing 1-0 or 2-1 including games at Arsenal, Man City and Spurs.

I will therefore predict a narrow win for us: Swansea 1 Burnley 0 (with a worst case scenario of a 1-1 draw).

10. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

With Leicester winning then we MUST beat Burnley at home or there is a possibility if other results don't go our way we could end up back in the bottom three. What we must not do is take Burnley's away record as gospel and take them too lightly or we could get our arse burned....(Remember Sunderland last season).....There is only a fag paper between all the bottom teams so we have to treat this game as if we are playing any of the top teams....

11. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

I also think it could be a tight game. They'll be happy with a point, so I can't see them being set out to attack at all costs. For this reason I think that if we can get in front early on, we will have a far better chance of winning the game because they won't be able to sit back once behind. The longer it stays goalless the harder it becomes.

I'd like to see us go at them from the off and get into a lead before half time.

12. swanee

swanee Well-Known Member

Burnley may have only got a couple of points away from home, but let`s not underestimate them. We need to win this and they are not going to be pushovers. Lose, and all the good work done in the last month counts for nowt, lets get at them and let them know they are in an onslaught. Don`t give them the opportunity to even get close to scoring, if it all goes pear shaped we are in the ****e good and proper.
    That`s all.

swanseaandproud likes this.
  13. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Usual 2-1 @ 15/2.

Head bet 4-1 Swans @ 40/1.

Alfie anytime @ 6/1.

14. swans-m

swans-m Well-Known Member

Depends on our starting lineup. If Routledge starts then I'm going for a 1-1. If Narsingh finally gets the nod then 2-0

15. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Not having a go or anything, but what have you seen in Narsingh that makes you think he's any good ?
    With the small amount of time he's been on the pitch for us, I've seen very little to make me think he will have a big impact for us. I'm not saying he's rubbish or anything, just that so far he seems average.

trundles left foot likes this.
  16. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

x.png
    You should go for 1-1 every week :emoticon-0112-wonde

17. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Have to chuckle at people here judging players after a few minutes on the pitch. Dear lord.

Comfortable 3-0 for us. Llorente will score.

18. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

I have to agree stereo, from the little I seen he is quick and quite direct, but he seems a bit headless and defensively, which ha has an obligation to do he is very poor. But, as it has been said don't think he has had enough game time to show what he really is about, time will tell whether he will turn into a good signing od r not, if we are not going to play Routledge I would rather see Ayew out wide to start.

19. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Whilst this is a "must win" match, it is even more a "must not lose" match

20. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Pretty upbeat that Defour , Gudmundsson and Barnes are out . 2 - 0 Swans