1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Swansea City : The Fall and Rise.

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by LIBERTARIAN, May 20, 2013.

1. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

2. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

I have it on Sky+ in case something crops up :)

3. ProjectVRD

ProjectVRD Well-Known Member

I was thinking about this 15 minutes ago and was gonna find the original post, thanks for saving me the bother though... I might put it up on torrent for others on Wed morning, the quality will be better than iPlayer (unless they have it HD).

4. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

It's a great football story I'm sure neutrals will also watch it. From almost going out of existence to playing in Europe, Roy of the Rovers stuff.

5. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

Um, you did go out of existance, twice if memory serves me correct. Rags to riches off the back of local hard working Swansea folk leading many of them into bankruptcy.

6. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

No we didn't ! If we were liquidated we would have gone the same way as Chester! And obviously you are here on the wind up so basically **** off back to your board if you cannot discuss something sensible on here. I have posted on the Cardiff board without the wind ups, so you get short shrift from me!

7. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

That would be much appreciated Proj thanks

8. taffthefish

Jager, Swansea went into administration and came back as a different operating company- ergo your response is rubbish, glad you do not wum on our board but I have stated the truth nothing more.

9. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

No you haven't stated the truth, try doing a bit of research in this, the swans didn't go into administration they entered a cva , which is a huge difference. I suggest instead of posting **** on here you toodle off and go study. Not that you have any interest in the subject, like I can't be bothered to enter into a protracted discussion on this with you as obviously you have no clue what you are talking about.

10. ProjectVRD

You might have to explain what a Company Voluntary Agreement is to him, his club were somehow allowed to get away without entering one despite repeated incidents where taxes were not paid.

11. taffthefish

Um, taxes were paid albeit late. You entered into a CVA? I bow to your better knowledge but the fact remains local business went to the wall because of financial miss-management of your club. Will the rags to riches story tell the truth of what happened, I sincerely hope so.

12. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

What local businesses exactly did go to the wall? You appear to have intimate knowledge of this! And like other businesses like Jessops, HMV, Blockbusters etc , things were done to ensure survival. In the Swans case a local consortium bought the club from a crook to stave off liquidation.

What they couldn't do is beat off a CVA and it was either that or no club! And don't give the whole high mighty we haven't entered admin etc to us, you were close very close! The reason you survived is because you got rid of a very unscrupulous person to be replaced by the king of admin! And you've sold your soul to someone who might just be the devil in disguise.

13. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

" local business went to the wall because of financial miss-management of your club."

Name them. In other words, put up or shut up. No companies supplied only the Swans exclusively. If they did then they were asking for trouble - it's extremely foolish to only have one customer don't you think? No, it's just a throwaway line in a glass houses environment calculated to wum and an example of why I just can't bear the thought of another seaosn of this **** next time. With any luck you'll be relegated by ****ing Christmas.

Good day.

14. ProjectVRD

Your club owed £2.7M and only paid £1.9M... you ripped off the whole ****ing country, that includes you personally. Your club has effectively stolen money out of your pocket.

15. Dilligaf

Dilligaf New Member

This thread is about a TV programme made because we won the League Cup and will play in European compettition next season.

The usual reaction to anything positive about Swansea City from the rabble down the road. We're not really interested so go away

16. taffthefish

Did a quick google and here's something for you to read. Apparently you haven't paid off all your creditors even today! Should your board members take money before paying historic debt? Good on the supporters trust in not taking the dividend.
    VRD every business in the UK does deals with HMRC including Swansea so don't start that nonsense.
    Jager/Knacker, sadly I can't name them because they went out of business. I haven't eluded to Cardiff just avoiding administration nor do I proudly state we just avoided it. Admin and CVAs are not a route any club should take and nor should fans be punished if their club does go into admin.
    Enjoy the programme but I hope it's warts and all because the man in the street was effected by Swansea entering a CVA not just the big creditors.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/08/swansea-halo-owners-windfall

17. taffthefish

Not at all Dill, take the rough with the smooth.

18. ProjectVRD

You are clutching at straws son, our creditors agreed to those terms and were recompensed through other means... none went bankrupt which conveniently you cannot provide any proof. I never agreed to let your club off the hook with the tax though, and I am sure another 68 million people didn't agree to let your club rob our money.

It is so ironic for a Cardiff fan to lecture Swans fans on finance, your club has the worst debt to income problem in the entire Premier League... Your club is far from safe, it's closer to admin than it is to profit. It's a joke of a club and few tears will be shed across the UK if they are relegated and subsequently go bust. Enjoy supporting Tonypandy FC, they'll be the biggest club in your region soon.

19. taffthefish

VRD, since when do the great unwashed agree to anything the HMRC does? Seriously, every big company agrees certain tax breaks, now you go and study that. If I though you knew anything about big business I'd debate with you but clearly you don't.
    As far as the attack on my club, carry on as you are doing it from a point of ignorance, amazingly something you accuse me of!

20. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

Who let the tax dodger in?

How many winding up orders did his Club have to endure?

They even tried to cheat their ex manager out of his bonus.

What a hypocritical bunch of dead beats.