1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Swans in the premier league!

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by LlanelliJack, May 31, 2011.

1. LlanelliJack

LlanelliJack New Member

Now that all the hard work has paid off, we now have a new task at hand. To stay in the premier league..

Any thoughts on who we might sign for next season? Maybe strengthen our defence and an extra midfielder should complete the Swansea starting 11?

SCFC!

2. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

I think a CB is priority, we are prety good in midfield, and with Ferrie Bodde back in training and looking very good, and possibly Pratley staying, I think the only other signing I would like to see, is Emnes!............
    please log in to view this image

3. FatalException

FatalException New Member

Surely you mean the next task in hand is the Champions League? Onwards!

4. leetrunds10

leetrunds10 Member

Matt Mills And Williams centre backs lads ? just a though and gomez back anyone ?

5. LlanelliJack

LlanelliJack New Member

I think the next task is the premier league title and champions league spot :D

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

6. LlanelliJack

LlanelliJack New Member

And I'd just like to say well done to all the swans fans who have supported the mighty swans all these years and this season has all been worth it! And what an experience today was seeing the players on the open bus and I can't believe they were all to shy to talk to the fans except for super ALAN TATE.

Quick question though.. Was Fabio Borini on the bus? Because I didn't see him, he hasn't gone home already has he, hope not anyway!

UP THE SWANS

7. Millpond Swan

Millpond Swan Member

Personaly i think we need two strikers,Centre back and a defensive midfielder i feel we're a tad lightweight at the moment for the PL.

8. ivoralljack

ivoralljack Well-Known Member

A tall, ball-winning centre back is a must; a striker if Borini goes; then look at the midfield options. Joe & Leon a bit too fragile and would like to see some serious steel in there. Didn't like the way both Forest and Reading took the game away from us for long periods. Joe and Leon struggled to cope despite playing well for other periods of the game.

9. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

I'd love it if you lot managed to stay up and get more people moaning <ok>

10. mmickey1

mmickey1 Member

It's going to take a bit more than that mate.You just got in by the skin of your teeth and you will have to spend big. Can you afford it?

11. JRODJACK

JRODJACK Member

Our main priority has to be a striker (Danny Graham?) now Borini is with Parma, I'd also say a centre back is a must, Baptiste from Blackpool would be good and I like the thought of Gomez signing back, we could do with another quality playmaker.

12. FatalException

We definately need to replace Borini since he's gone, purely for the numbers game. We'll need as much depth as we can get. But my own personal opinion when someone comes up is to build from the back, so bring in another centre back and solid midfield ball winner. Ideally one who is also comfortable on the ball and can distribute it well to our wide men.

13. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

If Swansea have had any weakness this season it was the back line.
    When your front line didn't have one of their better days (more often than not when playing away) your defence got exposed.
    I think this will be a problem for Swansea next season unless they do get some real quality in that area.

14. FatalException

We can pass the ball as well as anyone in the Premiership and hopefully that will be a major benefit against some of the weaker clubs and when we play the ball around our forwards are good enough to worry anyone. I also feel being able to keep possession will help us keep the pressure off our back four by denying the opposition the chance to attack. I think we just need to be strong enough at the back to cope with the times we aren't in possession.

15. JACKANORY

JACKANORY Member

a good left back is needed formost, fair play to tate played well monday but looked a bit clumsey. taylor been good but maybe a bit inexperienced. see lots of people calling for emnes back up front and i agree to an extent thought he was wonderfull for us back at the start, although i would have concerns over the stature of the three. sinclare, emnes, dyer all good players with great speed and skill but im thinking of someone in the j.scotland mold big boldozer type who can force his way past defenders and tear goalnets.

16. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

It appears that people ( not swans fans) think because we only came up through the playoffs then we are automatically going to struggle. that isnt always the way. Just because QPR and Norwich went up by finnishing 1 and 2 makes it no easier for them. We had the second best defensive record in the league and a healthy goal difference. Saying that we do need to stregnthen. CB is a must along with a goal scoring striker. I also believe we need cover for dyer and sinclair. But those players are out there and at a reasonable price.

I can see no reason why we cant stay up. i still feel we can compete with the likes of Norich, QPR, Wolves, Blackburn, Bolton to name a few.

Good times are ahead.

17. JamieT567

JamieT567 Member

Coupke of decent players have been released from Prem clubs, Sol Campbell would be solid at the back, but we'll have to see!

18. leetrunds10

leetrunds10 Member

get matt mills centre back !! and wouldnt mind shane long or dj campbell

19. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

isnt sol campbell close to 40, get tommy oar on loan from the dutch club