1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Svending Power

Discussion in 'Nottingham Forest' started by Yak., Aug 27, 2011.

1. Yak.

Yak. Member

yak here, after watching your manager spend obscene amounts on players is it fair to say hes pretty clueless or the next messiah?
    Once hailed a genius at lazio after being there most successfull manager in their entire history.
    Over a 3 year period a total of over £100 million was spent to achieve this success. I might add lazio never dropped down to the lower leagues and it was 11 years ago since they and Sven have actually won something.
    The situation when FFP league rules come into play next season make such things impossible to repeat again. in other words you cant buy success anymore as of next season.

Do you think Sven is the right man to achieve the right results considering how much as been spent, or should have Raisakorn gone with a proven championship manager.

2. Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho

Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho Active Member

Yak, I must say you are pretty naive.

The Financial fair play rules won't make a jot of difference to us, since our owners have found loopholes such as sponsoring our kit and stadium. They can sponsor those things for as much as they like, and that counts as club earnings. So any money we spend will be through that kind of thing.

You didn't really think everyone was just going to go along with that **** did you?

As for Sven, well you've got McLaren, case closed.

3. Danger Fox

Danger Fox New Member

And you posted this on the Leeds board as well because you want some assistance from them in trying to piss take and ruin Leicester's board, What's up, don't you think you can do it on your own - Sad and pathetic springs to mind

4. Farsleyexile

Farsleyexile Well-Known Member

Wrong site knobhead?

5. Yak.

Yak. Member

far from naieve your missing the point Em even though i managed a little dig at sven.

these rules affect us all at the end of the day, there are no loop holes and money will not be readilly available as much as youd like to think.
    players can only be purchased from the sales of players and gate receipts and or merchandise,
    unless we are a multi million pound buisness like manure or then we wont stand a chance im afraid.
    football is no longer a working mans game its becoming an exclsive gentlemans club for the rich.

im personaly against it(FFP) i would like to see simple wage capping to be bought into effect right accross the board

6. Yak.

Yak. Member

i posted it on the championship DF

7. Danger Fox

Danger Fox New Member

The boards you tagged are listed on top of the thread - You clearly tagged the Leeds board - You couldn't have tagged their board by accident - You've been outed for what you are, just accept being correctly labeled - Sad and pathetic

8. Yak.

Yak. Member

its on the championship mate<ok>

9. StourbridgeFox

I think a wage cap applied across all leagues would be a good idea but not just for England. There used to be a wage cap and it was removed to stop players going abroad to get higher wages and weakening the English leagues.

On Sven, he has experience in many kinds of football, not just spending big at big clubs. He knows what he is doing tactically, as shown by turning games around with substitutions last season, he has many, many contacts and his gravitas as an individual is enough to inspire players to want to play for him. If he has money then he will spend it but so far I can see exactly what he is trying to achieve. We have two quality players in each position and this should pay dividends as the season gets more difficult.

I would've thought the FFP rules were a good idea had they not come in just as we come into money! However King Power sponsoring the stadium and kit means the money they put in this way counts as revenue rather than a loan from the owners to the club, so it does get around the FFP rules as they stand at the moment. This is what Arsene Wenger was complaining about with Man City. Their owners sponsored the stadium to allow them to continue to pump money in.

I'm personally happy with Sven. We have had a less than perfect start but it is a very, very long season.

10. THE FOXES 1884

THE FOXES 1884 Well-Known Member

Who the F*** spent loads of money ? we´ve spent about 11 mil on players... ... that´s FA in todays game. Most of our players came on a FREE, that´s good if you ask me.

:emoticon-0110-tongu

11. Danger Fox

Danger Fox New Member

Come on now - You've been caught - Why is it on the Leeds board and no other Championship boards club - Still sad still pathetic

12. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We've spent 11m on 11 players.

Hardly obscene <ok>

13. Boris86

Boris86 Active Member

I can't work out how the FFP rules can legal. It's perfectly acceptable for clubs to have good debt, it would be ridiculous to think otherwise.
    When Platini says the FFP will make things more competitive for other clubs, I have to all shenanigans. Surely that would only be the case if all the clubs started off at the same time, with the same money and the same size stadium. The fact that clubs like Man U have a global fan base just means that they will continue to get stronger and smaller clubs will never have the means to catch them unless they get some sort of genius manager, and even then there would be enough time in his life for a club to develop a stadium the size of old trafford and a fan base to match it. Stupid rules

14. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

UEFA are instituting a Fair Play Committee which will prevent club owners from exploiting these loopholes like to inject unfair income into clubs. Since the FL model is going to be a very close replica by all accounts, I'd have thought a FL Committee would also exist to prevent this kind of bullshit.

Thank God some sanity's being restored to the game, eh? Long live football.

:)

15. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

These loopholes are being closed already, UEFA are already investigated Man City over the ground sponsorship deal with Etihad and have said it breaches the rules.

16. Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho

Completely agree with this, they have not thought it through at all.

Either that or they're doing it on purpose, wouldn't surprise me.

17. Yak.

Yak. Member

another thing is 25 man squads are surely going to limit the amount of pros allowed to enter the game.
    FFP does not equal fair play.

this FFP as been in place for Divs 1 and 2 for a season now, as it really affected these clubs?

5 mill for an unproven top flight player is definately obscene, each to their own i suppose, and £40k a week for konchesky does make me chuckle

what if the thais pack up leaving you with obscene amount of debt, its not unheard of in football and will happen if sven dont deliver.

18. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Any chance of removing this tripe from our board. No one gives a flying feck about sven or leicester on here i suspect. We have our own exploits to concentrate on. Maybe leicester board hasnt enough contributors to create an argument

19. Emilio_Ivanhoe_Heskeynho

A Forest fan posted this article, so I think it's them that don't have enough contributors between themselves.

And if Leeds don't 'give a flying feck' about a Leicester then that's news to me...

20. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Well personally i havent cared about them for the last forty years, except actually enjoying their success under o'neill, so i certainly am not bothered now. Proof, ive never looked on the Leicester forum, if there is one, so why they need to come on this one beats me. Must be lonesomeness