1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Suso - boy done good

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Redbrynner, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Redbrynner

Redbrynner Well-Known Member

As you know, I donr get to visit very often, and as such I do not know the most appropriate thread for hero worshipping ex players. purpose of this is kust to say, if anyone isnt following Susos progress at Milan, its wirth a look. The king of potential who weis let go for 875k, has turned into Milans fonzie. 4 goals and 4 assists in the last 3 games including a brace against inter. obviously id rather have Coutinho, but its great to see the lad turn that potential into performances. will most likely be in the next Spain squad. was so close to being the next pacheco

2. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Always looked a talent just never quite pinned down a position.

Glad and he's doing well though

3. Redbrynner

Its good to see, we always said italy would suit him better than Prem and he is excelling. was too good to fade away

4. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I never got as carried away with him like I did with Pacheco (lesson learnt) but I still really wanted the lad to succeed worth us, more so than usual. Couldn't say why though, I've no idea <laugh>

5. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

This is nice to hear. I may look him up to watch some of his performances.

6. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

Shame (for him) we had better players in his position, I think given a good run we'd be seeing those stats here for us.

Fair play to the lad.

A Coutinho lite. We could do with him now Coutinho is out for the rest of the season.

Redbrynner likes this.
  7. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Think he maybe lacked that bit of acceleration for the Prem. Players that are small in stature in those positions needs to have that bit of speed over 5 yards to get away or they get bullied off the ball if allow defenders to get close.

Cout is good example great speed over first 5 yards to move the ball away from defender.

8. moreinjuredthanowen

I remember seeing Suso u18 debut. instantly you could see a fencing two footed player with real ability.

The guy didn't have a position under rogers who stuck him on wing etc etc.

Imo if klopp had him he'd have played him where lallana is and he would work well.

I don't think it's pace. mata has no pace. it's finding a role to establish yourself in and the premier is all about athletes and runners and that's why the players are poor.

Redbrynner and Jimmy Squarefoot like this.
  9. Redbrynner

Rodgers really did have a terrible record for getting rid of players/staff.

Borrell, Gerrard, Suso and Carragher all left under his tenure, when they all had alot more to offer the club.

10. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Not sure if Suso would have succeeded under Klopp but letting him go on a free was silly. Purpose of the academy is to either produce players for the first team or sell for a profit.

Mentioned earlier - we sold ibe and smith for £21m.

11. Redbrynner

Suso should jave been at least 5-10m

12. moreinjuredthanowen

we sold him for a profit....

look he ran his contract out and thats just that. He made a bad mistake running out when rogers told him he'd not play much. we should not have done that and should sell not loan really.

Klopp likes a technical player like this guy. who knows but i think he might have found him a position faster than rogers ever would have but thats just the way it goes.

13. LuisDiazgamechanger

Very scary and frightening:bandit:.

14. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

Luckily I wasn't being serious. Hopefully?

Alisson Becker is N01 likes this.
  15. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

No, only for 6 weeks <ok>

I liked Suso when he was with us, shame it didn't work out but pleased he's doing well in Italy. Rodgers will be after him for Celtic <laugh>

Zanjinho likes this.
  16. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Why did he make a bad mistake? he has gone on to do very well and is still young enough to do better.

17. Lucaaas

Lucaaas Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree. One of the situations where it benefits the player and the club for him to leave. He was never going to get regular games here and he still wouldn't, but at a team that's struggling like AC Milan he's managed to get sufficient game time and started to develop as a player and now he's actually helping them up the league.

Diego and Jimmy Squarefoot like this.
  18. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

How's Adam?

19. Rubbersoul

Rubbersoul Well-Known Member

Suso at his time at Liverpool never offered anything to demand a high fee. He got subbed before half time in one of our matches because he was all over the place.

He's at a much slower league and has hit a bit of form. Good on him, i always liked him and hope it continues but it will drop as he really isn't that good a player.

20. moreinjuredthanowen

he went to almeria and missed the entire "good season" we had thats why.

However sure he looked at rogers and decided IMO to not sign any new deal and then as there was no europe rogers told him he'd not play so he took the loan. Rogers in 2012/13 did all sorts, subbing him early, not playing him, aplying him in different places.. I just think he didn't trust the manager.

You have to recall that the guy is now 23 and its taken 2 season including another loan out to get near the AC milan team. He's been lucky this time that milan sacked mihajovic and appotined someone willing to give him a go. Everyon needs that bit of luck i suppose.

Its early days for the lad thouth and he can't afford to slip back now. He needs to make himself indispensable the nice thing is milan look better this year so if he can be pivotable when they are on the up he can make it.

But... remember.. he took the LFC dollar to move from cadiz to us on a "youth scholarship" then when he got his chance didn't take it then ran out to almeria.

Pacheco did exactly the same. le tallec did exaclty the same... they vanished... he could have vanished had milan not changed his manager.