1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Surely Jamie Mackie should be made captain

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPAAAAAGH, Jan 3, 2017.

1. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

His enthusiasm is infectious to both players and crowd alike which is exactly what the club needs right now. Onouha did okay when he came on yesterday but never shows any signs of much needed leadership and I suspect the captaincy is a burden he could do without. Come on Ollie, show you mean business and get this long outstanding problem sorted.

2. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

It was also scandalous that he was overlooked in the New Years Honours list.

KooPeeArr, kiwiqpr, Uber_Hoop and 5 others like this.
  3. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

'Captain' is just a title. Mackie will do what he does -energise, chase lost causes, stir the crowd etc - whatever label, or none, that you give him.

Sudbury Hoop likes this.
  4. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

From eye witness accounts, Lynch seemed to be doing a pretty good job yesterday in place of Onouha.

Mackie could also be one challenge away from another period on the sidelines, although Lynch has also been somewhat fragile, hopefully now in good working order for the 2nd half of the season.

5. Ranger4ever

Ranger4ever Well-Known Member

I wouldn't disagree with the OP view however, Lynch has shown last two games to be adequate and I agree with Kilburn, it is likely that Mackie will pick up an injury before the season's out.

I do think Mackie is deserving of his place in the starting line up.

6. hammersmith junior

hammersmith junior Well-Known Member

Still can't understand why Lynch or Hall weren't made captain at the start of the season. Ned is an average defender and a dire captain,i've never once seen him give a leaders speech on the pitch !

Didley Squat likes this.
  7. TootingExcess

TootingExcess Well-Known Member

The Chief is another "Stewpeas", means well but always prone to some Frank Spenceresque defending every so often. I'm never entirely comfortable when he's playing. I don't think he brings anything to the Captain's table