1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Supporter Committee (not sure for which club though)

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by AlRawdah, Apr 3, 2017.

1. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

You wouldn't have thought mirrors in the toilets would be so hard to do.

2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Anyone on here received an email invite yet?

3. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

No.

4. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

5. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Deigned to appear is a better description.

6. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

Nope.

7. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Probably just pre-selected people who aren't going to bother them and praise everything they do.

8. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

They'll probably have some person going back through that loaded vote they did about the name change and find some one in each stand that voted in their favour. If that is the case I certainly won't get an invite.:emoticon-0100-smile

Howden Tigress and Cortez91 like this.
  9. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

HCST have got an invite, but that's required by the DCMS guidelines on meaningful dialogue. We have been sent an agenda which doesn't include any of the major issues; it's all 'matchday experience' type stuff. There's an AOB section, which of course there's plenty of. The question is will people actually be allowed to raise any other business or will it be approved happy super tiger club topics only. The meeting is planned for an hour and a half, which seems very optimistic.

I've not heard about anyone else receiving an invite which is strange. I wonder if they've deliberately avoided people who've attended such meetings in the past.

Cortez91 likes this.
  10. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Match day experience is crap.

Time to move on to smother topic...

11. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

It's almost as if they're picking random people who don't post on forums like this, to get a genuinely different slant on things.

How ****ing dare they?

They also seem to be going with the stated aims of this group in that they plan to focus on changes that could further enhance the matchday experience and atmosphere as well as other areas such as retail, facilities and the new Club website.

And not a general bitchfest with personal agendas being brandished and it just being an Anti Allam whinefest. It's outrageous its not simply an opportunity to point fingers, complain about the owners and generally just act like cockwombles.

How ****ing dare they?

Of course the obvious opportunity is use the agenda items as a way of raising certain issues.

Such as the new club website would do better if it were branded as Hull City, oh and btw, if you did that for the twitter, FB etc...you'd get more people using and engaging with them. Or the match day experience would be enhanced by not pricing kids and grand parents out.

Sorry, I realise that isn't helpful as it's not just ranting. as you were.

Bergerac28 likes this.
  12. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

He said, ranting...

Newland Tiger likes this.
  13. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

If it's anything like Mooney's meetings, it will start with 'if anyone brings up the Facebook page being called Hull Tigers, or the fact that there's no concessions, the meeting will be ended immediately'.

Muffinthegoat and PLT like this.
  14. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

In Happy's world, things that are important to fans are determined by the club, not fans. Lickspittle.

15. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Nice suggestions you make BUT they know that already and it ain't going to happen, next item on the agenda is IF we turn on the tellys which channel do you want.

16. Barchullona

Lickspittle, one of my favourite words since the scene on the train in Dr Zhivago when the prisoner being taken for"voluntary" Labour spat it out.

17. Barchullona

The only thing that will improve the atmosphere is beyond the Allam's control. It requires a lot of people joining in the singing and getting behind the team.
    The only thing they could do is to instruct the stewards to tell anyone complaining about others being boisterous or making too much noise to **** off as they are at a football match not in a theatre.

The match day experience is a difficult one. What some think constitutes a good match day experience is not what others do. In fact some think anyone using the phrase match day experience should be taken out and shot, along with those who refer to things like lampposts as street furniture and an open space as public realm.

18. Happy Tiger

Ah bless ya.

Mr "Miss The Point" strikes again. Uses a cockwomble word reminiscent of the poncy pseudo intelligentsia of the AN. Odd that.

It's an opportunity.

You can still arrange your mass demonstrations against the owners, and arrange pickets of the club, boycotts etc. Blimey you can even join in with hard hitting and effective name calling twitter campaigns. Personally I'll be happy to see less angry fans who finally might get a voice and a chance to chat to the club direct. One's who have been going donkeys years, but keep their heads down. Might be a flask, might be a blanket, they might even use Tiger Travel. Might not stand. Might not sing. Might not shout abuse at the enemy. Thing is, they go. And they deserve to be heard.

I hope you don't get an invite btw. Be nice to see normal, less angry proper fans there.

I can't wait to see who the Trust wheels out for this too, that'll be really revealing. I hope they go sensible tbh. Really, I do.

19. Happy Tiger

Honestly fella, I couldn't give two ****s about the opinion of someone who doesn't go. Who constantly complains about everything. Snide snipes at everything. Who seems stuck in the 1970s.

I know you've had your issues. I feel sorry for you tbh.

No other way to put this, but, you're irrelevant. Really, you are.

20. Happy Tiger

So the Trust, and other groups, will be there. Play the game. If it works out, great. If it doesn't, then, golden opportunity if used correctly.

Which it won't. It never does.

Shame really.