1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Support for Rafa

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by magpie290761, Feb 2, 2017.

1. magpie290761

magpie290761 Well-Known Member

I don't know about anyone else but I for one am getting very concerned about the building rumours supported by the bloody press pushing at Rafa leaving at the end of the season and can feel something getting some momentum. I for one think this would be a bloody disaster for us and if anyone else feels the same I think another mass support for Rafa at Saturday's game like the end of last season is needed to show him he is still loved and wanted here, we back him and show those at the top how much backing he has. Anyone agree?
    If not google his record of success and compare it to our pathetic record since 1969 or some would say 1955

2. Consett Mag

Consett Mag Well-Known Member

He won't be pushed out man. If he gets appropriate support to build a Premiership team, if we go up, he'll probably stay.

No point in worrying about paper talk.

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  3. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

He knows the fans support him. They sing his name every game over and over. He will only leave if he is not supported by the owner/hierarchy so it's out of our hands basically. We should all just sit tight and not worry about this until it happens (if it happens) as we don't really know what is happening behind the scenes.

4. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

He gets support at every game. He has had fantastic support from the board too. He just needs to deliver. He will go in the summer - but only if he has either failed to get promotion or the board really are meddling. There is no evidence to suggest the board are. The lack of January signings may be their way of saying - we think you've had more than enough to win this league. I think the likes of Ashley would be right to have expected more from him so far. I don't think it's good business sense to just keep pumping money at under performance. That's the road to ruin. We did that with McClaren and got ****ing nowhere. Rafa has the tools at his disposal - he just needs to get his head down and use the experience you note to get the job done.

5. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

He will go in my opinion because Ashley is starting up his **** again and the fans are all morbid

My honest feeling is that Ashley wanted to keep Rafa to stay simply to smooth over relegation and now he knows if he just stops making signings he'll walk in the summer and he'll say he was delusional like he did with keegan.

The bottom line is that with mike Ashley Newcastle united will never ever ever be successful in any shape or form.

6. Captainchaos.

We spent -30 million to be fair mate

7. Warmir Pouchov

The fact we recouped all that money from Sissoko and Gini is neither here nor there. He went and spent 50m odd on a new championship side. If he can't then get promoted he is a chump.

Captainchaos. likes this.
  8. Captainchaos.

Yes but over the past few seasons teams coming up have been generally better than those that are relegated from the premiership

Look at villa and Norwich! We've improved and we will win the league

We have a better manager than we've ever had since robson

It's not long ago we had joe kinnear

50 million is nothing these days either to be honest

It cost city 1 billion so far and look at them they arnt world beaters

This is football there's other teams on the other side of the pitch !!

Also neither here nor there? All of you were arguing we hadn't bought the league because of it not so long ago !

I'm right

As much as I love you all I'm afraid you don't know anything about football in my eyes and I've proved that over the years and I'm going to be doing it again

I'm off to the gym I feel skinny today i hate feeling skinny

I know you know I'm right but just accept or it'll only get worse

X

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    Judge Death likes this.
  9. daztoc

daztoc Well-Known Member

All of the above.

Another long term 'gamble' by Ashley that's starting to play out. As long as that fat ****er owns this club we will always be a ****ing joke. Only Ashley could snag one of the world's top managers and then go out of his way to play the **** with him.

10. Warmir Pouchov

I don't think we did buy the league. I don't think money alone is enough. It's a massive factor but the manager and players still have to do their job. I'll be very surprised if Rafa fails to capitalise on the obvious advantage he has had.

We will win the league. We will improve. I'm confident we will do enough. If we don't I'll take the Spanish waiter out myself.

11. KazakhToon

KazakhToon Well-Known Member

He stayed in the first place because of the fans on the final day of last season, at least in part. We need to stick at it and keep the atmosphere positive. Protests at either the manager or the owner will affect performance, especially during a dry spell for the club, and that can never be a good thing for a manager who is almost certainly aware of other options.

We're about where we were in terms of points that we were in the last season in the Champ, it's just that in Hughton, Brighton has a manager with a point to prove and the skills to push us all the way. That's a healthy competition which this club should relish and get stuck into, not bitch and moan because we're not 10 points out in front.

magpie290761 likes this.
  12. Darth Tash

Darth Tash Well-Known Member

If Ashley and the board piss off this manager and drive him away then I'm never going back until they're gone.

If it's true that they were the reason behind no Jan signings then I literally hope they all die because all they're doing is not learning from their mistakes and ****ing the club over.

ALL THEY NEED TO DO IS SHUT THE F*CK UP AND LET PEOPLE WHO KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT FOOTBALL DO THEIR JOB.

It's not fekin hard.

Rant over.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  13. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Think you need to calm down and rethink that statement in capitals.

14. Darth Tash

Darth Tash Well-Known Member

Why? I'm not saying the board are definitely tampering with signings, but if they are they need to learn from their mistakes and stop interfering with stuff that they clearly don't know anything about... football.

15. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

I think we need to remain a bit calm here and not get swept up in vitriolic hyperbole. We picked up 4 points from QPR with a +6 goal difference, it doesn't matter when, where or how. If we're panicking and spitting now, we're going come straight back down in a year because it ain't getting easier.

We've got to just support the team between now and May, stay positive, get promoted then see what happens. We have no idea what's going on. If, in the Summer, we don't buy 5 players and Rafa walks, then that's the right time to kick up a stink. But we've got to get out of this constant cycle of believing the worst and reacting/over-reacting to nothing more than media spin.

16. Blacker-than-Knight

I think you need to rethink this bit, Ashley is not a stupid man but he has proved to be monumentally dumb when it comes to the club, I don't know why but he makes some very bad decisions and I think he has fallen back in to his thinking from the past, this is not helped by having Carr whispering in his ear, Rafa should have had Carr removed as part of his conditions to stay on last summer.

17. Captainchaos.

Guys stop and think about this

I'm the most positive poster on this board !!!!!!!

Obi Wan and G4rdToonArmy like this.
  18. JakartaToon

Forum Moderator

Sorry Tash - I just meant that I think you might want to take the second **** out of that sentence!

19. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Here's another angle - if Carr was that influential, why did no random French player turn up in January? We had the cash. All I see is we weren't willing to pay club record fees for Townsend or McCarthy, as a Championship club. Understandable.

Another point to ponder - Rafael Benitez is not the be all and end all. If we'd been - as I think even Ashley expected - 10/15 points clear, which by all accounts we SHOULD be, then I suspect we could have signed Premier League players. I think, objectively, that Ashley has a right to be a little concerned with how things have gone. There's still nervousness around the club, despite having the largest wage bill, the biggest spend (never mind net numbers), the largest squad and the best players. How can we, right now, expect to pay £35m for two players when we're not guaranteed promotion? Makes no sense. Leeds, Reading, Hudds are doing a sterling job of fighting, and we've managed to look like rabbits in headlights on over half a dozen occasions leading to appalling results - which Rafa the God has managed - against the mighty Wolves, Blackburn and Oxford. I think it's a bit blinkered to think Rafa's doing a brilliant job because, frankly, he's not.

Bottom line is there's nothing to see here. The only ire we can possibly have is the state of play on the pitch. That's down to the players and the manager; the board/owner have kitted us out with Gayle, Ritchie, Hayden, Yedlin, Diame and Atsu. The same board - not Rafa - picked up £30m for Sissoko. Astonishing business. The owner then gave an interest free loan of £33m to ensure we stayed in the black (ironically) for this season due to all the lost revenue. That was about 6 months ago - I can't quite understand how it's all Ashley's fault once again? The fans have to give themselves a shake and wake up.

In my mind the board gave us the team to finish 1st, Rafa has guided us to 2nd so far.

20. JakartaToon

Forum Moderator

I am worried its going to go tits up as soon as she tells you to **** off and leave her alone.