1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sunderland's New Manager

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Orb of Genius, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Orb of Genius

Orb of Genius New Member

Intellectual in peace.

This is probably the hardest thing I've ever had to write, but following the news that Kevin Keegan is returning to PL management as Sunderland’s new supremo I wonder what your thoughts are about this, considering that everytime he comes back to Newcastle Kev says that they are the only club he'd ever want to manage and the only club that could ever bring him back, yet now he's at Sunderland?

Similarly, Kev still doesn't seem able to get over what happened to him in his second and third comings at St James' Park. Firstly, Kev's 'rant' on Sky Sports gave birth to the whole idea of 'mind games' which we've all had to sit through for the last 15 years. Everyone forgets that NUFC had already essentially forfeited any chance of the sweet nectar of silverware that year by presiding over the greatest bottle job in the history of the league. Instead the narrative is that Newcastle were still slightly ahead (they weren't) and that it was an amazing 'mind game' played by Alex Ferguson that caused Kev to break and somehow that infected the team.

We are now constantly hit with the spectacle of 'mind games' before a match. Imagine if someone came in to your place of work and said 'frightfully sorry to bother you, but I don't think you're going to be as good today as you were last week'. Would you fall to the ground in anguished pain and then proceed to perform terribly? Apparently, that's what 'mind games' do to grown men, and we have Kev to thank for that.

Then of course there was the third coming, where Kev essentially relegated NUFC. How did he do this? Firstly, he spent the summer attempting to sign Henry, Lampard and Beckham while rival clubs were concentrating on actual possible targets. Secondly, he engineered a situation in which he wanted the fans to choose if they wanted it to be 'Newcastle United Football Club' or 'Kevin Keegan Football Club'. Imagine how poisonous the atmosphere was when Kev was doing this, no wonder NUFC lost so many games and ended up getting relegated after Shearer played 3 at the back against Liverpool.

So my question essentially is, do you feel that Kev should have asked your permission due to his 'unique' relationship with NUFC and do you feel betrayed that he is coming to the Premier League for a 'fourth coming' with Sunderland?

2. biggeordiedave

biggeordiedave Active Member

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3. Voluptuous Vuckic

Voluptuous Vuckic Active Member

I think IP checks need to be done AH

4. Eat Sleep Watch F1 Repeat

I saw your name and didn't read the article so i'm sorry but I don't know what you wrote. <ok>

5. ThrillerinAsprilla

ThrillerinAsprilla Active Member

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzcuntzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

6. biggeordiedave

It's a DavidMoyesWife article so I can give you a summary.

Kevin Keegan, Keegan, King Kev, £200m warchest, doing a Leeds, I have no evidence of him wanting to sign Henry, Beckham and Lampard, Keegan, Keegan, Kevin Keegan. Everton are better than Newcastle, Kevin Keegan. I'm a boring ****, Keegan. Kev, King Kev.

7. TheLittleGeordie

TheLittleGeordie Active Member

8. RyanNUFC

RyanNUFC Member

9. Agent Allardyce

Agent Allardyce New Member

Sunderland's New Manager

Intellectual in peace.

As soon as I saw that I could guess what the rest was going to be like, didn't need to read further.

10. De Kuip 02

De Kuip 02 Member

please log in to view this image

11. Eat Sleep Watch F1 Repeat

Was this the WUM off the old 606?

12. skalpel

skalpel Active Member

13. biggeordiedave

<laugh> I've posted this before too.

14. Gutierrez's Right Boot

Gutierrez's Right Boot Well-Known Member

15. biggeordiedave

Yes and his/her articles are about as interesting as the bloke who reads the classified scores on SSN reading 'The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire'.

16. skalpel

skalpel Active Member

Do the BBC still do the score readings like they used to years ago with the dark blue background and about 20 minutes worth of just reading scores? Who the hell was that guy who read those out? He had such a distinctive voice.

17. Agent Allardyce

Agent Allardyce New Member

Just one of many user names he had.

18. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

What superb timing.

With not606 looking to re-establish itself, we find a sad sack from BBC 606 showing his stupidity once more. <laugh> ...honestly, what a total muppet!

19. GeoMax

GeoMax Member

Got to be honest, didnt read the post but recognised the username, so............

Sample recipe: Goulash with stallion or bull testicles

Ingredients
    2-3 tablespoons lard
    4kg stallion of bull testicles
    2-3 onions
    1 clove garlic
    peppercorn and ground pepper
    thyme
    mint herb
    milfoil (plant)
    red ground seasoning pepper or tomato puree
    hot chilli pepper to taste
    salt
    mix seasoning
    1 tbsp plain flour
    200ml white wine
    1 tablespoon honey
    2 squares cooking chocolate

Method

Cut testicles into thin slices. Fry briefly, adding finely chopped onion, garlic, black ground pepper and chilli. Cook while gradually adding water. When nearly finished, add white wine. When wine evaporates a bit, add mix seasoning, pepper, thyme, milfoil, red pepper powder, mint herb and a tablespoon of flour. Mix all well until wine completely evaporates and at the very end add honey and chocolate. Instead of red ground seasoning pepper you can use tomato puree. Tomato puree is used to get red colour, so don't use ketchup.

20. biggeordiedave

I've looked him up and found a video on him. I've spent many an afternoon watching the scores with a losing betting slip in my hand.

[video=youtube;38YNkcetu3U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38YNkcetu3U[/video]