1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Winter 2024 Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by THE FOXES 1884, May 5, 2016.

1. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Newcastle are after Maguire as well but they are in more need of a seasoned CB.

With his performances and injury trouble this season, it may be the case that this is the best deal for all - we ofload the oldest of our aging defense to bring in an younger campaigner.

Also with Morgan leaving we can offer the permanent captaincy to Kasper as another incentive to stay.

2. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Done

3. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

I always look at the relegated clubs to see if there any players there worth a look

Sunderland's only 2 decent players are Pickford and Defoe

Defoe is too old and we dont need a keeper and if Kasper leaves we shouldnt be paying £30M for one

Boro have Ben Gibson who we have been linked with. Adama Traore looks like a very rough diamond. Would he be worth a gamble?

Hull have Harry Maguire again another player we have been linked with. Other then that I think they sold their assests in January

FosseFilberto likes this.
  4. LEICESTER FOSSE

LEICESTER FOSSE Active Member

Huth and Morgan are maybe good enough for the bence, but we have a big problem with our DEF and it needs alot of changes.
    We will be down there again if we go into the next season with the same. Our DEF ain´t good enouth and when we get injuries there´s **** all to back it up. That´s are immediate problem. Then we need to look at our front line. Then we may well be looking at a top 8 finish.

5. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Rumours are we are after Gaston Rameriez from Boro and Acerbi from Sassuolo again.

We are also linked with Iheanacho from Man City and Gibson from Boro.

Liverpool are also after Damerai Gray and are willing to meet his minimum fee of around £20m.

6. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

No doubt Iheanacho will replace Lukaku, don't see him coming here unless Slimani or Vardy leave. Surely his wages are too high for most outside the top 6.

Would personally like 2 CBs, 1 CM, 1 Attacking CM and 1 Winger.

7. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We are linked with Kara Mbodj from Anderlecht and Bruma from Galatasaray again.

8. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Because we all like rumours about guys we have never heard about - we are linked with Samuel Chukwueze who is a 17yr old winger from Nigeria.

9. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Y
    yesssssss my favourite

10. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Also, smalling is reportably available and you can do a lot worse

11. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Smalling available? wow, didn't see that coming. Not that we could afford his wages anyway mind ...

12. Champions of England

Champions of England Active Member

I'm a big fan of Slimani but I judge him on his strengths and attributes while understanding he's being asked to play a role that doesn't suit him because he's also the type of striker who plays on the last defender and he relies on early balls in to the box. We're asking him to do all the donkey work that Okazaki does and criticising him because he's not good at it. He's a no.9 being asked to play like a no.10 and people need to understand that.

No he's not got the best first touch but anyone who plays will know that a poor first touch and indecision on the ball are often down to lack of confidence and sharpness and he's not going to be all that confident and definitely not sharp.

Fact is without his goals we would have been bottom of the league before CR was sacked and if you do the maths that's what you'll discover.

He's a quality goal scorer and gives us an aerial threat and is the best header of a ball in the league in my opinion with nobody coming close.

He needs a proper preseason, some more quality around him and time to develop a partnership with Vardy, injury free because we've by no means seen the best of him yet.

13. Champions of England

I bet he's not on massive wages and no more than our highest but I'd guess around £70k/week, can't imagine him being on much more.

14. Champions of England

Why are so many people convinced about Mahrez and Kasper leaving?

Other clubs might be rumoured to be interested in them but does anyone think other clubs will actually match our valuation and prize them away from us because I don't.

Schmeichel we won't even consider bids of less than £30m and figures of £10m are being touted so nobody is paying that.

Mahrez is apparently £25-30m but again that's way below what we will entertain and after this sesdon who is paying £45m+ for him? Nobody!

Gray for £12m is disrespectful joke because he's a future England international and a huge asset to the club so he's going nowhere unless Sterling figures are paid and that's not happening either.

It seems everyone is underestimating the valuation we'll put on our players and overestimating what other clubs will pay for them. Look at Berahino and Deeney as examples of clubs not willing to sell and putting extortionate price tags on them because of what they're worth to them, not other clubs.

I'll put money on it that both are City players next season because nobody will pay for them.

15. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I think clubs will as we have some very good players that aren't on stupid wages and we aren't in Europe any more.

Mahrez - because he was close to leaving last season and there are a lot of rumours about there being a handshake deal that if a club meets our valuation, we'd let him go. The likes of PSG and Monaco would pay what we want for him for a homegrown player.

Schmeichal - he was our best player and is linked with clubs playing in Europe which is where he belongs. The clubs linked with him would pay £30M as the likes of Bravo prove that good keepers elsewhere can be ****e here and he is technically a homegrown player in England as well.

Gray for £12M is a misprint - his minimum fee is around £20M as reported in more reputable sources and the likes of Liverpool would pay that much for a homegrown play now they are in Champions League.

Remember we nearly got relegated last season and finished 12th - next season will be another "get to 40pts and see how things go" one so can't blame people for moving to established European clubs for much better wages.

16. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Great header on Sunday from 5 yards out that went wide and cost us the best part of £5 million. Harry Redknapp's missus would have buried that one.

17. Proud Fox

Tbf Slimani does bury that chance 9 times out of 10

18. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

You're being a bit generous there, Proud. There was another chance a couple of weeks earlier when he missed the ball altogether.

19. Proud Fox

In the air Slimani is deadly

Ball at his feet he is useless

20. jambawamba

jambawamba Well-Known Member

Can't see how you think he is deadly in the air!

I have seen him miss more than what he as converted.