1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Winter 2024 Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by THE FOXES 1884, May 5, 2016.

1. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Did you mean 'whingers'? <laugh>

I think Musa is more of a central striker than a winger. And Mahrez might be a wide player, but not a classic winger with pace to go past defenders to the byline and whip in a cross.

2. LEICESTER FOSSE

LEICESTER FOSSE Active Member

Shakey will get the managers job on a permanent basis..
    Mahrez, Kasper, Musa and Ulloa all leaving in the summer. (maybe more ?...)
    We´ll have quite abit of money to spend...
    Our scouts are working over time between now and kick off next season...
    Top 10 (pos europa place) the aim...

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  3. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

If Mahrez leaves I suspect it will be to either France or Spain ... the only reason I could see for him joining another English club would be for regular Champions League football ... which means Spurs and Liverpool would both be doubtful ... Arsenal possible but I'm not sure the other Big Clubs here need him or would feel he's a good fit ... PSG or Marseilles (both rumoured to be interested) would more or less guarantee UCL for years ... and France is obviously his 'home' ...<ok>

4. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Eduardo Macía has a big summer - I have faith that he will do us well as I always try to sign him as part of my backroom staff in Football Manager...

5. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Not sure why you'd think he'd goto Arsenal for CL football when they won't be in it, a move to Spurs or Liverpool would be more on the cards, though i agree that he'd probably end up somewhere like Marseilles, PSG, Athletico etc.

Oh yes, can't wait until the transfer news on sky sports starts up again in the summer with football manager stats for the players <laugh>

"These are the official stats from the blah blah blah" just admit they are from football manager already!

6. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Arsenal can still make top 4 and are on their customary good run in ... they also are regulars in the UCL (I'm looking beyond this season - which will be what Mahrez is also doing if UCL is THAT important to him) ... finally there is quite a "french connection" at Arsenal ...<ok>

7. LeicesterWizard

So if Mahrez wants to goto Arsenal, he'll put in a shift against City so they can get CL football. Will be watching him closely ...

Arguably the french connection at Arsenal is their problem. Loads of people want Wenger and Giroud out. Not sure it will be the best situation for Mahrez if Wenger leaves, they will spiral worse than Man U.

8. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I get what you mean about long term

This is the kind of signing I like!
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.te...plan-raid-lower-leagues-teenage-defender/amp/

9. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Koscielny, Coquelin, Reine-Adelaide, Sanogo ... and even Xhaka is likely French speaking <ok>

10. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Marseille and PSG are reportedly after Mahrez.

Athletico were really impressed by Vardy and are after him.

West Ham want Slimani

We are linked with James Justin - a 19yo RB from Luton.

11. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Yes boys that's my type of signing!

I can see Slimani doing well at West Ham. If we could profit and replace him within Deeney everyone would be a winner there

12. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Shakey has commented that he is not aware of any "gentleman's agreements" and that he expects the players on long term contracts to honour them... on Mahrez in particular, in answere to questions he repled that Riyad was his usual self in training, happy, smiling and seemingly content with life ...

We need to give a bit of a wide berth to some of the rubbish written in the Press ... for instance - it was widely reported that Jose Mourinho had claimed that United's SF with Celta Vigo was the club's most imortant game ever ,,, what he actually said was that the "next game" is always a club's most important .... i.e because you can't do anything about the ones that have already been played ... the Press latched on and vilified him for 'claiming' that last nights game was more immportant than past European Cup triumphs blah blah blah ... bunch of parasitic cnuts that they are <ok>

13. LeicesterWizard

They are all just going off Ranieris "one more year" line from last year.

Apparently if they stayed, it must have been because of that! It has nothing to do with their 5 year contracts <doh>

14. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

15. leicester_ed

Surely we keep Captain Morgan?

16. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Thinking back a couple of years it was James and Cambiasso in the middle and Drinky on the bench so James may come in to the picture in front of King and everyone only has good things to say about Barnes. We may well be OK in midfield but definitely need at least one central defender and someone to back up Simpson. Musa has had opportunities and has appeared a bit light, in my opinion I don't think he will make it in the PL. Slimani is an asset and needs to stay. For all his up the pitch defensive work we do need more goals from Okazaki. I will be really disappointed if Kasper goes but he is replaceable. Vardy however isn't. We are all set up to play to his style and he would be a huge loss.

LeicesterWizard likes this.
  17. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

I think it will be very unlikely that Okazaki will ever be prolific for us. He is an instinct player who scores the spectacular but is not blessed with composure when given time. Can't fault his all out effort, and he would be almost undroppable if he could top that off with a little composure and better balance. Great performance against Man City last weekend though when he showed some very nice touches. Amartey has gone from guaranteed starter to a bit-part player, but did look useful at right back, especially when partnered with Albrighton. Unless he is given a start in the centre of defense his opportunities might be limited next season.

We have a few 'nearly' men in the squad; ones that are okay as back up but not good enough for a start - Mendy, Musa, King, and we have some unknowns - James, Lawrence, Barnes, who might come into contention. We also have some ageing players - Morgan, Huth, Fuchs - who will need replacing soon. It's a shame we aren't allowed to put the returning loanees out for half a match against Premier League opposition just to see what stage they are at. We need some top quality opponents in the close season to give them a chance to show what they can do. Maybe Slimani might look good if we play Shepshed (as long as they don't put out too strong a team <laugh> ).

18. LeicesterWizard

Bar Chilwell and Amartey, i really don't think we have any kind of development plan as the defense goes.

Morgan to Newcastle seems like a strange one, especially with him being club captain whose 33 with a contact here until hes 35, can't see Newcastle offering him an even longer contract than that.

19. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Can see them offering him more money and if we are getting Harry Maguire, it would be a like for like replacement.

20. leicester_ed

Surely we want to keep Morgan? Forgetting his age, him and Huth are excellent. Don't write them off yet