1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Winter 2024 Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by THE FOXES 1884, May 5, 2016.

1. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Im a big fan of his, when he's received a quality cross, he can usually head it in or cause the keeper problems, has to play with Albrighton to get the best out of him. The main problem is we don't setup with a big man up front often from the start.

Speaking of Ruddy, anyone know why he was released from Norwich? Surely he couldn't have fallen from england fringes to not good enough for the championship.

2. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

He has fallen that far and don't call me Shirley.

3. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Strikes me as more a change of direction from the club. Getting some of the older, higher earners out given that they didn't bounce straight back again

4. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

And to think we got a £45m offer from China!!

5. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Should have snatched their hand off!

6. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Don't mind Slimani despite an awful first touch and his injuries this year. Would much prefer if Musa went and not bothered about Ulloa these days either. If Okazaki could stay on his feet and score some goals that would certainly help as well. Think we need to get Tom Lawrence involved pre season to see if he is worth a shout

7. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

<laugh> ... how surreal is that? ... next somebody will wake me and tell me we once won the EPL <laugh>

8. leicester_ed

According to papers, Gray has a £22m release clause. Have we not learnt our lesson after Kante and Vardy!?

9. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

He's not worth that much - has potential but if anyone is daft enough to bid that much for him then I'd let him go.

Ndidi on the other hand, I really hope they have learnt their lesson.

10. MoultonFox

MoultonFox Active Member

Didn't know Gray played in goal.

11. LeicesterWizard

Signed his contract before the Kante and Vardy thing, his contract won't be any different, though i certainly hope that the likes of Slimani and Ndidi don't have clauses like this.

12. leicester_ed

Looks like Deeney is off. I'd still love to pair him with Vardy as I think they'd compliment each other very well. Can see it being a far more sensible fee this time around too

13. LeicesterWizard

Im not sure if it would be any different to the Vardy/Slimani partnership.

Don't both Vardy and Deeney want to play high on the shoulder? im not sure we could lose the industrious Okazaki role.

14. leicester_ed

Deeney seems to play deeper like Okasaki from the limited football I've seen from him but could be wrong

15. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Deeney plays as a proper #10 while Slimani is a #9.

Deeney would be awesome for us imo.

16. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We are linked with Bruma from Galatasteray again

Meanwhile Musa is looking to leave at the end of the season and Spurs and Liverpool are linked with Mahrez.

17. LeicesterWizard

Another winger? pretty sure we'd only move for one if one of ours is leaving, maybe just a precautionary target.

Kinda hope that Mahrez moves out of the prem if hes going. Don't know what happened to Musa really, not good enough striker to replace Vardy and 4th choice winger at best.

Think we need to look at CM, King is no longer a good option off the bench for me, we need to improve there.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
    leicester_ed likes this.
  18. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

If Mahrez does go, and it seems inevitable he will at some point, I'd prefer to see him move abroad - for his own sake as much as ours. Clearly, if we are serious about challenging top 6 again next season we will need to strengthen and add depth.

Agreed about King. A great club man but he doesn't really improve the quality. He does a reasonable job when he plays and he doesn't seem to mind sitting on the bench and only getting a game every now and then. We have Amartey and Mendy as other midfielders, but it's difficult to know what Mendy has to offer as he's a permanent sicknote. Bart is still around, isn't he?

As for central defenders, I don't know what others' opinions of Benalouane are, but from what I've seen on TV recently he does seem to have improved now he's had a run of games. It's always difficult when a player has to wait for an injury until he gets a game; they always try too hard to make an impact and make bad decisions. Earlier in the year he looked absolutely woeful. What are people's opinions of Maguire (Hull), Gibson (Middlesborough) or Mawson (Swansea)?

Up front Musa has been in and out of the team, so it's difficult to be too harsh on him. He has looked lively at times, but he isn't going to get a long run of games in his best position because he's competing with Vardy, and he's no winger. Gray has to feature more next season; we can't afford to lose a talent like that. Another strike partner for Vardy would be welcome. Okazaki has many qualities but he doesn't score enough goals.

19. LEICESTER FOSSE

LEICESTER FOSSE Active Member

I think the title needs changing back to SUMMER again...

20. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Musa and Mahrez are both wingers...