1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Cb, Nov 24, 2012.

1. bobo_97

bobo_97 Well-Known Member

You mean because he wants to play CL football or any other reason?

2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Would have been easier to get him if he wasn't playing CL football imo, but we could still do a deal.

3. bobo_97

But that case was true for all people we have signed this year no? They all said no to CL.

I hope we sign him! And dembele (Dortmund one that is ;))

PINKIE likes this.
  4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

The Dembele bid was rejected, but it could just be an opening Salvo. He looks like the real deal and is going to be a massive player. Either we get him now or he's going to be another £100m+ player in a couple of years.

5. velachiperoo

velachiperoo Well-Known Member

Seeing as Dortmund have been rumored to say they will only let him leave for 90mn valuation we might be too late for that already.

6. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

That's the trouble these days. Any promising young player immediately has a £100m price tag slapped on his head.
    You can thank Chelsea, Maureen and the Sheikhs for that.

7. velachiperoo

velachiperoo Well-Known Member

Actually I believe the chain of custody to be Real-->Chelsea/Oligarchs-->PSG/City/Sheiks-->Tv money/****ing everyone.

gooner4ever and PINKIE like this.
  8. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

We really cant afford to have this overly-patient / procrastination heavy approach to the transfer market anymore.

Looks like PSG are in for Seri now. This is a side that sealed a 200m transfer for Neymar in 3 days. (The Lemar saga meanwhile has been going on for longer than a month and we have had 3 bids turned down.)

Barca look to be going after Ousmane Dembele (another player we have been chasing), Im pretty sure Mbappe will end up at Madrid either this Summer or next and if we wait round any longer I'm sure Lemar will be snapped up also.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  9. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

The Lemar deal is apparently down to Monaco signing a replacement before they let him go. They are in talks to sign Rachid Ghezzal from Lyon, so if they get that deal done, then Lemar will be allowed to join Arsenal. He has already agreed personal terms with Arsenal apparently, so I don't see another club coming in and 'snapping him up' to be honest.

10. bobo_97

Perhaps it is only me...but if we sign Lemar does it not mean we will loose Alexis? A LWF who is great at dribbling. Sounds like a replacement!

Sure we can move Alexis over to the right but dont see that happening in his last year of contract. Nor do I see Lemar on that side.

11. TheBear

Na I dont think so at all.

Very different kind of players. Apparently Mbappe/Mahrez/Dembele were seen as potential replacements - If Sanchez left.

Lemar has been a target for a while.

gooner4ever likes this.
  12. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

Clearly Arsen is making out Sanchez is not for sale because they want the maximum out of a buyer. But I think Sanchez would allow his contract to run down and leave for nothing, I think after the window closes he will sign a new deal with a £50 million buy out. You heard it here first <cheers>

13. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Actually somebody suggested that on the Arsenal board this morning

14. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Would be the worst decision our management has made letting him go. I don't think they would let him go, especially Wenger, they know the importance of keeping him and the amount of points he will win for the team. They made a mistake in the past with RVP and Cesc but those were different times and we managed to muddle through due to poorer competition in the PL.

PINKIE likes this.
  15. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

This ^^^

He's worth more to our squad than what we'd get for him this summer.

Also after having said he won't be sold, it would be criminal to then do that at the 11th hour

16. TheBear

Since when does Wenger learn from his mistakes. One thing Wenger does do is make the same mistakes over and over again.

At this point I would bet on Sanchez riding out his contract and leaving on a free. I think its the most likely scenario.

17. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Keeping him and letting him leave on a free would be less of a mistake then selling him this summer.

lazarus20000 and Diego like this.
  18. TheBear

Maybe. Could probably get around 50-60m in the current market (despite his age).

I think the best option is try and buy a World Class replacement. How much would Aubamayang/Greizmann/ Reus/Bale cost? maybe £80-90m?.. that would be a £30 million gross spend. If we let him leave on a free we would need to spend that £90m next Summer to replace that quality.

19. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

We're not getting any of those players this window, so selling him would be a massive step backwards. Even if we got £50m for him this summer, who could we buy that we're not in for already ? I do not see any scenario where selling Sanchez is a good option and thankfully Wenger seems to agree. He's not for sale and even if he goes on a free next summer, he's still worth more to us this season coming than anything we could get for him now.

20. TheBear

The fact Sanchez is in this situation is just another example why transfer Wengers trans is totally ****ed up. We cant even offload the players we don't want anymore.(probably because they are all on MUCH higher wages than they would get elsewhere)

Selling Sanchez and buying a World class replacement now is the best thing to do from a managerial and business perspective. IF they cant get him to sign a new deal. Otherwise we will have to spend huge money next summer just to get a similar quality replacement - taking the exactly where it was before. It seems like a ludicrous strategy.