1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Cb, Nov 24, 2012.

1. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Easier said than done. Do you think we would get two forward players in if we sold Sanchez? That would mean us getting 3 top forward players in one window. That would be an unrealistic transfer window for us.

Keeping Sanchez is our best bet and hope we get a right winger in. Otherwise selling Sanchez and getting a singular replacement would put us back to where we was last season, in terms of attacking quality.

We need to be adding to our attacking line.

2. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Its typical that..

Chelsea have signed Bakayoko
    City have signed Mendy
    Arsenal have three bids for Lemar turned down. Deal looks highly unlikley at this point.

3. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Wenger wouldn't have it any other way. Or Gazidis :p

4. Quilllogic

Quilllogic Active Member

After an encouraging start to the transfer window things seem to have stalled in typical Wenger fashion.
    A lot of names are being bandied about but nothing particularly positive is happening.
    If we don't act soon then the players that we are so say interested in could end up elsewhere.

5. TheBear

Well Wenger always gets the blame for this. (and I'm sure he's at least partly responsible)

But It's Gazidis etcs.. job to actually make the signings. As well as to renewing contracts. All I know is back before Gazidis when David Dean was in charge of these things we didnt have these issues.

6. TheBear

Is Lemar this years Goetze, MVilla, Higuain?

7. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

Yes

8. TheBear

So I take it you dont think it will happen?

9. bobo_97

bobo_97 Well-Known Member

I don't really understand why there are so many rumors about Lemar unless we sell Alexis. Sure, he can play instead of the Ox/Walcott/Iwobi and would be an improvement most likely but not a necessity right now.

We have other areas on the pitch where we really need to improve ... CM! We cannot go into a season where we rely on Ramsey/Xhaka as our midfield combo! They both will be suspended/injured within the first couple of months of the season.

I didn't know who Carzola was but when I saw his Youtube I got a good feeling ... same for Seri. Sign him up I say :)

My gut feeling has been good before... a year before we signed Alexis I said we should get him. And I won prediction league 2 times in the last 3 years. With those credentials ... seri will be a success ;)

PINKIE likes this.
  10. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Totally agree I think the whole Cazorla situation has flown under the radar bit. We can get all the front players we want but if our midfield isn't ticking over well then we see a breakdown upfront and pressure at the back.

Cazorla is an integral cog in our team and without him, we look less fluid and disjointed.

Rather than hoping for a minor miracle with Cazorla coming back from injury, we should be getting backup. We simply don't have the players who can replicate or come close to what he does. Sometimes it's infuriating that we miss the bloody obvious and end up suffering come start of season. Big difference now is there is no hiding in the PL, any weakness will be ruthlessly exposed, something we got away with the majority in the past.

PINKIE likes this.

11. TheBear

Well I think you are both correct but I also think Lemar is being looked at because much like Carzorla he keeps the play ticking over and speeds up the game.

Lemar can play CM (not saying he will) but he's very much a well rounded creative player. I dont think he's a 20 goal a Season WF more a player who keeps the play moving.

12. bobo_97

bobo_97 Well-Known Member

We have Walcott for that ;) the 20 goals from the wing ...

13. TheBear

Juventus are interested in signing Polish defensive midfielder Grzegorz Krychowiak.

He would be ideal for us IMO. Good on the ball, strong can defend and has good distribution. We were linked to him a couple of Seasons back - would be great if Wenger went back in for him.

14. TheBear

If we do sign Lemar - like the Express is claiming. Don't be surprised if he plays down the middle.

15. Quilllogic

Quilllogic Active Member

Or not at all, like Perez.

TheBear likes this.
  16. TheBear

For all the criticsm Arsenal get for not signing their targets - we are FAR worse at selling players.

Debuchy - He's STILL an Arsenal player? before we had him he was one of the most in demand RB's in the league - Now we cant give him away!!
    Gibbs - We have Monreal and Kolasinac. He's a decent player that would probably fetch us £10million.
    Gabriel - Ok Wenger probably wont sell him. But he should.
    Jenkinson - Apparently he's still an Arsenal player. Who Knew?
    Coquelin - Hasnt played well in a good 12-18 months. Buy a replacement DM and sell.
    Chamberlain - Either he signs on or we sell him now. Could easily get £20 million for the Ox.
    Campbell - Loaned him out again. Just decide if you wanna keep him or sell him Wenger.
    Wilshere - Make a decision. Keep him or sell him. It seems like Wilshere is in Limbo.
    Wellington Silva - Yeah he's that Brazilian wonderkid we bought like a decade ago.Still an Arsenal player.
    Akpom - This guy would do well at Club like Bournemouth, he's not Arsenal quality though.
    Perez - This ones a shame because he's a good player. But there's no point keeping him if he's not gonna play.

I wonder what selling all that would do to the wage bill. Guess what? we would still have a big squad.I wouldnt be suprised to find out we still own Djourou and Fran Merida at this point.

lazarus20000 and Quilllogic like this.
  17. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Ajax play Nice tonight in the CL qualifier second leg, with the score at 1-1. The outcome of this game could have a big bearing on whether we can get Jean Micheal Seri this window.

Come on Ajax <ok>

18. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Brilliant equaliser from Ajax against Nice. Had a touch of the Bergkamp v Newcastle in it. 1-1 on the night 2-2 on agg

19. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Ajax now 2-1 up. Nice heading out of the CL

20. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Nice equalise and go through 2-2 on away goals.