1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Summer transfer 2017

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by General Melchett, Mar 16, 2017.

1. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

If you sell Jacob, Howson, Brady ,Ollson all quality International players and replace them with free transfers loan signings and German 2nd division cheep options.

Then you are asking for more than patience, you are hoping for miracles Zimmerman and Reed look the only ok new faces thus far.
    We desperately need another centre back that can defend corners for a start.
    Grabban would be an improvement to what we have even :emoticon-0136-giggl

2. DUNCAN DONUTS

Same ,and as customers we vote with our feet if the product is not good quality.
    The board treat us as consumers and as a result of the poor quality product I won't be buying any £73 shirts either

Forgot_My_Lines likes this.
  3. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

Can be yours for a mere £55 <ok>

4. DUNCAN DONUTS

Letters number and Championships badge p&p<whistle>

COLUMIKE

5. DUNCAN DONUTS

Charlton game is general sale tomorrow, if we beat QPR I'll splash out £10 on a ticket can't say fairer than that <ok>

JM Fan likes this.
  6. bedfordcanary

bedfordcanary Well-Known Member

6'5, 21 year old Le Harvre striker Nathael Julan anyone?

5 goals in first 3 games in Ligue 2. Yes its a pants league but he is apparently very highly regarded in France. Some of his goals this year have been very good. Looks strong, fast and most importantly CLINICAL! Like a young Jerome but taller.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/897954093?-11057:808:3

JM Fan likes this.
  7. DUNCAN DONUTS

I would file that one under bullshit.<ok>

JM Fan likes this.
  8. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Exactly. Take the Premiership billions, spend very little, tell us they are skint, sell best players, bring in lower league foreign exports with no experience at a massive overall profit.

I think it's fair enough to not want to give them more money for this "product". The board will just pocket it.

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.
  9. bedfordcanary

bedfordcanary Well-Known Member

Not quite answering the post there tbh? The implication was a question... would you want him?

Yes i know, i know, we need a CB. But its always nice to speculate about strikers. This is the TRANSFER RUMOUR thread after all.

10. Forgot_My_Lines

Hmm, not that bothered. We have already signed one young foreign player who will sit in our reserves.

Signing players just because they are cheap and very tall, hasn't worked for anything so far. He's got a bit of a name as a prospect. Premiership teams sniffing around. But would be for their reserves too.

He's a better prospect than that other lad we signed for upfront. Again though, never played in England, never played in the Championship, little to no first team experience.

He does seem to have a goal in him. But like the players we have already signed from the German equivalent. French version of our Championship is probably about League 1/League 2 football.

JM Fan likes this.

11. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

From today's EDP and hopefully this should quell the Basil transfer rumours - “I do not know about Wolverhampton’s possible interest, I admire Nuno Espirito Santo as coach and I even have friends at Wolves, but I’m happy at Norwich,” he said. “I’m totally adapted and I feel cherished at the club, my coach is great and he likes me. :emoticon-0107-sweat
    Full Article here - http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwic...ra-brushes-off-wolves-transfer-link-1-5149216

12. Forgot_My_Lines

He'll go.
    Near deadline.
    And we wont replace him.

JM Fan likes this.
  13. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

Can he play CB? That extra inch could make all the difference, as the others at 6'4" appear to be too short to win headers!

I'd take him, seems to be interest from a couple of premier clubs too, so he may have something about him.

14. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

Really DD?? I try not to get involved in the politics on here and stick to footballing matters but are you just WUMMING?

Brady and Olsson were long gone before the new manager came in. Howson refused to sign a new contract and would leave next year for free. Jacob wanted to go to the club he supports and we were offered a good fee. Neither Jacob nor Howson are international players?

How many times does the club need to say - "we need to be realistic with our finances and live within our means"? It's a pretty basic concept to understand.

1950canary and canary-dave like this.
  15. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

That's him gone then !! <yikes>

16. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Certainly seems like it and I reckon it will be after the trip to 'the Den!!!' <yikes>

17. Forgot_My_Lines

Jerome and Watkins leading the way to promotion!! Excellent!!

We only need to create 25 chances for each to get 1 shot on target!
    35 for a goal.
    We definitely create that many a game. Easy!

Nelson - about 10 minutes - 1 goal.

Get rid!!

marknemo and JM Fan like this.
  18. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

An improved bid of 4.5m Euros for Leitner (?) has been rejected, but with only one year left on his contract they are playing a dangerous, and possibly expensive, game. For that kind of money from Europe I would hope he would be a significant upgrade on our present incumbents.

DHCanary likes this.
  19. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

I can understand the need to release or sell players to balance the budget, but I was hoping for 1 or 2 reasonably priced quality players from the surplus gained. I can't see it happening now.

DUNCAN DONUTS, KIO and JM Fan like this.
  20. 1950canary

1950canary Well-Known Member

A concept that FML and others refuse to understand unless, of course, they are talking about their own finances. We had to cover last years loss by the sales to date and reduce the expenditure of the Club from last year to next by the sum of the parachute payments - a necessity not an optional extra. If you look at the accounts we never made profits from our spells in the Premiership but why let facts get in the way of a vendetta against the Board? Despite the new set up there are still those who think Delia deals with everything from the choice of tea bags at Colney to transfer activities and team selection. Everybody is entitled to their own opinions but surely opinions have to be based on fact rather than complete fantasy.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017