1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Summer transfer 2017

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by General Melchett, Mar 16, 2017.

1. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

In their dreams.

2. goldeneadie

Just read a Football League World (feeling sick) report that the Rangers interest in "outcast" Maddison. You could' make it up. Well, actually it appears you can.

JM Fan likes this.
  3. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I'm hoping AP MIGHT want to stay and whenever AP and Naismith have played together, Naismith's game improves - CAN'T get any worse <yikes>
    Yes, i saw that KIO and REALLY don't see a bat's chance of that happening,!!!

4. goldeneadie

The usual carp. They had someone checking Dorrans, and Maddison made his debut in that match. Maddison scored THAT goal against Rangers, ergo, they want him.

JM Fan likes this.
  5. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

6. goldeneadie

He seems a very focused, even driven, person. I can imagine he will not suffer under achieving with any tolerance. Perform or go would seen to be his likely stance.

JM Fan likes this.
  7. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Which having seen our board so dithering and passive while Rome burnt (twice) under Hughton and Neil, who were both here far too long (imo) and the cheap cop out appointment of Neil Adams for no really good reason, is just what this club needs.
    As has been said, his words are good - I hope he can back it up with corresponding actions <ok>

8. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Thanks for that Cromer and we should have a better picture of what the future holds in a few weeks.

9. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Indeed. I just want this pesky season to end ASAP so we can dismantle - and 'remantle' in time for pre-match warm ups in July / August <ok>

JM Fan likes this.
  10. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

RiverEndRick likes this.

11. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

This one is far more explanatory. He discusses certain individuals and how he sees them fitting into things (or not!)
    This section will have JM fan doing cartwheels <ok>

On the outside it (the academy) looks good. Have I delved deep into it? No I haven’t, because there’s probably other priorities, I’m sure the fans wouldn’t thank me for looking at the academy and would ask ‘What about the Head Coach?’ What I have witnessed is maybe there’s not been a great connection between the academy and the first team, which is incredible really when they’re on the same site. A big part of my job will be to connect that up.

Full interview here:
    http://www.alongcomenorwich.com/articles/stuart-webber-the-interview

Sorry, DH, I was busy a)reading it and b) copying and pasting from it as you posted <ok>

DHCanary likes this.
  12. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

That is SOME article DH and I HAVE to agree with almost every one of his comments - yes, we ALL want to see JM play, but if AP and Naismith are still here next season - where does he fit in??
    I also loved the comment that we are overloaded with players in certain areas of midfield, but don't OWN a LB!!! <doh>
    He expects to name his HC by the end of May.
    Happy Days!!!! :emoticon-0102-bigsm

13. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Oi you <grr>
    Get back to the bar and your glass (bottle <ok>) of Pošip.
    ;)

14. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I rather like Karlovacko!! <cheers> <laugh>

15. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Yes, me too and this is not at all bad either <ok>
    please log in to view this image

16. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Yes, I've tried that and have to say it's pretty good!!
    Getting back on track - I've reread the ACN article and definitely in favour of making CR a 'cauldron of noise' again, so let's hope SW succeeds in doing that, but NO CLAPPERS please!! <yikes>

17. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

The ACN article is the best I've read so far so thanks to DH and Cromer for that. The depth of it gives a much deeper insight into SW's thinking. There's loads of potential there, but it still needs to be realized. I was a bit concerned that he doesn't seem to be allowing for injuries and suspensions in his squad size, but we'll have to wait and see on that.

18. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

I was more concerned about the JM quotes to be honest. I read it as JM is either off, or headed out on loan again and there's little point in him gunning for a first team role here next season. What I did like was his brutal honesty about how unhelpful fans can be during games especially for the youngsters. He's clearly not someone to trot out the usual cliches about how amazing our fans are.

DHCanary likes this.
  19. goldeneadie

Wonderful interview. Would seem with his aim of a streamlined first team squad of 18, that youth will get a much better chance under his stewardship. Particularly liked his comment that if you do not use the products from the academy then there is no point in having one. I believe that most of us are of the same opinion.

carrowcanario and Walsh.i.am like this.
  20. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

The way I read the JM bit was that SW didn't want to hold up JM's development by having him twiddiling his thumbs third in line behind Hoolahan & Pritchard because basically he needs game time and that SW didn't see any point in him going out on a similar loan as the Aberdeen loan. Like you I'm a bit worried about what the conclusion is for me it's getting rid of Hoolahan, but I fear it may be letting JM go and using the money to strengthen elsewhere. Only other option I can see is loaning him to a championship team. On the plus side it's good to see that SW understands player development and the need for youth to get regular game time at the right level. Bennett is a player that I think has suffered from not getting enough regular game time in his key early 20's and I fear the result will be he never reaches his full potential.

goldeneadie, canary-dave and JM Fan like this.